“We did our research and it paid off!”
Review of New Way Diving

and up
4-Day Open Water Diver PADI Course on Koh Tao
Ranked #20 of 105 Tours in Koh Tao
More attraction details
Owner description: We are the 1st boat diving koh tao's best dive sites every morning, just to avoid the crowds. We offer small groups ( maximum four people) giving you the personalized service you deserve. we offer PADI courses from open water to dive master, and are the only shop on Koh Tao to GUARANTEE Sail Rock 3 times per week.
Reviewed March 30, 2016 via mobile

There is a ridiculous amount of dive schools on Koh Tao and they all seem to offer the same thing for about the same price. So choosing one to do your open water or advanced with can be a real head ache.
Here is why we picked New Way and why we are delighted we did.

•Small groups of no more than 4 was probably the main draw. In my opinion this is a must as your group will go up when the first person gets low on air, the smaller the group the less likely you are to have some one who burns through their air in 40min. In the end we were lucky enough to be the only two in our group. Which not only meant long dives but tones of one on one time with our instructor and because both took to diving quickly this meant we had much more time to get drilled on our buoyancy control and air consumption which in the end resulted in progressively longer and more enjoyable dives.

• They visit more dive sites than many other schools. In the end we did a total of 9 dives and not once did we dive the same site.

• Their morning dives are super early, which is important because the fish are far more inquisitive in the morning and you rarely bump into another group of divers.

But by far the best thing about New Way was the atmosphere they've created in the shop. It feel like all the staff love there jobs and genuinely love opening people's eyes to diving. Plus they have super fast wifi that you can steal before and after your dives.

On our instructors in particular,
We had Ben for our open water and his excitement and passion for diving was infectious so much so that we had to do the advanced after. For the advance we got stuck Lorne and Meggy and it was without doubt the highlight of our 2 month holiday. Lorne focused on making us the best divers he could and Meggy focused on making it the most fun humanly possible.
If you get a chance to dive with either grab it with two hands.
Especially Meggy she may well be the best thing Italy has ever exported.

Date of experience: March 2016
Write a ReviewReviews (1,143)
All reviews
in 15 reviews
"great dive school"
in 16 reviews

Reviewed March 29, 2016 via mobile

I started with my open water course with Ben as my instructor. He showed me the ropes, but kept it fun anyway. After that I immediately went for the advanced open water. Now my instructor was Seb, he is one of the coolest guys I met! When he saw we learned fast, he just went on and showed us how to do more difficult things. Thanks to him I feel confident in my divingskills and it was just a hell of a lot of fun to do the weird excersizes he made up as we went!

Reviewed March 29, 2016 via mobile

My friend and I wanted to get open water diving certified, and we came across New Way Diving! From the day we arrived at New Way, all of the employees were extremely friendly and helpful. They even helped us get a hostel for the 2 days before our class started. Our class was 4 days, and it was the most unforgettable experience of my life. The classes at New Way are nice and small so you get a lot of attention and help from your instructor. Our instructor, Seb, was amazing! He was so knowledgeable about Scuba diving, and was extremely encouraging to everyone in our class. From the most comfortable in the water, to the more anxious, his calm encouragement helped us to believe breathing underwater to be the most naturaI task. I would highly recommend New Way to anyone looking at courses in Thailand! I cannot wait to return to New Way to further my training!

Reviewed March 29, 2016

Half a year after my first incredible experience with Newway Diving during my PADI Open Water course, I came back this year for the Advanced Open Water and did not at all regret sticking to them. Despite some changes in the team, the staff was as helpful as usual in answering all upfront questions about accommodation and scheduling on my rather short trip, so I could start my lessons immediately after arriving on Koh Tao and being picked up from the Pier.
All the guys and gals are super nice and friendly, while professional and making sure you do your stuff right. Additionally, all the equipment has just been completely renewed and although I hate up waking up so early, it is worth it if you are the first boat on the dive site. I had the pleasure to mostly have my instructor Daniel all for myself, so we had a good time for some games, experiments, back kick frustration and some good underwater laughter or a even a coke! The highlight of the whole trip was the 1 hour mesmerizing UV Night Dive (where the back kick frustration paid off as well)... Absolutely recommended!

Date of experience: February 2016