“The Best Diving Center”

and up
4-Day Open Water Diver PADI Course on Koh Tao
Ranked #20 of 105 Tours in Koh Tao
More attraction details
Owner description: We are the 1st boat diving koh tao's best dive sites every morning, just to avoid the crowds. We offer small groups ( maximum four people) giving you the personalized service you deserve. we offer PADI courses from open water to dive master, and are the only shop on Koh Tao to GUARANTEE Sail Rock 3 times per week.
Reviewed May 23, 2016 via mobile

Shop/Center
- Diving with New Way was a pleasure. The experience starts with the very friendly and cozy Diving Center. All staffs are easy to approach and always ready to help. So attentive and good at hospitality. They made us feel very welcome. This is something you will never get to other diving Center in Koh Tao. All staffs had a lot of knowledge about the sites and detailed safety procedures. They offer different courses, has a shop, classes and area to socialised with other divers which makes them unique and every one feels their part of New Way family. They have loads of different courses they can offer and the good thing was , it's cheap. The courses was from discover scuba diver, open water, advanced open water, EFR, rescue diver, dive master, IDC, PADI specialties, and a lot more. They're offering the courses in many languages. All instructors are great! Competent, confident and able to share all their knowledge to each of their students. Loads of books and video available as part of the package on each courses. Plus the exciting part of the practical diving
- Pretty good equipments. For me equipments is very important so as the service because it's safety related. It's included on the dive prices.
- They also have taxi. Arranging transport from/to pier and to your places of stay
- The manager Lorne is amazing. He helped us finding a place to stay. He gave us the best dive guides each day.
- The prices and packages they offer are great and cheap and you can even get discounts after your 10 dives
- There's a coffee, tea and water on the center
- There's loads of shops and restaurants around the Center
- Have sea sick tablet of you need them, the Center always have it

- Take note:
1. You need to plan your activities. Ask the Center when you want to start diving
2. On registration, they will check all equipments you need, try to tell them what you want so they they accommodate if they can
3. Make sure you pay your dive before or in advance
4. Monitor the next dive you want to join and the time
5. Best female Dive Guide - look for Meggy Rizza
6. Best Male Dive Guide - look for Alex penYa
7. Best diving Instructor - Joel gertmann

About their Boat
- it's not that big but good enough to accommodate 35-40 divers
- Local Staff doesn't speak English which was hard to communicate and understand them. Luckily not much local staff on the boat.
- They always give safety instructions to all divers/trainees prior departure of the boat
- Have their own first aid kit
- Take note: Bring your own bottle of water. They provide a drinking water on the boat but if you are a bit fuzzy, you will find it odd to scoop your drinking water with a cup. Or sometimes, they do provide fizzy drinks on a long trips
- Downside: As there's only two local staff on the boat (captain and one who helps around), it's kind of no one really helping divers to come up of the boat. Not even the staffs of New Way. It's only Alex, Meggy, Rik and Billy that I have seen trying to help others and if they're around. Otherwise the rest are do your own thing attitude. Don't really feel the team work of the local staff and whole New Way staffs.

Our diving activities:
1st day dive(16.05.16)
- we didn't managed to join the morning session, but we managed to join the afternoon session which was 11.30am. I had 15 litres tank but its about 170 bar only when Were on the boat. They managed to rectify this on our next day dives
- We went to Japanese garden/twin rocks and it wasn't that bad nor its not that great either
- We had two dives on here, side to side
- Our dive guide is Alex. Well trained and very relax dive guide. He has a good eyes on small creatures

2nd day dive(17.05.16)
- we woke up at 4.40am to make sure we will be able to catch the 1st dive of the day
- We went to Sail Rock Which is about 1 hours and 45 minutes travel from the shore
- We had two dives here and our dive guide is Henrick. Well experience dive guide
- 1st was ok. We stayed on the shallow part and not deep about 10-15meters, for what reason I don't know. Didn't enjoyed it much but of course as a good diver, you need to follow your dive guide. There was a small chimney that we pass through . I was surprise when the guide told as we are going for 3 minutes safety stop which I still have 80bar on my tank. I Was annoyed.
- 2nd, for what reason - i found it better. We stayed mostly on 19 meters and we saw a lot. Visibility wasn't great but had fun than the first one.

