Pinnacle Koh Tao Resort(Koh Tao)(Great Value!)
$55
  • Breakfast included
$157
$142
Agoda.com
In Touch Resort & Restaurant(Koh Tao)(Great Value!)
$48
$21
$112
$101
  • Breakfast included
Ban's Diving Resort(Koh Tao)(Great Value!)
$35
$33
  • Pool
  • Beachfront
$101
$66
Trip.com
Savings alert! 11% below average rates

The price you found is 11% lower than this hotel's average rate of $74/night.

Haadtien Beach Resort(Koh Tao)
$143
$123
Priceline
All reviewstanote bayeco cottagesshared bathroomtaxi serviceno air conditioningthe hotel offerslovely poolbreakfast was includedscuba divingbeach barbeach frontfanbahtislandpierbungalowtaxis
Reviewed August 26, 2012

Staff very friendly
Great location on Tanote Bay
Good dive centre but dives grossly overbooked so going to Sail Rock nearly 40 people on a boat which comfortably holds 12-15.
Food acceptable, breakfast fairly boring and cold. Best food locally at Mountain View Resort - great barbecue and knocks spots off food at Montalay
Room and resort spotlessly clean
Stayed in a bungalow which is small and had nowhere to sit until we asked for a table and chairs for the balcony. Bed comfortable but nothing else other than TV in room
I would say reasonable value for money

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled solo
4  Thank respiratorytraveller
Reviewed August 19, 2012

We stayed five nights at montalay. We had booked late, but I didn't think we would have to move to four different rooms during our stay. Usually you would think they find a solution, but not here. The huts are ok, but stuffy and buggy. We had a really hospital gecko sharing the first one with us, but they are very small, so don't expect legroom. The way to the huts is a little dark at night.
The rooms in the bigger building are modern, much cleaner and quite nice. The breakfast buffet is ok, nothing special and no big selection but it fills and you will find something.
There are almost no sun beds around the pool, but you can lay on the beach right in front. the Internet connection is patchy and slow, but it seems to be that way on the whole island.
The staff is helpfully and there was always at least one who could speak decent English.
So overall decent place to stay, but don't expect luxury.

Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Sina T
Reviewed August 19, 2012 via mobile

We spent 3 days at this hotel where we enjoyed the beach and snorkeling but were disappointed by the service. Main pros and cons:

Pros
-Fantastic to do snorkeling. It is the best snorkeling we had in koh tao by far
-Good diving center with Ben that is very friendly and helpful
- Clean and well presented rooms
- beach nearly private

Cons
- road to get to pier is terrible. It can be difficult even with a scooter. Count 20 mns to the pier

- service is so so. Staff do their job but do not expect any proactivity

- the engine boat for diving is switch on the whole day which create unnecessary noise in the beach

• Stayed: August 2012
3  Thank Neutrinox007
Reviewed August 17, 2012

The bedroom was tastefully furnished. Clean and neat. The staff were accomodating and very friendly. The pool area was lovely. It is a great location for family with children. The coral beach with its snorkeling was a great treat.

We found it a little noisy with the children, and a walk along the beach led us to Mountain Reef Resort. A delightful, relaxing eating area, where you could lounge on cushions, read, and at the same time be treated to really good Thai cuisine. Music was layed back, island style. A very romantic spot.

We had wonderful Thai massages at Montalay by a very professional therapist.
A delightful stay!

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Andre D
Reviewed August 8, 2012

I chose Montalay Beach Resort at the last minute, and they were very accommodating. I went primarily for a diving course and also to relax and Tanote Bay is the perfect place for both.

Location: the location is quite isolated, but luckily they pick you up at the ferry for free which makes things easier and got me chatting to a nice couple in the same jeep. The bay is beautiful, sunny and the sand is clean and relatively fine. The first night I went wading and thought the water was very rocky but in daylight the next day I realists it was not rock but coral and there is a beautiful coral garden literally 1 meter out from the beach, perfect for snorkelling. I saw blacktip reef sharks, all manner of fish and anemones. Please be careful though, it is sharp and coral is not for standing on: I saw so many people stepping on it on purpose and probably destroying life left right and centre.

Accommodation: I was originally in the Economy cottage which was 2000 bht per night, which was a lot for a very very small room without private bathroom, although very clean and pleasant. After one night I asked to switch to the triple cottage which was bigger, with a private bathroom and with diving reduction was the same price as the smaller one. They switched me very quickly and were very helpful. The food in the restaurant is a bit limited but there are other resorts along the beach with nicer food and fish BBQs etc which are a couple of minutes walk away.

Service: the staff were great and Id who answered all my emails has great English and did everything she could to accommodate me.

Diving. I loved me course and John, the English instructor was a gem. very level-headed, patient and fun; a really good teacher. The dive sites were
Great (to my inexpert eye at least), lots of biodiversity, and I happily went from nothing to advanced open water in 5 days, although it was tiring. Would highly recommend it for this reason.

Stayed: July 2012, traveled solo