“If I could give New Way a higher rating I would!!”
Review of New Way Diving

and up
4-Day Open Water Diver PADI Course on Koh Tao
Ranked #20 of 105 Tours in Koh Tao
More attraction details
Owner description: We are the 1st boat diving koh tao's best dive sites every morning, just to avoid the crowds. We offer small groups ( maximum four people) giving you the personalized service you deserve. we offer PADI courses from open water to dive master, and are the only shop on Koh Tao to GUARANTEE Sail Rock 3 times per week.
Reviewed April 25, 2016 via mobile

I couldn't have hoped for a better first diving experience. Was made to feel at home from the get go, not just by my instructor, but the whole team.

My instructor for my open water course was Joel. He made a real effort getting to know the group and making us feel comfortable. He really knows his stuff about diving which put any nerves I had as a beginner at ease. I knew I could trust him as an instructor before I had even got into the water with him which made the whole learning experience a lot more enjoyable.

After completing my open water I decided to stay on and do my advanced course. Its cheap as it is but with the further 10% off for continuing it would have been hard not to. My instructor for this course was Seb, another great instructor who again knew his stuff and I felt very confident with. You do not have to worry about which instructor you end up with if you dive with New Way because they are all quality instructors. As well as myself, Seb was also very interested in progressing my diving as much as I could over the few days of the course. I would say it is definitely worth doing if you have the time, felt a lot more capable at the end of it.

Couldnt imagine how difficult it would be to learn with a big group which is the main reason I chose to dive with New Way. Maximum of 4 per instructor, and you'll often have some assistance on top of that from trainees. Being up nice and early is 100% worth it once you arrive and are the only dive school there. Great to have the dive site to yourself before it gets busy.

Couldn't fault my experience with New Way! Can only hope you decide to dive with them and have as good of a time as I did.

Date of experience: March 2016
1  Thank jwidmanno
Write a ReviewReviews (1,143)
All reviews
in 15 reviews
"great dive school"
in 16 reviews

Reviewed April 24, 2016

Great experience from start to finish. Natahlie working front of house was spot on with the details and could answer all our questions. Sam and Billy were awesome dive leaders, really confident, enthusiastic, good fun and most importantly ultra ultra safe. We've dived all over the world and these guys are some of the best we've been lucky enough to meet.

Also highly recommend the UV night dive, surreal experience and much more fun than we had anticipated.

1  Thank Shakey_Lyla
Reviewed April 21, 2016

We have a great time learning scuba diving here. Joel and Maggie are really great and helped us via the course in a friendly yet professional manner. If your final dive day is on Tuesday or Saturday then you can choose to visit Sail Rock which is the best dive site in the Gulf of Thailand. Going with New Way, you will be on the first boat to arrive there which mean you can enjoy diving before other group of divers come and scare school of fishes away! Really recommend this school. We're planning to take a night dive and fluorescent dive course here!

1  Thank Natthanit L
Reviewed April 20, 2016 via mobile

Last week I had the pleasure of advancing my diving skills at New Way Diving in Koh Tao, Thailand. I took both the Emergency First Response and Rescue Diver courses while I was there. The dive shop is great, providing a fun atmosphere in conjunction with new equipment and a fantastically attentive staff. The instructors for my Rescue Diver course were Matt (Mattias) and Ben. May lead the course as Ben was honing his skills. They were two of the best instructors I've ever had. They were very strict, but also patient. Which I appreciated for a course from which you may be expected to assist in rescuing another human being. They were clear in conveying all of the knowledge and skills necessary to perform Emergency First Response as well as Rescue Diving. As I can be a bit slow in learning things, these two instructors really went through the material step by step to to ensure that I digested all of the information. Besides being strict on the important details of the courses, they also made the course fun, which I also really appreciated. It's always easier to learn things when you can have fun at the same time. I highly recommend these to instructors as well as New Way Diving for any dive course that you might want to consider.

1  Thank t_corpora
See more reviews
Reviewed April 20, 2016 via mobile

The three of us done our DSD with Alex and Laurie today and it was absolutely amazing. So much fun, we ending up spending 30 minutes on our first five and 52 minutes on our second dive and were lucky enough to see a blue spotted stingray and some amazing fish and worms. Alex and Laurie were both brilliant we were so lucky to have them teaching us. It was like diving with friends. I had a problem with my ear on the second dive so Laurie took me aside and was helping me to try sort it, then Alex came and took me out of the water where we tried some other techniques while the other guys waited for us under water. Luckily we sorted it and I could carry on otherwise I'd have had to sit on the boat while everyone else had all the fun :( but proves they are very careful about your welfare and safety. It was awesome and we all loved our diving. 2000 baht for 2 dives at the moment which was a good price and we had a few briefings to make sure we understood the equipment and signs for under the water. Maybe we can come back one day and do our PADI course. Thanks so much guys! You're awesome ;)

1  Thank Hannah S