3rd day dive(18.05.16)
- we catch the afternoon dive after having a drink around the area the night before.
- We went to Japanese garden site
- Our dive guide is Alex- one of the best Male dive guide we had.
- 1st dive, slow and relax dive. Seen a lot of creatures. We managed to stay under the water for about 77 minutes. Loads of corals. There was a small and narrow cave.
- 2nd dive, slow but had current and visibility is not that great either. Still a great fun dive

4th day dive(19.05.16)
- We went to chumphon pinnacle/wreck site
- Our dive guide is Meggy. She's one of the best female dive guide we had. She will make sure to give all her best. Very observant with all creatures for us to see. We saw a lot of different creatures. After that dive I felt sea sick and maggie look after me well. Alex also gave me tablet. They both makes me feel comfortable.
- Didn't do the wreck dive due to my sea sick. Instead stayed on the boat and waited for them. And the good thing was, New Way refunded the money back

5th day dive (20.05.16)
- Our dive guide is Alex
- We went to Japanese garden again
- Very quiet relax
- This time, the boat is very quiet. And loads of staffs who help us when we get up of the boAt

6th day dive(21.05.26)
- early morning dive
- Our dive guide is Meggy
- We went first to southwest. It wasn't a great start diving. The current was so strong and visibility wasn't great either. We didn't see much
- our second dive was in whiterock. Loads of blue spotted sting ray, puffs fish and shrimps
- We managed to had a relaxing afternoon and we went back to dive Center go our night dive

Night dive

Descending into the inky darkness of the night to experience the nocturnal underwater world can certainly be a surreal experience. As its our first night dive, and I find it scary. However, Meggy turn our experience fun. diving at night can be one of the most relaxing, sensory dive experiences. We Witnessed the creatures of the night and the different behaviours of animals after dark was a real privilege.

Meggy help us feel safe and relax underwater. She's familiar with the area and know well how to navigate it. One thing I've learned, Go slowly, You really do not need to venture very far on a night dive to experience the dive.

Whilst ensuring that im maintain close buddy contact on our night dive, I had difficulty of giving my buddy a little space due to strong current .

Date of experience: May 2016
Write a ReviewReviews (1,143)
All reviews
in 15 reviews
"great dive school"
in 16 reviews

Reviewed May 19, 2016 via mobile

This is an embarrassingly overdue review; the difficulty in choosing a dive school on Koh Tao is immense, and as Lorne, the manager, will tell you; every school has great instructors and facilities etc. blah blah blah. However it's the atmosphere at New Way that really sets it apart. Incredibly professional yet informal approach to tuition. My instructor Seb, despite the dodgy haircut, was great and inspired me to do my advanced course and keep diving. The highlight was seeing a Bryde's whale at the SW pinnacle - only possible because New Way are always the first boat on the dive sites. Keep it up kids.

Date of experience: February 2016
Reviewed May 19, 2016 via mobile

Diving with New Way was definitely my most treasured memory during my trip to Thailand. I have to say, I was incredibly terrified at the prospect of diving due to my fears of everything sea related and my lack of confidence in the water - however - I was persuaded by my boyfriend to at least give it a try. Thanks to our instructor Seb, I did manage to conquer my fear! He was exceptionally patient, understanding and reassuring and allowed me to go at my own pace. He genuinely made me believe I could complete every task with ease; I really couldn't have cracked it without him. Everyone else in the team was also extremely welcoming and knowledgeable, they're a great diving family to be a part of. I only intended to complete the open water course but stayed on to complete the advanced as the tuition was to such a high standard and at a price that can't be matched anywhere else in the world - definitely take advantage!! We took a fun dive with dive master Alex who also deserves a mention for being awesome. Diving with him was great fun and he made sure we didn't miss a thing, taking care to show us all the creatures we'd otherwise miss in the coral; I felt super safe as part of his group. If you're struggling to choose a school I highly recommend these guys, ive unexpectedly came away with a newfound addiction to a sport I otherwise would have feared.

Reviewed May 16, 2016 via mobile

Just finished my Open Water and Advanced Open Water courses here. Besides the well known good stuff like being the first boat on the dive site and small groups of students, what I liked most about this school is the family-like feeling, when literally everybody on the team is willing to go the extra mile to make your dives more enjoyable! Our instructor was Glen and we honestly couldn't wish for a better person to lead the training - 16 years experience, very down-to-earth attitude, tons of advice, and, important for us since we were a very international group, very easy-to-understand English. Thanks guys and I hope we meet again!