“Best scuba ever ”

4-Day Open Water Diver PADI Course on Koh Tao
Ranked #20 of 105 Tours in Koh Tao
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Learn to dive in paradise - beautiful waters, colourful marine life, and a beach shop to enjoy the nightly sunsets. Add to this Sail Rock trips every day, sunset & night dives at Chumphon Pinnacle and Southwest Pinnacle, and you have a combination for an incredible location for beginners through to the most experienced divers.
Useful Information: Bathroom facilities, Lockers / storage, Activities for young children, Activities for older children, Food available for purchase
Reviewed July 16, 2016 via mobile

Had the most amazing three days doing my open water course with New Way! Such a fun experience. We were a big group of 14 and new way couldn't have been more accommodating!!! All of the instructors are so patient and helpful and the dive sites were unbelievable! Joel was my instructor and I couldn't praise him enough, so helpful and patient when I wasn't getting the skills and the start and always great fun. Fantastic staff and services!!!

Date of experience: July 2016
Write a ReviewReviews (1,154)
All reviews
in 15 reviews
"great dive school"
in 16 reviews

Reviewed July 16, 2016 via mobile

New way dive school is superb. I was part of a group of 14. They were more than hospitable and even sorted our accommodation for us in a new hotel nearby. The atmosphere is very relaxed, and the instructors are very friendly. They put a lot of effort into ensuring that you fully understand the reasoning behind all the 'rules' of scuba diving. If you do your PADI course here you will definitely be the first group to Sail Rock in the morning, ensuring an uninterrupted dive with a high possibility of seeing many different kinds of fish. I would recommend New Way Diving to anyone.

Reviewed July 16, 2016 via mobile

Doing my refresher course for my PADI open water licence was amazing. I came with a large group of people and most of who had never gone diving before and we were dealt with so well and they even sorted all of our accommodation for us too in a very nice hostel. Great overall diving experience and a great fun atmosphere between students and staff. Highly recommended if you're in Koh Tao and looking to do the full divers course or even just a once off dive.
Team Peaky Blinders

1  Thank TrailBlazer657748
Reviewed July 16, 2016 via mobile

Everything about this place is amazing. From the dive masters to all the accommodations they provide. If you're in koh Tao and have free time please try this place out!

1  Thank Sovi T
See more reviews
Reviewed July 16, 2016

New Way Diving is the best! I wanted a scuba school to do my PADI Open Water certification and I was looking for a) all dives in the ocean (not a pool) b) small groups c) fun, experienced professional instructors d) amazing dive sites and e) a personalized touch. New Way was the school that had it all! Other schools will offer similar packages, but New Way treats each student with great care, making sure you have a fantastic, safe experience. From the very initial email response, I knew this was the right pick. The Manager, Lorne, was personable and very helpful with advising on logistics - unlike all the other template email responses. And the whole time I was there I felt very comfortable in the shop, in the boat, and on the dives. I never felt like just yet another client passing through, all the instructors, staff, and other students had a great friendly vibe and took the time to make sure you have an amazing dive experience. New Way organizes the schedules very well, are efficient and organized with transport and boat set-up, and treats you well - even during busy days. I learned from the fantastic Marianna - she was excellent at explaining lessons and guiding me through exercises, even underwater with no words she communicated totally clearly and I felt very calm and safe the entire time. We went to some amazing dive sites - and for some of the best we were the first boat there and could enjoy it before it got busy. Even for lower visibility days, the instructors knew good spots and interesting sites to point out. I absolutely loved it, love diving, and hope to return to continue my diving learning with New Way!