“Amazing dive school, great value and great staff.”
Review of New Way Diving

4-Day Open Water Diver PADI Course on Koh Tao
Ranked #20 of 105 Tours in Koh Tao
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Learn to dive in paradise - beautiful waters, colourful marine life, and a beach shop to enjoy the nightly sunsets. Add to this Sail Rock trips every day, sunset & night dives at Chumphon Pinnacle and Southwest Pinnacle, and you have a combination for an incredible location for beginners through to the most experienced divers.
Useful Information: Food available for purchase, Activities for older children, Activities for young children, Bathroom facilities, Lockers / storage
Reviewed August 30, 2016

We spoke to 3 or 4 schools on the island before we found New Way. Joel was so helpful and got me signed up for the Open Water course and my girlfriend on a refresher for the next morning and even took us down the road to get us into some cheap and really nice accommodation.
He made it easy to learn all the skills and was very laid back and friendly which made you feel more comfortable. All the other staff at the school were just as helpful and nice.
The course itself was great value for money as you learn all the basics in the sea rather than a pool so you actually get more dive time.
Joel went above and beyond what we expected and made it fun and easy to learn whilst making sure my girlfriend could come along with us on the boat. We would definitely recommend New Way to anyone who is looking at any diving courses or fun dives on Koh Tao!

Date of experience: August 2016
Write a ReviewReviews (1,154)
All reviews
in 15 reviews
"great dive school"
in 16 reviews

Reviewed August 29, 2016 via mobile

This was my first diving experience and I cant complain about anything. I really can recommend it. Good teacher and small groups.
You'll go directly After your First theoretical lesson into the ocean- no Pool. Three days full of theory and practical dives. And also Good diving place.
Thumps up for this Team!

Reviewed August 29, 2016 via mobile

I have finished PADI Open Water course at New Way Diving a couple of days ago and still feel happiness just thinking about this experience.

From the very beginning, till I first reached them until the end there is no one bad thing I could say about this diving school and people working there.

They replied on my emails fast and with all the necessary details about the course, suggested nice and affordable accommodation and ways to reach Koh Tao which was quite helpful.

The course itself is one of the best experiences so far, just enough theory, lots of practice, no pools, organized, detailed, interesting. I haven't searched a lot, but I believe the price also is one of the lowest on the island.

To end, a couple of words for my instructor, Vlad. He is one of the kindest people I met so far and everything that you want your instructor to be - passionate about his job, helping, patient and overall a great person. Other instructors as well seemed very easy going, but professional. :)

1  Thank Andreja C
Reviewed August 24, 2016

What an amazing experience! So glad I chose New Way out of all the hundred of Scuba Dive Schools. First, before I arrived on Koh Tao I messaged a few schools for some more information and explained my former unpleasant dive experience. Lorne - the manager of New Way - replied immediatley and I was so surprised. I got a really long and detailed reply for all my questions. So I wanted to check out the place and meet the team in person (I did my research before and it said that most important is you should feel comfortable with your dive instructor/school). It's so amazing how they help you out and I just felt comfortable right away, such a cool, funny and young team. They spread a really nice atmosphere. After going through all the explanation I booked my DSD (Discovery Scuba Dive). The best thing: Because I was a bit afraid due to my bad scuba dive experience, I went diving one-to-one with the German instructor so he can just focus on me and calm me down. No extra costs involved of course! Other groups were also really small. Between 2 and 4 people. It was soooo amazing! My instructor took such good care of me and explained everything so well and just took my entire nerviosity and turned it into excitement. Seriously, in my opinion New Way has the best value for your money on the island and they care about their customers, not like in the big Dive Schools were you are often "just another customer". I truely enjoyed my day!