Open today: 8:00 AM - 7:00 PM
Review Highlights
Best diving outfit on Koh Tao

Everything about New Way Diving is fricking awesome and I highly recommend them. I was bitten by... read more

Reviewed 4 weeks ago
richardwa1979
Two brilliant dives in crystal clear waters

Tim and Tom were a dream to dive with today in perfect, crystal clear waters. We were a group of... read more

Reviewed June 15, 2020

from $67.43
from $60.90
from $29.55
1,492 results
All reviews sail rock dive master open water course dive shop fun dives morning dives these guys made us feel chumphon pinnacle advanced open water great instructor friendly atmosphere shallow water sea life small group my boyfriend whole team
Selected filters
Reviewed March 30, 2016

I finished my dive master course last month (February 2016). What a great course and a great experience doing it with New Way. Firstly a bit about New Way - They are first on the dive site for the morning dive so you get to have the dive site all to yourself before the crowds arrive.There is a maximum of 4 people per divemaster/instructor so groups are small. Also, they go to Sail Rock twice a week, which is a definite must do if you have the time, as it's the premier dive site in the gulf of Thailand.

About the course itself, New Way give you three months to do your training, so there is no pressure to rush through things allowing you plenty of time for the course as well as to get your experience up through fun diving. The course was well organised and it was good to have instructors that are so passionate about what they do and have so much patience when going through the skills with you. I'm not a natural water baby and tend to take a bit longer than most so I found this to be particularly helpful. Many thanks to the instructors that helped me: Vince, Anita, Josh, Janet, Lorne, Josu, Joel and Pat (hope I have not left anyone out) and to the divemasters: Rik, Sam, Michael, Henrick and Vlad. You guy's rock!

Date of experience: February 2016
Reviewed March 30, 2016 via mobile

There is a ridiculous amount of dive schools on Koh Tao and they all seem to offer the same thing for about the same price. So choosing one to do your open water or advanced with can be a real head ache.
Here is why we picked New Way and why we are delighted we did.

•Small groups of no more than 4 was probably the main draw. In my opinion this is a must as your group will go up when the first person gets low on air, the smaller the group the less likely you are to have some one who burns through their air in 40min. In the end we were lucky enough to be the only two in our group. Which not only meant long dives but tones of one on one time with our instructor and because both took to diving quickly this meant we had much more time to get drilled on our buoyancy control and air consumption which in the end resulted in progressively longer and more enjoyable dives.

• They visit more dive sites than many other schools. In the end we did a total of 9 dives and not once did we dive the same site.

• Their morning dives are super early, which is important because the fish are far more inquisitive in the morning and you rarely bump into another group of divers.

But by far the best thing about New Way was the atmosphere they've created in the shop. It feel like all the staff love there jobs and genuinely love opening people's eyes to diving. Plus they have super fast wifi that you can steal before and after your dives.

On our instructors in particular,
We had Ben for our open water and his excitement and passion for diving was infectious so much so that we had to do the advanced after. For the advance we got stuck Lorne and Meggy and it was without doubt the highlight of our 2 month holiday. Lorne focused on making us the best divers he could and Meggy focused on making it the most fun humanly possible.
If you get a chance to dive with either grab it with two hands.
Especially Meggy she may well be the best thing Italy has ever exported.

Reviewed March 29, 2016 via mobile

I started with my open water course with Ben as my instructor. He showed me the ropes, but kept it fun anyway. After that I immediately went for the advanced open water. Now my instructor was Seb, he is one of the coolest guys I met! When he saw we learned fast, he just went on and showed us how to do more difficult things. Thanks to him I feel confident in my divingskills and it was just a hell of a lot of fun to do the weird excersizes he made up as we went!

Reviewed March 29, 2016 via mobile

My friend and I wanted to get open water diving certified, and we came across New Way Diving! From the day we arrived at New Way, all of the employees were extremely friendly and helpful. They even helped us get a hostel for the 2 days before our class started. Our class was 4 days, and it was the most unforgettable experience of my life. The classes at New Way are nice and small so you get a lot of attention and help from your instructor. Our instructor, Seb, was amazing! He was so knowledgeable about Scuba diving, and was extremely encouraging to everyone in our class. From the most comfortable in the water, to the more anxious, his calm encouragement helped us to believe breathing underwater to be the most naturaI task. I would highly recommend New Way to anyone looking at courses in Thailand! I cannot wait to return to New Way to further my training!

Reviewed March 29, 2016

Half a year after my first incredible experience with Newway Diving during my PADI Open Water course, I came back this year for the Advanced Open Water and did not at all regret sticking to them. Despite some changes in the team, the staff was as helpful as usual in answering all upfront questions about accommodation and scheduling on my rather short trip, so I could start my lessons immediately after arriving on Koh Tao and being picked up from the Pier.
All the guys and gals are super nice and friendly, while professional and making sure you do your stuff right. Additionally, all the equipment has just been completely renewed and although I hate up waking up so early, it is worth it if you are the first boat on the dive site. I had the pleasure to mostly have my instructor Daniel all for myself, so we had a good time for some games, experiments, back kick frustration and some good underwater laughter or a even a coke! The highlight of the whole trip was the 1 hour mesmerizing UV Night Dive (where the back kick frustration paid off as well)... Absolutely recommended!

Date of experience: February 2016