“Love it”

Koh Tao Divers
Ranked #18 of 102 Tours in Koh Tao
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Koh Tao Divers was established more than 27 years ago as the first dive center on Koh Tao. Today as a modern but still small dive center, we think that diving is a way to explore the underwater world and not a group sport. Our experienced and professional dive team will teach you all there is in diving and take you to dive sites you choose, in small groups and with a personal touch. What ever it is that does it for you in this tropical paradise, we've got it, and it all comes with a smile. Languages available: English, Finnish, Danish, Thai, Italian and many more on request. We offer courses from absolute beginner all the way to the most advanced forms of technical diving as well as professional courses for divers looking to have a career in diving.
Reviewed April 17, 2013

Best scuba school in Koh Tao!! People in there is so kind and helpful. Teachers are young and they give you best instruction what you can get.

1  Thank SeijaS237

Reviewed April 17, 2013

Dived with Koh Tao Divers on the 13th of April. Did 6 dives. My buddy did a Nitrox course as well. Excellent dive center. What we like was the personalized attention to our diving. KTD does small groups and that's what we like!

Ivan Karadzic managed our initial reservations and arrangements before our arrival with pinpoint precision. He also led us on our 1st day dives there. For those of you who want to improve your diving skills to the next level and thus make diving more enjoyable.... you need to dive with Ivan. He is truly passionate about diving and has a wealth of knowledge to share with you! He corrected my equipment setup that I have been so used to diving with and it really improved my dives. He is there to help and make your dives better! For those who are interested with tech diving......this is the person you need to speak to.

The other dives on the subsequent days were led by Ante (hope you feeling better.......one sure way to stay warm is to have spicy tum yam soup everyday!) and Jimmy. Both dive masters are very professional and constantly communicating with us above and underwater. Based on my experience, it is not always that we get dive guides that brief and rebrief and debrief their guests before, during and after the dives. I for one find that this is the most important part of scuba diving.....communication!

Jenni, we didn't forget you! Rain or shine, expect a big bright smile from Jenni. She is in charge of the diving schedule, arrangements and billing. She managed all our arrangements without a glitch!

Overall what I like is the personalized service, small groups, passionate divers, safety and most importantly the fun when you dive with the gang from Koh Tao Divers!

Keep up the excellent work!

Tip - make sure you stay at In Touch Resort, which is next door to KTD. As KTD is located at the end of Sairee Beach, it is very quite and not as crowded and noisy. 10 sec walk to KTD!

1  Thank ZeagleBoy
Reviewed April 4, 2013

Koh Tao Divers focuses on delivering professional, personal and tailor-made experiences to its customers and the dive instructors are really friendly and genuine who want to ensure diving is both safe and fun.

Being advanced open water divers, we wanted to do a few fun dives but I had another agenda which was to propose to my girlfriend underwater. I contacted KTD 3 months ago and they were more than happy to help out. They got in touch with Fat Fish Movies - an underwater videographer to film the event and arranged for a bouquet of roses to bring underwater. Ivan Karadzic, one of the dive instructors, was assigned to take care of us and he helped plan the logistics and distract my girlfriend, to make sure the proposal is a success. And sure it was! We are now happily engaged!

More than that, Ivan was so friendly and passionate in his diving, telling us his stories and experiences...on the boat and over countless beers and lunches. We are so happy to have met a new friend who was part of this special moment in our lives!

2  Thank AndrewNg1982
Reviewed March 29, 2013

When it comes to diving, for me the overall experience counts. While most diving centers on both coasts of Thailand offered all I needed to get through the diving day, KTD has had that extra touch to it, making it feel from the first day on that you're diving with a bunch of new friends rather than just being another name on the daily roster. So it's relaxed, mixed with interesting personalities all around, but at the same time professional with top notch instructors and guides. I've done all my training here since groups are small and you truly get individual attention. No matter where else in Asia I've been to, still have been coming back for four consecutive years now.

2  Thank tseppl
Reviewed March 25, 2013

Booked thru Internet & the response was quick & helpful from Ivan. Originally we planned for 2 days dive but we couldn't get the ferry tickets from Koh Samui & back of when we wanted.....so tip for you all reading this, buy ticket way in advance if you don't want to spoil your trip! We emailed to Ivan for the changes at the very last minute but they still managed to accommodate this which was lovely. Our DM Gemma was really sweet, helpful & most importantly, professional, she did a fantastic job above & under water! We had 2 great dives at the twins & white rock and photographed taken all at the very last minute arrangement owing to the unexpected ferry incident. The only comment we have is the mask & the snorkel were a bit filthy....I guess the business is either very good or they have overlooked these details. Apart from this, thumbs up!

2  Thank Paul T