“From my 1st to 100th dives I did it all at NEW WAY!”
Review of New Way Diving

and up
4-Day Open Water Diver PADI Course on Koh Tao
Ranked #20 of 105 Tours in Koh Tao
More attraction details
Owner description: We are the 1st boat diving koh tao's best dive sites every morning, just to avoid the crowds. We offer small groups ( maximum four people) giving you the personalized service you deserve. we offer PADI courses from open water to dive master, and are the only shop on Koh Tao to GUARANTEE Sail Rock 3 times per week.
Reviewed March 31, 2016

When I first arrived in Koh Tao, I was overwhelmed with the number of dive schools on this island. After talking to a couple of dive schools, I decided to go with New Way. The people at New Way really made the difference. Not only they were very professional and knowledgeable, but everyone at the shop was very friendly and approachable. I didn't need to think twice. It was an easy decision for me to go diving with them.

I did my Open Water with Joel and he was amazing! He made sure that all of us were super comfortable underwater and that we mastered the skills. I really enjoyed my course that I decided to continue with my Advanced Open Water. I had Joel again as my instructor and he did such a great job in making sure I was becoming a better diver at the end of my course!!!

I had an awesome time with New Way that I had a hard time leaving. Lorne Harris, the Manager and the diving guru took his time to thoroughly explain to me the whole Divemaster Training (DMT) process and what the dive school can do for me to help me become a professional diver. It was another easy call for me to continue with my DMT. Lorne personally invest a lot of time and the rest of the instructors/divemaster (Sam, Seb, Billy, Tony, and Glen) also contribute their time and attention, motivate, and always presence at all time to help me grow as a diver.

Overall, this dive school is superb! My decision to become part of New Way family is one of the best decisions I've made!!!

Date of experience: January 2016
Write a ReviewReviews (1,143)
All reviews
in 15 reviews
"great dive school"
in 16 reviews

Reviewed March 30, 2016

I finished my dive master course last month (February 2016). What a great course and a great experience doing it with New Way. Firstly a bit about New Way - They are first on the dive site for the morning dive so you get to have the dive site all to yourself before the crowds arrive.There is a maximum of 4 people per divemaster/instructor so groups are small. Also, they go to Sail Rock twice a week, which is a definite must do if you have the time, as it's the premier dive site in the gulf of Thailand.

About the course itself, New Way give you three months to do your training, so there is no pressure to rush through things allowing you plenty of time for the course as well as to get your experience up through fun diving. The course was well organised and it was good to have instructors that are so passionate about what they do and have so much patience when going through the skills with you. I'm not a natural water baby and tend to take a bit longer than most so I found this to be particularly helpful. Many thanks to the instructors that helped me: Vince, Anita, Josh, Janet, Lorne, Josu, Joel and Pat (hope I have not left anyone out) and to the divemasters: Rik, Sam, Michael, Henrick and Vlad. You guy's rock!

Date of experience: February 2016
Reviewed March 30, 2016 via mobile

There is a ridiculous amount of dive schools on Koh Tao and they all seem to offer the same thing for about the same price. So choosing one to do your open water or advanced with can be a real head ache.
Here is why we picked New Way and why we are delighted we did.

•Small groups of no more than 4 was probably the main draw. In my opinion this is a must as your group will go up when the first person gets low on air, the smaller the group the less likely you are to have some one who burns through their air in 40min. In the end we were lucky enough to be the only two in our group. Which not only meant long dives but tones of one on one time with our instructor and because both took to diving quickly this meant we had much more time to get drilled on our buoyancy control and air consumption which in the end resulted in progressively longer and more enjoyable dives.

• They visit more dive sites than many other schools. In the end we did a total of 9 dives and not once did we dive the same site.

• Their morning dives are super early, which is important because the fish are far more inquisitive in the morning and you rarely bump into another group of divers.

But by far the best thing about New Way was the atmosphere they've created in the shop. It feel like all the staff love there jobs and genuinely love opening people's eyes to diving. Plus they have super fast wifi that you can steal before and after your dives.

On our instructors in particular,
We had Ben for our open water and his excitement and passion for diving was infectious so much so that we had to do the advanced after. For the advance we got stuck Lorne and Meggy and it was without doubt the highlight of our 2 month holiday. Lorne focused on making us the best divers he could and Meggy focused on making it the most fun humanly possible.
If you get a chance to dive with either grab it with two hands.
Especially Meggy she may well be the best thing Italy has ever exported.

Reviewed March 29, 2016 via mobile

I started with my open water course with Ben as my instructor. He showed me the ropes, but kept it fun anyway. After that I immediately went for the advanced open water. Now my instructor was Seb, he is one of the coolest guys I met! When he saw we learned fast, he just went on and showed us how to do more difficult things. Thanks to him I feel confident in my divingskills and it was just a hell of a lot of fun to do the weird excersizes he made up as we went!

See more reviews
Reviewed March 29, 2016 via mobile

My friend and I wanted to get open water diving certified, and we came across New Way Diving! From the day we arrived at New Way, all of the employees were extremely friendly and helpful. They even helped us get a hostel for the 2 days before our class started. Our class was 4 days, and it was the most unforgettable experience of my life. The classes at New Way are nice and small so you get a lot of attention and help from your instructor. Our instructor, Seb, was amazing! He was so knowledgeable about Scuba diving, and was extremely encouraging to everyone in our class. From the most comfortable in the water, to the more anxious, his calm encouragement helped us to believe breathing underwater to be the most naturaI task. I would highly recommend New Way to anyone looking at courses in Thailand! I cannot wait to return to New Way to further my training!