Pinnacle Koh Tao Resort(Koh Tao)(Great Value!)
$70
$46
Trip.com
$86
$53
$154
$142
Agoda.com
In Touch Resort & Restaurant(Koh Tao)(Great Value!)
$56
$24
$128
$115
  • Breakfast included
$248
$80
Trip.com
Ameenjeerah Koh Tao(Koh Tao)(Great Value!)
$92
$71
Haadtien Beach Resort(Koh Tao)
$239
$200
$160
$142
  • Breakfast included
Ban's Diving Resort(Koh Tao)(Great Value!)
$38
$33
  • Pool
  • Beachfront
Savings alert! 11% below average rates

The price you found is 11% lower than this hotel's average rate of $37/night.

All reviewstanote bayeco cottagesshared bathroomtaxi serviceno air conditioningthe hotel offerslovely poolbreakfast was includedscuba divingrent a scooterbeach barbeach frontfanbahtislandpierbungalow
Reviewed August 28, 2017 via mobile

I did my open water diver (PADI) in the dive school associated with the hotel. It was a really nice experience. If you stay in the hotel you pay 8300 baht. Teaching is in small groups, I just had a teacher for my own. Diving in the bay is really nice on the last two dives we drove a little away to two other beautiful locations (boat dives).
It was a great course nothing to be negative about.

Stayed: August 2017, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Georg H
Reviewed August 27, 2017

I spent 4 nights at Montalay resort, staying in one of the wooden beach huts. Took a PADI Open Water diving course with instructor Robert Coltrane, who was a very relaxed and responsable teacher, also for kids. He gave us all the time we needed to familiarize ourselves with the equipment and techniques and made sure that we were always safe and comfortable. Also took a guided dive with instructor Jane Mortensen who was very nice, attentive and professional and showed us the beautiful sea life around the bay.

Contrary to what I see many people write in reviews I found the staff very friendly and helpful. Perhaps it depends on the season and how crowded it is, I was there in May and it wasn't very busy.

The food in the restaurant is very good, especially the chicken satay is amazing. Indeed it is custom in Thailand that everybody just gets their food whenever it is ready, so some people will alreayd be finished eating while others are still waiting for their dish. If this annoys you you can ask the waiter beforehand to bring all the food at the same time which is usually not a problem.

All in all a very nice and relaxed stay, I would be looking forward to go back here.

• Stayed: May 2017, traveled solo
Reviewed August 24, 2017 via mobile

The accommodation is very good, nice clean rooms, good facilities.The bay is stunning and perfect for snorkeling and diving.
There is a diving school at the resort where we got our PADI open water. I did not plan on going for diving beforehand, but we decided to give it a go and it was really amazing! It was a very relaxed way to get the course, no big groups( when we were there) and very professional teachers. They have there own boat , so we went all over the island , during the course and after for some fun dives, because we couldn't stop the fun! Really recommend this place for diving and the resort!

Stayed: May 2017, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 21, 2017

We stayed at the Montalay resort for 10 days and was positively surprised by the accomodation! Staff was friendly and helpful.

The diving center was great. I took the PADI open water course for 2-3 days and after that I could go diving at great locations. The lessons were very clear so getting my final PADI certification was fairly easy.

Breakfast (buffet) was also very nice and the food in general was very good. The resort offers the possiblity to take a taxi to visit other places on the island, but I recommend renting a scooter (so you can go whenever you want).

Will definitely visit again!

Room Tip: Cottages are closer to the beach than the hotelrooms.
  • Stayed: July 2017, traveled with family
1  Thank Leys_Ken
Reviewed August 20, 2017 via mobile

Not sure why this has got bad reviews recently. Firstly it's the best food we've had in Thailand so far and reasonably priced. Plenty of helpful courteous staff. Cheap to get laundry done by the kilo which is useful when travelling As a family of 5! The snorkelling is EXCELLENT and really safe for kids as long as they are good swimmers. It's a beautiful relaxed place but dont come if looking for nightlife as service closes at 9pm. Which is fine by us.

Stayed: August 2017, traveled with family