Open today: 8:00 AM - 6:30 PM

from $348.20
from $133.30
from $56.50
1,134 results
All reviews sail rock dive master dive shop open water course fun dives these guys made us feel padi certification advanced open water great instructor small group my boyfriend shallow water amazing experience friendly atmosphere whale sharks great dive school
Reviewed April 3, 2016

I wandered around Koh Tao for a bit checking out various dive schools when we arrived, and New Way drew me in with the excellent prices, the small dive groups (only max of 4 people to a divemaster), the early start time (5 30am for a morning dive but it means you're the first to the dive spot - well worth it) and above all, the friendly atmosphere - the place is like a community hub of enthusiastic and approachable divers who are happy to talk to anyone and answer any questions you might have.

My 2 fun dives were at Chumphon Pinnacle and Hin Pee Wee with Divemaster Rob. Rob was an excellent instructor and I was lucky enough to have him all to myself that morning. Chumphon visibility was great and we saw loads of cool stuff - including huge schools of fish. At one point I found myself above a huge school of Fusilier fish and descended slowly into their midst as Rob looked on which was incredible! Hin Pee Wee was also a really fun dive with lots to see, but not quite as good as Chumphon, although it would have had to have been really special to beat that first dive.

My Night Dive I did with Lorne, the manager of New Way. I was really grateful to be taken out, as it was just me and there were no other dives booked for that evening. I was really keen to see some bioluminescence and we were leaving for North Thailand the next day so it was potentially my last chance. Lorne was incredible - he's really enthusiastic and was happy to take me out just me and him which I am eternally grateful for. It was my first Night Dive, he gave me a good, thorough briefing about what to expect, how it was different, etc and I felt perfectly confident with us going into the water at Three Rocks - a shallow (7m) but really beautiful and interesting dive site really close to the main port that Lorne considers to be his diving 'home'. The dive was great, we went through a few swimthroughs and into a small cave which was really fun, especially in the dark. Saw a bunch of fascinating things, sleeping fish, active shrimp, a beautiful flatworm that undulated through the water inches from our faces, a lobster (recently reintroduced to the local waters so still very rare) and the much sought-after bioluminescence everywhere.

All in all I had a fantastic time at New Way, both Rob and Lorne were amazing, and every other member of the team I spoke to was equally lovely and knowledgeable. If I ever go back to Koh Tao I will definitely be returning to New Way.

Could not recommend New Way enough. Go diving with these guys, they're awesome! :)

Date of experience: March 2016
Reviewed April 2, 2016

I went to new way on the recommendation of a friend. The staff are really friendly and have lots of experience, I went to new way with the intention of doing my open water course but because I had such a AMAZING!! instructor Mariana I decided to do my advance course as well. Mariana has been so friendly and her experience as an instructor is unparalled. One of the best experiences of my travels.

Reviewed April 2, 2016 via mobile

If you are particularly nervous about scuba diving and struggling to pick a school out of so many on Koh Tao then please look no further!!

I was really anxious about starting the open water course and on the first day in the water I completely freaked out. My instructor at the time was Joel - who was very understanding and made me feel 100% safe even though I was having a bit of a panic. On the second dive he tried to teach me some skills in a smaller group of 2 which was partly successful but I just wasn't willing to fully participate. Then the next morning I got upset, refused to continue and they offered to refund me my money. HOWEVER... Then came along Lorne. He came over to chat to me and insisted that I give it another go just working one on one with him at my own pace, with no pressure what so ever. He didn't care how long it took me to get through the course (took me over a week - I don't know how somebody can be so patient) and he always made time for me to ensure I was comfortable and confident with what I was learning. He even took me to a dive shop to make sure I had a mask that fit me properly as he wanted diving to be as pleasant as possible. With extra sessions and support I gradually became more at ease with being underwater and accomplished 10x more than I would have without them! All of the staff, Lorne in particular, are so passionate about teaching people to dive and they never fail to show it. I am so pleased that he somehow convinced me to get the gear back on and get back in the water because diving really is amazing, and you really appreciate it once you're under the water surrounded by so many beautiful creatures. I really can't thank Lorne and the rest of the team enough for their efforts!

Other great things to point out about New Way:
- All of the staff are friendly and welcoming. They all asked how I was getting on with the course throughout the week.
- The courses are well priced - especially for myself, as I received lots of extra help at no extra cost.
- The group sizes do not exceed 4 people. Which is something you should consider when choosing a dive school, especially if you want better/longer dives and you actually want to feel confident with what you're learning.

I would 100% recommend New Way, you won't find a better dive school on Koh Tao!!

Reviewed April 2, 2016 via mobile

I had my first diving experience, the Padi Open Water Course, in Koh Tao with New Way Diving. There are plenty of diving schools on the island, but New Way is the one! New Way not only has amazing staff, it also is the diving school who really cares about the group sizes and the indiviudal! (maximum group of 4 people - perfect to learn!). New Way also visits different dive sites and they go each week (early in the morning ) twice to the popular Divesite Sail Rock to be the first ones out there!
My friends and I enjoyed our course with Billy- he's from England. He's an extremly experienced diver and an awesome person! He cared about each one of us, helped us wherever he could and made us feel comfortable underwater. We had a lot of fun during our course and totally recommend Billy as a Divemaster!! Thank you Billy and New Way!

Reviewed March 31, 2016 via mobile

I did the open water and advanced open water here, every member of staff is chill and has your best interests in mind. All the DMT's were easy going and super helpful. All instructors were great and thorough with their teaching but Mariana the most awesome and deserves a special mention!