“BEWARE!! Or go there at own risk!!”
Review of Aow Leuk Bay

and up
Koh Nang Yuan and Koh Tao Snorkeling Tour from Koh Samui
Ranked #9 of 51 things to do in Koh Tao
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“BEWARE!! Or go there at own risk!!”
Reviewed November 9, 2013 via mobile

Me and my boyfriend went for a ride to this beach to see something new. I fell asleep for a while on the beach while my boyfriend quietly read his book and let me sleep. I had just woken up when this CRAZY man starts yelling and comes charging down the beach. We both sat up and wondered what was going on. The man picked up a big rock and was going to hit my boyfriend, screamed at us in Thai and was extremely aggressive. Then he turned to me and started moving forward towards me, trying to hit me with this rock. Me and my boyfriend grabbed our stuff and managed to get to our motorbikes and I left that place shaking... We had no idea what time it was but realised that it was a few minutes after 17 (this is when this "private" beach closes!!) I really don't understand his problem and I would not recommend anyone to go there. This man is not well and if you go.. don't bring ANY food or drinks and make sure you leave before 17.00, not one minute late!! I have read in other forums that he has attacked people with a machete. Like I said he is unstable and potentially dangerous so just avoid it, don't go!!!!!! There are a lot better beaches to go to....

Visited November 2013

4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 12 helpful votes
“pearl of ko tao”
Reviewed September 30, 2013

this is such a lovely place! not only the water and the beach are stunningly beautiful, also snorkeling is just wonderful! A lot of nice fish and corals. And on top of that there is a very nice restaurant with such a nice view on the bay and gorgeous food (try the beef burger and the coconut shake - that is what we had ;-)). They arrange the food carfully and decorate it with a flower: never experienced something like that in a restaurant for this price!

caution: respect the rules on this private beach and you will have an unforgettable stay.

Visited September 2013
Melbourne
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 20 helpful votes
“My favourite beach on Koh Tao”
Reviewed September 12, 2013

I first came here when the road was too rough for a car to travel down and before there were two restaurants here. Aow Leuk has grown in popularity though is still beautiful.
Even at low tide the water is so deep and clear that you can stand up to your shoulders and see you feet and all the fish swimming around you.
There are also coral reefs that you can get to via the beach for snorkelling.
The infastructure does now mean that you can access by road (including bikes) and the restaurants are very good. Best coconut shake I have ever had.

Visited September 2013
Hoi An
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“beach”
Reviewed September 3, 2013

the beaches on Koh Tao are not as good as on Kho samui but ok for a dip. we did not travel around the island so were limited to just the beaches close to where the boats come in

Visited July 2013
Dublin, Ireland
22 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 19 helpful votes
“Paradise!”
Reviewed August 27, 2013

Stick your head under the water on this beach and you will see more fish than your local aquarium! Rent a moped to get there and you will not regret getting a little bit outside of town! Be warned though, it's a private beach and closes at 5pm so don't leave it too late!

Visited August 2013