“Refresher & Fun dive”

4-Day Open Water Diver PADI Course on Koh Tao
Ranked #20 of 105 Tours in Koh Tao
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Learn to dive in paradise - beautiful waters, colourful marine life, and a beach shop to enjoy the nightly sunsets. Add to this Sail Rock trips every day, sunset & night dives at Chumphon Pinnacle and Southwest Pinnacle, and you have a combination for an incredible location for beginners through to the most experienced divers.
Useful Information: Lockers / storage, Activities for young children, Food available for purchase, Activities for older children, Bathroom facilities
Reviewed May 2, 2016

I went to New Way Diving looking for a one day snorkeling trip, but instead Lorne was talked me into Refresher course with Joel, and after all I must say, I has more fun diving then 10 years ago. Joel was very patience and funny, and he also speak Thai fluently, my favorite was when we cracked some eggs under the water. Meggy was also an awesome instructor, I also has lots of fun diving with her, thank you to both for my amazing diving experience.

I highly recommended New Way Diving due to a reasonable price, and friendly atmosphere.

Date of experience: April 2016
Write a ReviewReviews (1,154)
All reviews
in 15 reviews
"great dive school"
in 16 reviews

Reviewed May 2, 2016

I had never gone scuba diving before so I was a bit nervous when I first walked into the dive shop. The staff was fantastic at welcoming me and preparing me for my Open Water Course. The Instructors where all incredible and friendly. Especially Ben, who was my Instructor for my Advanced Open Water Course. We had great talks on the boat and he helped me become a more confident diver. I had initially planned to only go diving for 4 days however the great time i had caused me to spend almost 8 days diving with the lovely New Way Diving crew. I have no regrets choosing this company and encourage everyone to do the same.

Reviewed May 1, 2016 via mobile

Came to Koh Tao to do a week of diving and chose New Way cause of Lorne's way with words and the tripadvisor reviews, and an absolutely flawless week followed! One of the reasons I chose them was the small group size and for my open water course it was only me and Mariana as my instructor, who was amazing for every minute. They were able to do the course in a shorter time span and Mariana made everything we did fun but safe and taught fish identification too!

For my advanced course I continued with Mariana with one other student and we were joined by two dive master trainees Sasha and Yao who only added to the fun. The night dive was brilliant and sail rock was worth every penny to finish the course with.

Overall I couldn't recommend them enough to dive with and intend to go back for some fun dives as soon as possible!

Reviewed April 29, 2016 via mobile

I came to New Way to get a refresher/fun dive and ended up getting my AOW certification. I had a great time diving and learned a lot.

I did my refresher with Sam. It had been a long time, and she had me feeling like I've been doing it all along in no time. She also seems to be the master of fish. There is a little book of the fish that you may see, and I swear she showed me almost all of them! From rays and tons of fish, down to little, tiny cleaner shrimp and prawns that live in the sand. If you want to see all the creatures, go with Sam!

The second part of my visit was less focus on seeing things, as we were practicing skills and such under the water, but Mariana is an amazing instructor and is extremely thorough. Her communication above and below the water is excellent, and she makes sure you do and understand the proper coursework before the dives. If you do your AOW with her, she will bring french fries down to 30m for you! ;)

I definitely recommend this school.

See more reviews
Reviewed April 27, 2016

We had an amazing time with this school. We did our open water with Joel and subsequently our fun dives with Samia, and both were attentive and payed great attention to us,which made us feel very comfortable in the water. There's so many reasons for us to recommend New Way Diving, i.e they don't do the introductory exercises in the pool but start in the ocean :0 , their instructors or DM are really passionate about what their doing, hence you pick up a few tips as your learning, but ultimately they feel like family and its hard to get that kinda chemistry anywhere.

We had such an amazing time with you guys, hope we can be back soon.