“the perfect place to stay!”

and 1 more site!
Sairee Sairee Guesthouse
Ranked #20 of 79 Koh Tao B&B and Inns
Reviewed October 31, 2013 via mobile

nice, spacious, bright & modern room with, clean, grat location within sairee village, lots of shops, bars and restaurants around, only 3 minutes to walk on the beach, great italian & western restaurant downstairs, very friendly staff, umbrellas in the room, which was amazing during the wet season & good wifi, I would highly recommend this place to everyone.

Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank badeneri

Reviewed October 31, 2013

We stayed in this guesthouse for 2 nights before we were leaving Koh Tao. We had a room which was definitely the cleanest and most modern room we have seen in any hostel like this in Thailand before. The guesthouse involves a restaurant with european food, especially the homemade pasta is very good! Especially if you're travelling for a longer time and you miss the european food I really recommend this place. Another bonus was the fact, that we were able to stay 9 hours after the official checkout without paying anything on top ! Other hostels in this reagion charge at least 100 Baht an hour or even the whole amount for a new night.

Room Tip: We had a room directly to the court of the guesthouse which is very busy but there was no noise at a...
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Chris_Ka_87
Reviewed October 26, 2013

Nice clean rooms which were serviced daily. Most of the structure of the room is polished concrete so makes the room feel cooler. Great air conditioning and fan. We checked in late due to ferry and the woman who helped us was bit short with us possibly due to this, even though I mentioned this when I booked. We had to put 1000baht down as a deposit for room key which I was unaware of.
We had the room closest to the restaurant and bar and it was very noisy from about 9 to 11pm at night. The restaurant only serves Italian and western food, and isn’t open for breakfast until maybe 8am, so we never ate there. Great location for being close to the village which had bars and restaurants but if you want to get away from it all this might not be the best place. There is no swimming pool or area to relax except the balcony which didn’t have any furniture. Nice place but would have preferred more quiet place.

Room Tip: Ask for a room furthest away from bar/restaurant
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 23, 2013

Clean rooms made entirely of concrete. The location is an easy 10 minute walk from the beach. The location is convenient to shops, food, or catching a ride to the pier, but if you are a diver you probably should look closer to the beach. The rooms at the back of the property are very quiet and good for sleeping. WiFi worked about 50% of the time. The entrance to the room was a sliding glass door and like any slider not very secure (my door opened slightly even when locked, allowing a pry bar if someone was so inclined), but it's a pretty relaxed island so I trusted it was safe enough. I appreciated the design of the hotel and the restaurant, but the service in the restaurant was abysmal at breakfast. Stay here if you want a very clean, if slightly overpriced, room. Go elsewhere if you want to be close to the beach or seek local charm.

Room Tip: Rooms at the back are very quiet.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed October 11, 2013

After reading all the reviews on the accomodations in Sairee Village, I have decided to give Sairee Sairee Guesthouse a shot. I stayed for 3 nights and I would say I didn't regret it but there are things the gueshouse could improved on.

The good:
1. Location - This place is centrally located, there are 7 -eleven, restaurants, mini marts, pubs, 3 minutes walk to the beach, taxis etc just outside the guesthouse. Yet, I can't hear the noise from all the hustle bustle so that's great. I was not bothered by no pickup from pier and no breakfast cos I know beforehand its not part of the deal. If you want sunset view, walk to the beach area and there are plenty of restaurants that offer a great sunset view.

2. Room - Room is clean and I actually don't mind the cement floor cos as it can be easily cleaned of the sands. But adding some color e.g. painting the cement wall and the bed frame could make the room more cheerful and lively. Grey can be a bit dull after a while.

3. Food - There are many restaurants around to choose from especially along the beach area. I have my meal mostly at Su Chili which is just across the road. Good thai food.

The not so good (to me):
1. The garden at the downstairs room could be better kept. Maybe some little fencing might add some character to the entrance of the room.
2. There is no shower curtain in the toilet to separate the toilet with the shower area. The whole toilet sort of got wet when I have a shower.
3. The guesthouse is not in front of the beach.

Overall, I am satisfied with my stay in Sairee Sairee Guesthouse.

Room Tip: upstairs room might have more sunlight.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 10, 2013

The room is very new and clean. Comfortable bed and room. The hotel is on the main street. The location is very convenience; there are many food and shops around the hotel. About 10 min. walk to the beach.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 7, 2013

Very nice rooms in central location. There was no noise from the road or any nearby bars. Spacious and modern if a tad overpriced - would be great to have breakfast included and a pier transfer as taxis are extortionate. Wifi very good.

As we are backpacking we appreciated the small luxuries of a hair dryer and toiletries!

Food in the restaurant good also, the salad and breakfast portions are large.

Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple