“Good place to be”

Ranked #4 of 77 Koh Tao B&B and Inns
Astana, Kazakhstan
“Good place to be”
Reviewed July 12, 2013 via mobile

My wife and me spent four nights there and this was our stop on Koh Tao. All the facilities were working fine, headmaster of the reception is gorgeous, you feel home right after arrival. Great value for us was that you don't hear the village which is still short walking distance away.
Rooms and balconies are very quiet, yet all the necessary facilities are near: shops, breakfast places (plenty) restaurants, massage, thai food places, laundry etc etc.
Seashore and longtail boats are few minutes walking distance away.

Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank Pavel P

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed April 9, 2013

We were not impressed with the services offered by the hotel

We dealt with two types of staff, the older staff who were amazing and friendly when we dealt with them for an issue we encounted with the bike. They were fantastic and we were really happy with the choice we had made in choosing a place to rent a scooter.

We had researched as much as we could from home a company that would be honest to hire from, we were very dissappointed.

On return of our scooter late one night, the younger guys came to inspect our scooter and it was akward, they were distant and rude, and proceeded to tell us that a scratch that they had already marked on our piece of paper that we had signed was not the acutal scratch on the Bike.

The photos were dark and could not entirely see the sctrach we had photographed when we hired the scotter in the first place, we knew something wasn't right and requested to see the boss. they left us waiting 1.45hrs, no boss came? and the aggression from one of the staff turned very ugly and was very off putting. We were so dissappointed.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Hastings, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 5, 2013 via mobile

Friendly staff, big room, all rounder for the money. Staff helpful, good wifi connection in room. Very short walk to beach and bars etc only thing I missed was not having a pool but that's just because sand drives me insane!

• Stayed April 2013
2 Thank missmaths
Ardrishaig, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 1, 2013 via mobile

It was a great stay in a great location but I can't help but focus on my last day. A couple of holiday makers came into to use the Internet and the staff were very rude and unpleasant to them because the Internet was very expensive. It may be wrong to judge this place on something I didn't experience myself but I didn't always feel uncomfortable around the staff as if walking on eggshells. For example I had laundry done and was over charged but felt scared to say anything. It's also pretty expensive, I wish I stayed somewhere else. I am very easily pleased and its rare for me to write a negative review

• Stayed March 2013
1 Thank Kate S
Hamburg
Reviewed February 10, 2013

we mentioned that there is mold in our bathroom and the wifi did not work, there was no other room but we still wanted to stay because it was only for 3 nights. Still the next morning we got kicked out of our room, the manager got more and more aggressive and showed unfortunately a totally diffferent face of himself. We were even more shocked when we found out that he sent someone after us the night before to observe if we were checking other places to stay. We had been travelling for 9 months so we could tell the good or bad value and became very open minded in giving feedback to our hosts. After this I have to give my feedback here because there is much better value in Sairee Village (e.g. just opposite, very modern and with breakfast included) and I think one should not deserve business by treating guests like this. Otherwise the rooms are spacious and bright.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank JostHamburg
Montreal, Canada
Reviewed February 2, 2013

Stayed there for 3 nights before I started my diving Open Water course and was glad I did. It is in a reasonably quiet location, a mere 5 minute walk to beach. Rooms are large with reasoable amenities such as relaible Wifi and Cable TV and are kept spotless clean by a caring and welcoming staff, who truly try hard so guets have a memorable stay. For an unpretentious guesthouse (not a 5* star hotel) this could be excellent value in Koh Tao.

Room Tip: Got the room on the Top Floor and was there having the top floor all for me.