New Heaven Dive School
Ranked #53 of 100 Tours in Koh Tao
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: An oasis in the middle of the sea…We are dedicated to upholding responsible eco-tourism with marine conservation, safety, and quality being our main priorities. Through our coral reef conservation projects and coral reef check courses, we strive to promote sustainable business practices that will preserve this tropical island paradise so that it may be enjoyed for generations to come. We welcome you to New Heaven Dive School Koh Tao…
Useful Information: Activities for young children, Activities for older children, Food available for purchase
Reviewed February 3, 2013

My wife did her PADI certification here and had a great and personal experience. She was the only one in her class and the intructor was great. It was also fun for me as the instructor happily let me join on the dives. I was certified by a larger dive school on Koh Tao in 2006, but our experience at New Heaven was much more personable and sincere. I was also very impressed with their marine and reef conservation efforts. The staff was awesome, everyone was very cool and friendly. I would highly recommend this to anyone looking for a more intimate diving experience. It was also nice to be on a smaller boat and I saw many more dive sites around the island while diving at new Heaven than on my last trip with the larger dive school. I'm not sure if this is typical of the large schools but it was my personal experience. I loved the diversity of the different sites we got to dive at while at New Heaven. Awesome job guys!
We would have liked to try the Yoga studio upstairs but just never found the time to.

newheavendiveschool, Owner at New Heaven Dive School, responded to this reviewResponded February 6, 2013

I am so happy today as i have seen so many positive comments about our dive school. It really is our vision here to enjoy our days with new friends and hope the enjoy them as much as we do. Hopefully next time you can make it to the yoga class

Reviewed February 3, 2013

I can hardly imagine a place that is more relaxed, easy going and professional than New Heaven. I really enjoyed my open water course and had a lot of fun with instructor Manu, thanks a lot! The people at New Heaven care about the ocean and about you. I you are planning to dive with New Heaven, try to stay at their Baan Talay accomodation, the perfect place to end the day and spend the night!

Thank you Yannick for encouraging others to enjoy and also to PROTECT the oceans. I hope at New Heaven we train our students not only to enjoy the sea but to also know that the responsibility lies with each and everyone one of use to do what we can to live sustainably, Thank you for support us.

Reviewed January 30, 2013

I had a great time diving at New Heaven dive School. First of all when I just arrived and wrote myself in for the Open water, I could start the day after. Great that there was no waiting list. Adnan recomended me staying at the Bhora Bhora resort just in front, which turned out as a great advice: I loved the place!

The dive school has a great atmosphere; very relaxed, warm and open people, a place to hang around even after the diving. They don't start too early in the morning witch fits well to the 'holiday' feeling. The instructors and DM (Manu, Adnan and Nick) I've had were very professional and motivated, explaining the theory well, no question was to much. On the other hand focus on 'learning by doing', and just experiencing the fun of diving (and learning) and the magic world of the sea. I appreciate a lot that they have the marine conservation project, and explain their student the basics on how to take care of the sea. All together I decided to do my advanced and some fun dives as well, staying longer than planned before!

Furthermore I loved the Yoga classes by Devrim. They combine very well with the diving because of getting closer to yourself the breathing excercises, and i experienced them as very enriching.

Thanks a lot! I had a great time at Koh Tao, also thanks to the people from new heaven!

Mara, thank you for your wonderful comments, i am so happy you found the same experience in the sea we all have here at New Heaven. The colours and amazing creatures inspire us to go deeper into our own nature to experience the oneness that is all of life. I hope you can come back again to visit us maybe for a dive master course ?

Reviewed January 24, 2013

We took our PADI open water course with New Heaven at the start of January, and had an amazing time. We met our instructor Adnan the day we arrived on the Island and he gave us our first bit of “homework” in preparation for the course that started the next day. Everyone at the dive school was very friendly and the place had a nice relaxed atmosphere. One thing we really liked about the dive school was their commitment to marine conservation………..proof of this is in the sea turtles which they are currently preparing to be released back into the sea!!

The course itself was great. It was just the 2 of us and we could not have asked for a better instructor than Adnan. He was extremely patient and allowed us to work through the course at our own pace. Amy was very nervous about taking the course but Adnan was great with her. We both felt extremely safe with Adnan in the water with us too, and he spent plenty of time pointing things out during the dive as well. We could not have asked for a better instructor and he made the experience all the more enjoyable for both us.

Before we travelled we done plenty of research to help us find the right dive school for us. The main things we were looking for in a dive school was that groups would be small, the dive centre would have a personal feel too it (not a centre where the aim is to get as many people as possible through as quickly as possible) and a centre who would be patient with nervous divers. I am pleased to say that we got everything we wanted from New Heaven Dive School. As mentioned, it was just the 2 of us with the instructor throughout the course, whilst on the boat I do not recall ever seeing more than 3 people with any given instructor, and Adnan was extremely patient when we were unsure about things.

Overall I could not have asked for a better dive school than New Heaven, and would recommend them to anyone that wanted to learn to dive on Koh Tao.

A massive thanks to Dev (owner), Adnan (our instructor) and everyone else that we met either in the dive school or on the boat!

Amy & Steve

1  Thank Steve1758
newheavendiveschool, Owner at New Heaven Dive School, responded to this reviewResponded January 28, 2013

Thanks again steve and Amy for your reviews, it very good to hear that our customers not only enjoy there experience with us but also understand that we try our best to give quality courses and to protect the marine environment that we take you out to see. i hope that you continue to dive and take the message of marine conservation with you on your next diving holidays, all the best and hope to see you on koh tao again soon.

Reviewed January 10, 2013

very friendly staff, highly motivated DM and DMT (Nick, Ania, Flo)

they managed to show me a whale shark on my 3rd dive alrady. very nice for fun divers.

Thank you very much!

Michael

1  Thank Michael P
newheavendiveschool, Owner at New Heaven Dive School, responded to this reviewResponded January 12, 2013

Thank you Michael for your review, seeing a massive animal in the wild like the whale shark is special so i am happy your shared that with us, enjoy your future dives and we hope to seeing you again on koh tao one day, maybe next time you could join us on a marine conservation dive ?