Open today: 8:00 AM - 6:30 PM

from $348.20
from $133.30
from $56.50
1,134 results
All reviews sail rock dive master dive shop open water course fun dives these guys made us feel padi certification advanced open water great instructor small group my boyfriend shallow water amazing experience friendly atmosphere whale sharks great dive school
Reviewed May 4, 2016 via mobile

I did my open water course here and it was amazing. Everybody in the company is really nice and friendly, so was my diving instructor Patrick, he was a nice an really laid back guy and also really good at what he was doing, all this worked really comforting and gave a lot of confidence for the diving. It's a great school to start diving and I'm sure because they're al so good also for more advanced courses.

Reviewed May 3, 2016 via mobile

So I had friends doing their OW years ago on Koh Tao at the very same school and they recommended me to do at the same place. I have to say, I wasn't disappointed.

First to say, I did book the OW by e-mail and I was able to pay the course with paypal and they even covered the transaction fees.

Then since the taxi prices on Koh Tao are super expensive, they will pick you up from the port where the ferry arrives and bring you to the dive shop.

We felt very welcome when we arrived, people and staff are super friendly and cool. Especially Lorne, the manager who is really all about diving. I think if the shop didn't need money to run the shop, he would do it for free. Nonetheless they offer you OW course for 9000 Baht, which I think is about the cheapest you can get on the island. The gear they use is new and well maintained.

Their key sales point is being first at the dive site (there are huge loads of dive schools on Koh Tao, so its a huge point to be the first and only one divers around), and they go to Sail Rock on a regularly basis (which is the best dive site at Koh Tao).
Also in their group courses there will be a maximum of 4 people to ensure best learning experience.
We saw other dive schools where there were 8-10 people in one group and I don't believe that one instructor could handle this or give his attention to every dive student.
New Way Diving also does the OW course with you, even if you are the only one in your group without any extra fees.

Our instructor Olivier (which is a freelancer on Koh Tao, but given all the other instructor had a cold) was very serious about teaching and we never felt unsafe at any given time in the course.

If you don't have an accomodation they will help you find what you need and even get a little discount. (Lorne helpes us out in a lot of ways)

We can warmly recommend this place for diving or just to hang out, as there is free coffee and wifi provided in their lobby.

Reviewed May 3, 2016

Since I knew that Koh Tao was that particularly Island to dive, I decided to make my open water diving licence here. But there are more than 70 dive schools around Koh Tao so which one is to choose?
I got to met Michelle which turns out to work at the "new way" diving school as a office assistent. In addition I did some research on the internet and read about good rated and recomended dive schools. And new way turned up again.
So we visited the place to get to know the team a little bit. Lorne the manager was really nice, taking as much time as we needed to tell us everything about new way dives. At first we were a bit skeptical especially my boyfriend because he wanted a german instructor and at that time they didnt really have one. But he organised a german dive master which could explain every questions we had. In addition we had a great instructor on our side as well, Marianna!! She was the best instructor we could have possibly ask for! Also she was very serious about her job as an instructor and about diving which I loved about her. We always felt comfortable and save with her.
Lorne also did a really great job, he did everything he could to help us out in any way. Even though there was allways a lot people and work to do. Which we really appreciated!
Thanks guys it was a pleasure to meet and dive with you!

Reviewed May 2, 2016

I went to New Way Diving looking for a one day snorkeling trip, but instead Lorne was talked me into Refresher course with Joel, and after all I must say, I has more fun diving then 10 years ago. Joel was very patience and funny, and he also speak Thai fluently, my favorite was when we cracked some eggs under the water. Meggy was also an awesome instructor, I also has lots of fun diving with her, thank you to both for my amazing diving experience.

I highly recommended New Way Diving due to a reasonable price, and friendly atmosphere.

Reviewed May 2, 2016

I had never gone scuba diving before so I was a bit nervous when I first walked into the dive shop. The staff was fantastic at welcoming me and preparing me for my Open Water Course. The Instructors where all incredible and friendly. Especially Ben, who was my Instructor for my Advanced Open Water Course. We had great talks on the boat and he helped me become a more confident diver. I had initially planned to only go diving for 4 days however the great time i had caused me to spend almost 8 days diving with the lovely New Way Diving crew. I have no regrets choosing this company and encourage everyone to do the same.