“Paradise found”

In Touch Resort & Restaurant
Ranked #17 of 50 Hotels in Koh Tao
Reviewed February 7, 2014

Loved it here. The resort sits on the quiet south end of Sairee beach, walkable both to the main town and Mae head.

The rooms are clean and classy and quite a good value.

Western breakfast items weren't great, but their Thai food was EXCELLENT. Seriously, the best pad Thai, green curry and spring rolls of our entire 3 weeks in Thailand were all found here at this resort!

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank CinnamonBun

Reviewed February 4, 2014 via mobile

I've stayed for 3 nights in In Touch resort with my boyfriend. We had a lovely stay there. Although there are constructions going, we knew that by the reviews before we booked, it is not that annoying. We booked one extra night, and we'd book more if the rooms weren't full. It's very good located, nearby the center of sairee, the place to be for travellers. But still you are far away from the noise to have a good sleep. The restaurant has very good thai food and also a friendly staff.

Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
3  Thank 22Jo89
Reviewed January 30, 2014

The Bungalow is in maintenance, so it did not look so good. The bathroomdoor was not so high. It was like 1.75m. I bumped my head 3 times when I tried to enter, just because I had to remember again that the door was not high enough. I asked the lady at the reception if they have an iron. She looked at me like I asked a stupid question. She even did not answer me. I had to ask her again and than she said screaming with a dirty face "NO". I thought, what the hell is going on?

One day later, I went to the reception again, to ask for the Wifi code. She said: "It is the same as yesterday". I said to her that I did not get any Wificode yesterday. She said: "I saw you texting on your phone yesterday". I said, texting on my phone doesnt need the internet. It is also non of her business what I was doing on my phone, the only thing I want to know is the Wificode. How hard can it be to just give it? She screamed at me that I have to go to the restaurant and ask them there.

I went to the restaurant for some breakfast. There were a lot of workers, but still I waited for 30 minutes or more just to get my menu. Nobody gave me the menu so I grabbed it myself from their desk. When I wanted to order some food, the workers don't even try to come to you. You have to go to them. When I called a worker to order food, he was like 20 meters away and he was like "what do you want?". Is that normal in Thailand? To order food when the worker is 20 meters away from you? He did not try to come to the table and ask you there. It was so rude. Later on, when I wanted to pay the bill, they also dont come to the table. You have to go to their desk yourself because the workers are so lazy. I would not go back here. There are a lot more placed on the island where the workers are a lot more nicer.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled solo
14  Thank Zoubeir87
Reviewed January 20, 2014 via mobile

4 nights here in Jan 2014. Lovely rooms , we stopped in the superior delux and for the price you get a lot of space for your money. Only one downside is the showers are very weak. Apart from that it's a 10/10 from us and plan to be back early 2015 for a week here. NB, food is also amazing and well priced too.

Stayed: January 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank Jpdeprivation
Reviewed January 19, 2014

If you want to find a quiet hotel and be close to the restaurants, shops etc. it's place for you. In addition to this it's cheap. The rooms are clean, the meals are tasty, the staff is friendly. The beach is perfect for mums&kids and for snorkelers as well. Really nice place to stay :-)

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank Serhii K
Reviewed January 18, 2014 via mobile

I stayed here for 3 nights and thoroughly enjoyed my stay. I had a superior bungalow and it was clean and tidy. The room had a safe, brilliant aircon and a double bed that was huge and extremely comfy. It was literally less than a minute walk to the beach from my bungalow. The restaurant is absolutely lovely with good priced food and drink, cushions to sit on and free WiFi. The location is really good, 5 minutes by taxi from the pier and at the end of Sairee beach so all of the bars and restaurants are easy to walk to. The only downside is that they are doing building in the resort but this was not an issue for me as I spent the day on the beach or on day trips. I would highly recommend turtle welcome tours snorkelling trip - great day out! Koh Tao is a beautiful island and I would definitely stay at In Touch again.

• Stayed: January 2014
1  Thank DanniMo22
Reviewed January 14, 2014 via mobile

Stayed here for 4 days and would definitely recommend it. Only a Short drive to pier and on a really good location at one end of the beach so is quiet and clean. Stayed in the hotel block rather than beach bungalow and the room was decent. Cheap but cheerful as it was spacious an clean with a good shower and aircon worked well, not much more you can ask for in koh Tao especially for the money. The restaurant / bar is also decent , nice terrace on the beach and with good but reasonable food and drink. Would stay here again no problems
Only slight downside is they are building a new block on the resort but didn't really bother us and looks nearly done anyway.
Hire a moped in koh Tao. Best way to get around

Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple