“Brilliant introduction to diving!”
Review of New Way Diving

and up
4-Day Open Water Diver PADI Course on Koh Tao
Ranked #20 of 105 Tours in Koh Tao
More attraction details
Owner description: We are the 1st boat diving koh tao's best dive sites every morning, just to avoid the crowds. We offer small groups ( maximum four people) giving you the personalized service you deserve. we offer PADI courses from open water to dive master, and are the only shop on Koh Tao to GUARANTEE Sail Rock 3 times per week.
Reviewed April 19, 2016 via mobile

I've just finished my Open Water course here and I can safely say that this has been one of the best experiences of my life. Everything was brilliant and I felt completely comfortable and looked after throughout my entire course.

Thank you so much to my instructor Joel and dive master Meggi who were perfect teachers as they matched complete expertise in their field with an infectious love for diving. Thank you also to Alex, Sasha and Bruno who also helped me out along the way.

I would thoroughly recommend anyone looking to dive in Koh Tao to take a course here, you won't regret it.

Date of experience: April 2016
Write a ReviewReviews (1,143)
All reviews
in 15 reviews
"great dive school"
in 16 reviews

Reviewed April 16, 2016 via mobile

I did my Advance Open Water course at New Way and Mariann was my instructor. She was really good, I felt always safe, she explained everything very well and made sure we "master" the skills. I also did 2 extra fun dive with the company. Everybody was very friendly, everything was well organised and in order. It was obvious that safety comes first. Highly recommended!

Reviewed April 16, 2016 via mobile

Just finished our Open Water course at New Way Diving and couldn't have asked for more. Seb was great helping us with the theory and then Billy took us in the water. Could not have felt more comfortable doing the course. We were taught everything we needed to know thoroughly and had a great time exploring one of the best dive sights around - if you get offered the chance to go to Sail Rock then do it.

The other staff were really friendly and helpful, especially Sam who took us on our fun dive after we finished the course. She pointed out lots of amazing fish and made sure we had a great dive. Whoever you have will do everything they can to make sure you have the best diving experience. We were even invited to join in with the Songkran celebrations.

If you're not sure which dive school to pick then at New Way you know you'll have a great time. They also go to Sail Rock twice a week so there's a much better chance of going to this amazing dive site.

Reviewed April 15, 2016 via mobile

There are a lot of diving schools in Koh Tao. Further, there are a lot of bad diving schools in Koh Tao. New Way isn't one of them.

From start to finish, my experience at New Way was an amazing one. Coming in with no prior scuba exposure, I was worried I'd be thrown into a big group of students and rushed through the program. The opposite happened as the max class size at New Way is four and I was lucky enough to have a one-on-one course at no extra cost.

I HIGHLY recommend that you ask for Billy Lewis to be your instructor. Not only is he an extremely competent teacher and diver, but he moves through the program at YOUR pace and makes sure that each dive is safe and fun. Plus the guy is absolutely hilarious, even relative to all the other characters you meet at New Way. I am incredibly lucky to have had Billy as an instructor and I strongly believe you'll feel the same way. You're the king, Billy!

See more reviews
Reviewed April 14, 2016

New way is the right way to experience diving and the atmosphere there is terrific! The course was totally fun and is well-paced. You don't have to get up very early except the wonderful trip to Sail Rock for the last 2 dives and the wonderful sunrise and sea creatures under Sail Rock is the payback for your effort.
Mariana, our pretty and experienced instructor, is the one who delivers the total package of enthusiasm, patience and kindness. She is more than amazing and you will feel extremely safe when diving with her and you will be able to grasp the basics of diving quickly. Special thanks to Ross who has also been a great help under the sea! If you go to Koh Tao, do not miss New Way and Mari!