“100% recommended!”
Review of Coral Grand Divers

Coral Grand Divers
Ranked #30 of 93 Tours in Koh Tao
More attraction details
Owner description: At Coral Grand Divers we don't only teach diving - we make it an experience of a lifetime! With a lot of patience and passion our instructors teach you everything you need to know to stay safe and enjoy being underwater to the fullest. The dive centre is located on the beachfront of Coral Grand Resort. The academic sessions are being held right next to the beach and for our confined water session we have a special pool specifically built for diving. Also on the premises are our beachfront restaurant and beach bar - the best spot to enjoy the sunset on Koh Tao. Coral Grand Divers Koh Tao is an award-winning PADI 5 Star IDC Resort. To qualify for this rating a dive shop must meet elevated service and business standards. Our main priorities when it comes to scuba diving are safety and enjoyment. Our staff is multi-lingual, highly trained and we pride ourselves on an exceptional level of customer service.
Useful Information: Bathroom facilities, Activities for young children, Lockers / storage, Activities for older children, Food available for purchase
Kuching, Malaysia
“100% recommended!”
Reviewed July 8, 2012

There are so many dive operators to choose from when visiting Koh Tao, which can make a dive-trip there quite daunting! I ended up at Coral Grand where I planned to do my Open Water course... and was so happy with everything that I ended up staying for an extra few days to do my Advanced as well! The instructors are super-professional, the atmosphere is fun & the classes are kept small so you get a lot of personalised attention on your course. I was 100% happy with both my instructors (Will and Dave) and will definitely be heading back to Coral Grand if I get a chance to return to Koh Tao. Oh, and the resort also has a perfect location right on the beach, a lovely swimming pool, a great restaurant... Highly recommended! :)

Visited June 2012

• Korean first
  • Thai first
Cape Town Central, South Africa
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“This is an experience of a lifetime”
Reviewed July 4, 2012

We signed up to do our Padi open water with Coral Grand , and we were exceptionally privileged to have Will North as our instructor . We were made to feel completely relaxed and confident in our abilities underwater , and while he made it a fun experience ,safety and skills training were never compromised . If anyone is thinking about diving and even slightly apprehensive , then I highly recommend Will as your instructor for his calm thorough manner . We will be returning to do the advanced without a doubt THANKS WILL

Bangkok
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“Great dive school”
Reviewed June 11, 2012

We made our open water and our advanced at Coral Grand Dive School. Even the boat was dodgy and we visited the same dive sites over and over again, the quality of the course was outstanding with a fair price and great personal effort by their instructors. They have their own dive pool and teaching quality is high. Definitely a place to go to learn diving

Visited June 2012
homeless
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“some good mixed with some really bad”
Reviewed May 29, 2012

Liked:
good reputation renting a motorbike from them. Easy to rent from them and they were very flexible with the return date - basically keep as long as you want, because they have your passport.
The divemasters are very friendly.
They have a pool.

Bad:
Stayed in the diver's accommodation (private fan room) and there was a rat! I told them several times and they finally gave me a different room, but the price was higher because the new (only available) room had air-con. I felt they should have matched the price.
Two out of four divemasters I had weren't very good. They did things like intentionally stand on the bottom, kick coral (accidentally), and in a few cases they weren't familiar with the dive sites. As an experienced diver, I expect DM's to have great buoyancy control, not to touch anything like coral, etc. and even if they haven't been to a site, they should do more than take a cursory look at a map....they should talk to their co-worker DM's and get the specifics of the site.

I think Coral Grand has potential to be a great dive center, but they need to seriously evaluate the skills, attitude, and competency of a few of their weak-link divemasters,

Visited May 2012
ScubaSandy84, Manager at Coral Grand Divers, responded to this review, January 31, 2015
Thank you very much for taking the time to review us. We appreciate all feedback as it helps us to continuously improve our service. We pride ourselves on an exceptional level of customer service and do our best that every customer leaves with the best memories.

We had most of our rooms recently renovated and have not had any further complaints about rodents in the room. We sincerely apologise for this inconvenience. Depending on the complaint we offer to match the rate in until the same room type is available again. This should have been the case in your situation. If you are planning another trip to Koh Tao please contact me directly at sandy@coralgranddivers.com and we can offer you a special rate for your next stay.

The behaviour you described of our divemasters is unacceptable. There were some changes in the team and all our staff now is highly trained and knowledgeable. We would love if you came back and experience it yourself!

Thank you once again for your valued feedback and we hope to see you back one day.

Best regards,
Sandra Wahrenberger
Frankfurt, Germany
“Great Experience”
Reviewed May 28, 2012

I did my PADI at Coral Grand in Koh Tao in April 2012. The course, the instructors, the dive masters, the boat team and the equiplement were absolutely perfect. I would definitely dive with these guys again! The diving spots close to Koh Tao are brilliant anyway.
The only thing that was ok, rather than great was the accomodation. Some of the rooms you get with your PADI are in bad condition and the resort itsself is really expansive. The management is very inflexible to any kind of negitiation, even when the resort is almost empty, e.g. off-season. Also at about 10pm the bar/restaurant is closed and the whole place is pretty much dead. However, there are many places around to go a night.

Anyways, the dive center is great!

Visited April 2012