“Really nice place with very friendly management”

In Touch Resort & Restaurant
Ranked #17 of 49 Hotels in Koh Tao
Manchester, England, United Kingdom
“Really nice place with very friendly management”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 16, 2012

This hotel has got really good villa style bungalows for a good price. We paid 800baht for a fan room and weren't disappointed, especially as most of the places on the island were fully booked as we went straight after full moon. In touch was located at the end of Sabaii Beach right next to everything but still seemed quiet and chilled out. The owner was lovely and would definitely book this place in advance if visiting Koh Tao again. Loved it!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank Natalie T
SuchanaT T, Front Office Manager at In Touch Resort & Restaurant, responded to this review, September 6, 2012
Thank you very much for your kind words.
It makes us very happy when people enjoy their stay with us.
Kind Regards

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (43)
  • Finnish first
  • Polish first
Murcia, Spain
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 6, 2012

Don't go.The place has nothing special. Nothing. This island is plenty of much more beautiful places. and of course more professional. We had a bad experience. We made a booking a day in advanced. The manager wrote me back saying that I had to pay half of the stay by pay pal. So we did adding a note saying that we needed a double bed as we are a couple, as we singned in the first mail. Our welcome was cold. I said to that lady that I had asked for a double bed she said that in may email didn,t say so. And he said she didn,t read the note on pay pal. And this is Impossible as she did recieved the payment. Impossible. She inmediately offered me a refund Why? Because in that very moment came someone asking for a free room. Inmediately in front of me she said to that gay that she had it (our room, of course). She just wanted to fullfill the place. No care for the customers.The worst thing was about to happen: she took a ten per cent of our booking (200 baths) because she said that pay pal took 4% of the booking from her. So as she took 200 baths she didn,t lose her 80 baths and she got 120 baths for nothing from us, and she inmediately got a new customer. This is stealing. Money, money money is all I felt in that average place. Don,t go.

Room Tip: No rooms are worth
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
9 Thank Alberto_S187518
SuchanaT T, Front Office Manager at In Touch Resort & Restaurant, responded to this review, August 21, 2012
As a western manager i am very aware of the power of the Internet and even have a Trip Adviser sign in reception to remind people they can write about us. Everyday I give my all to make sure that the customers staying with us have a pleasant stay and afterwards write a review about us. This is my first bad review in 8 years so in a way it gives me pleasure to answer this review as if I had been given chance I maybe could have explained to the customers involved.

The day this review is referring to was the 6th August, 4 days after the 2nd busiest full moon party of the year. After the full moon held in Koh Phanghan most of the travelers move to Koh Tao. Koh Tao is much smaller than Koh Phanghan and this causes problems every August that it's very difficult for people to even find accommodation.

InTouch Resort had been full for 3 days before the incident. And I had decided to stop all bookings as people who were meant to leave could not, whether this was because the boats were full or they could not get their next choice of place to stay.

I sent a friendly mail out to inform all people wishing to book of this case. But when I opened the mail from the customer writing this review of InTouch the day before they wished to arrive, I had one available slot in between two other internet reservations so i decided to acknowledge their booking that had no note on their mail for a double bed, although they did state they did not mind either choices of rooms. If they had stated double bed at this time i would not of acknowledge their booking.

To confirm a booking with us we require a 50% deposit to be paid Via Pay Pal which is pretty standard on the island as credit card facilities are not easy to obtain on the island. Pay Pal charges 4 % to businesses for this service so when we calculate internet rates we include these charges in the rate. So i sent the request for Pay Pal deposit to the customer.

When the customer then paid the Pay Pal on the receipt they included the note for a double bed and instantly I realised I had no time to inform the customer so decided to keep the room as it was the last in our resort and the neighboring resorts were also full.

When the customer arrived I was personally dealing with another customer so my staff showed them to the room. This was when the problem started. The customer came back and very rude started to accuse me of not reading his mail and also not stopping to listen to the situation. I could see he was very upset at this time and could cause a problem so I offered straight way to give him a refund. Unfortunately I could see that this was like admitting I was wrong and this fired him up to be angrier.

So I proceeded to make his refund. We refunded 2000 thb to him which is what we got from his booking after pay pal took their fee from us and also the same price as I would resell the room at walk in rates. This is where I can back up my information that this email is a pure vindictive behavior to damage a business reputation. At no time did I take 10 %. The figures below are copied and pasted from my pay pal statement:

AMOUNT RECEIVED: 2,100 THB
FEE AMOUNT: 92.90 THB
NET AMOUNT: 2,007.10 THB

I have one final thing to say in this: Why did the girlfriend proceed to say sorry sorry sorry whilst the boyfriend went to get the bags out the room?
Chumphon, Thailand
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 2, 2012

Great resort. Right at the end of Sairee, the main beach on Koh Tao. Big bungalows with air con. and a large bathroom with hot shower for 1000 baht .They also have big, individual, fan bugalows for 500 and luxurious appartment rooms for 1500. Each room has a wall safe which adds a sense of security and there is plenty of space in the grounds so you don't have to listen to the people nextdoor. The restaurant is right on the beach, facing due west for perfect sunsets and the resort is perfectly located almost exactly half-way walking time from the two main villages on the island. Checkout is generous at midday and the staff are very friendly. I've known about this place for years but never thought to stop. Management of the resort has recently been handed to british Keri who does a great job. She's been around for a number of years, can help with any local matters and is adored by all who know her. I decided to give them a try because i knew Keri from before and i'm very glad i did. In touch has now now become my home away from home when i'm on the island and i cannot recommend it strongly enough.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank ivor_roberts
Walsall, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 26, 2012

although Koh Tao is changing In Touch remains a piece of paradise.
the decking area overlooking the beach and the staff make this a place to stay.
you want to chill then this is the place.
our 4th visit and we are never dissappointed.
in the words of Arnie 'we will be back'

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
4 Thank grumpyoldmanWalsall
Kyiv
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 23, 2012

At first we were little disappointed with the territory of the hotel. Construction seems to be not complete, but no noises were noted during our week stay which is good. rooms (we stayed in concrete room of main building) are great- modern and clean. Location is also nice, close to night life but still quite, 2 minutes to the beach. Restoraunt is one of the best on sairee- tasty food and very nice staff. We've been to many hotels on sairee and in touch was the best value for money.

• Stayed July 2012
2 Thank OliviaKapatia
SuchanaT T, Front Office Manager at In Touch Resort & Restaurant, responded to this review, July 24, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to do a write up for us. I can tell you the kitchen staff very much appreciated the review when i read it out to them.
Kind Regards
Frankfurt, Germany
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 12, 2012

we had a great time since the room was compared to the other standards you get in this price range amazing. Having this said i hope the very friendly owner stays in this price range since we will be back soon :-)
You can tell very quickly if a place is being managed by somone who is used to different standards. Since I think manpower is quite cheap in thailand it is really not only the design of the architecure that matters it is rather the person who keeps the place running and which standards this person requests from the mancraft.
A lot of places look alike in thailand in a certain price range this one is another level.
We had a great time thank you so much.

Best regards from germany!!!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank m s
SuchanaT T, Booking Team at In Touch Resort & Restaurant, responded to this review, July 23, 2012
Thank you for your review...we hope to see you again in the future.
Phuket, Thailand
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 2, 2012

Wonderful accomidation, beautiful beaches with great snorkeling, very friendly and helpful staff, great food and restaraunt,- All round a terrific place to stay, absolutely loved In Touch Resort on Koh Tao!!!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends