“Always nice to surprise oneself...”

Flying Trapeze with Goodtime Adventures
More attraction details
Owner description: Learn to fly in Paradise! You'll be amazed by what you can achieve in just a short time with us. No previous experience is necessary, and with the right timing most beginner 'flyers' are able to make a mid-air catch in just one lesson. Full safety equipment and instruction is provided by our professional team of 3 staff, and we cater for almost all abilities and ages - from 6 to 76 so far! Whether you're taking a 'try fly' at one of our 90minute lessons, or signing up for one of our fun-filled three, five or ten day packages, our crew of instructors and 'catchers' will build up your knowledge and skills step by step, allowing you to progress at your own pace. You'll learn positions and tricks on our ground level practice bar, and see aerial demo's from one of our team before you have a go at mastering the timing in mid-air yourself. You'll find yourself pulling off a back flip dismount on your first attempt, and at the end of your session you can go for a mid-air catch - 70% of our students manage it in just one lesson! So what are you waiting for? Roll up, roll up, and join the Koh Tao circus!
Ko Pha Ngan, Thailand
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Always nice to surprise oneself...”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 12, 2013

I was convinced it just wasn't going to happen, there's no way I could do that. Then suddenly, it seemed as though I had! Bloody brilliant! Always nice to surprise oneself, and with teachers like Gemma, I don't doubt that all of you could too.

Visited February 2013

Oxford, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great fun! one of the highlights of our trip”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 24, 2013

We dropped in to see what was going on, watched a class with no intention of trying, couldn't resist after seeing how much fun the people taking the class were having so had to have a go. We we on our trip for 15 months, and this was one of the best few hours of the whole trip, I would reconmend this to anyone. We tried to go back to Koh Tao from the other islands for one night just to do it again but unfortunately ran out of money. Gemma and her team are great fun and great teachers. the Sunday shows are great fun, cheap drinks, good music, great people. what else could you ask for.

common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Not youor average bar.....”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 14, 2013

My mate moved over to Koh Tao to be a dive instructor. Over the New Years period my partner and I went on a holiday to visit him. He had become one of the 'demo squad' at Trapeze bar. First night we went down to check it out with him where we were introduced to Gemma, who runs it. By the time we left we had spent a fair chunk of our time either having a drink down at the bar and watching the amazing show the staff put on or having a turn on the trapeze. Its right on the main road of Sairee beach (close to all the restaurants and bars) and its a bar that has a little more than your average DJ set for entertainment. This place is the perfect bar to start your night off and either get a show or try something most people have never even considered before let alone doing it. The staff there are awesome and make you feel right at home. Big thanks to Gemma, Lee, Cam, Saul and the rest of the crew. This is seriously a MUST DO when heading over to Thailand. Will see all you guys sooner than you know. Don't get this sort of entertainment in New Zealand.

Visited January 2013
Sant Antoni de Portmany, Spain
57 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 77 helpful votes
“An excellent change of scene from diving and the like”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 28, 2012

I popped along on a whim to see what the fuss was about. I didnt have any intention (that night) of participating, but I was just going along to see what was what as it had always intrigued me.

they have a bar (cheap too) and access to food from the restaurant next door (good standard) and as long as you buy a drink they will mark your hand and you get to have a go on the trapeze for free at the end of the demonstration. I didn't go for it myself, but I loved watching everyone else have a go. Their faces when they made a catch was worth going along for. Next time I'll get up and have a go for sure, but for the price of a drink, this is definitely worth going to see and take part in and certainly beats just yet another night drinking in the same old bars and doing the same old things...

Ko Samui, Thailand
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Really good fun - but...”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 16, 2012

For the money one pay maybe should have one hour to try the whole time and not share with 3-4 other people. I mean 1000 bahts for maybe effectively 20-25 minute trying to fly is a bit expensive.