Open today: 8:00 AM - 6:30 PM
  • Easy online booking
  • Lowest price guaranteed
More Information

1,134 results
All reviews sail rock dive master dive shop open water course fun dives these guys made us feel padi certification advanced open water great instructor small group my boyfriend shallow water amazing experience friendly atmosphere whale sharks great dive school
Reviewed May 7, 2016 via mobile

Me and my boyfriend took some dives at this place. I tried dsd with Joel, an amazing instructor! My boyfriend had some fun dives, took deep dive and night dive certificat - it was also really good. The price is one of the best on the Island and equipment and staff where good.
Besides Joel, Meggy is also cool to dive with, we recommend them both!

Reviewed May 6, 2016 via mobile

I did my first dive with Mariana (if you get her as an instructor you are super super lucky) and I did my course with Billy who is great fun and makes the course really enjoyable. (You still owe me a tooth show Billy)
There is a great atmosphere in the shop and all the staff are really helpful.
The night dive is something I really recommend and will remember for a very long time.

Reviewed May 4, 2016 via mobile

We shopped around a lot for the right dive school. I had a bad diving experience previously, so I really wanted to find the right school and was so happy with New Way! Lorne (the manager) was super helpful with everything from accommodation and diving to finding a Internet cafe and good Thai food.
For diving, I had one on one tutoring with Joel- he was awesome, couldn't have asked for better! Really patient, a great diver and made learning so fun and such a great experience. Highly highly recommend!
My boyfriend did his advance open water and a UV night dive. We loved New Way and would highly recommend them to anyone. They are passionate about diving and proper teaching, not just churning out students on a factory level. They are relaxed and laid back, but were still the first boat on the dive site in the morning!
P.s. Would also recommend going to Sail Rock! Early start but so worth it!

Reviewed May 4, 2016 via mobile

I did my open water course here and it was amazing. Everybody in the company is really nice and friendly, so was my diving instructor Patrick, he was a nice an really laid back guy and also really good at what he was doing, all this worked really comforting and gave a lot of confidence for the diving. It's a great school to start diving and I'm sure because they're al so good also for more advanced courses.

Date of experience: April 2016
Reviewed May 3, 2016 via mobile

So I had friends doing their OW years ago on Koh Tao at the very same school and they recommended me to do at the same place. I have to say, I wasn't disappointed.

First to say, I did book the OW by e-mail and I was able to pay the course with paypal and they even covered the transaction fees.

Then since the taxi prices on Koh Tao are super expensive, they will pick you up from the port where the ferry arrives and bring you to the dive shop.

We felt very welcome when we arrived, people and staff are super friendly and cool. Especially Lorne, the manager who is really all about diving. I think if the shop didn't need money to run the shop, he would do it for free. Nonetheless they offer you OW course for 9000 Baht, which I think is about the cheapest you can get on the island. The gear they use is new and well maintained.

Their key sales point is being first at the dive site (there are huge loads of dive schools on Koh Tao, so its a huge point to be the first and only one divers around), and they go to Sail Rock on a regularly basis (which is the best dive site at Koh Tao).
Also in their group courses there will be a maximum of 4 people to ensure best learning experience.
We saw other dive schools where there were 8-10 people in one group and I don't believe that one instructor could handle this or give his attention to every dive student.
New Way Diving also does the OW course with you, even if you are the only one in your group without any extra fees.

Our instructor Olivier (which is a freelancer on Koh Tao, but given all the other instructor had a cold) was very serious about teaching and we never felt unsafe at any given time in the course.

If you don't have an accomodation they will help you find what you need and even get a little discount. (Lorne helpes us out in a lot of ways)

We can warmly recommend this place for diving or just to hang out, as there is free coffee and wifi provided in their lobby.

Date of experience: April 2016