“Fantastic experience!”

and up
4-Day Open Water Diver PADI Course on Koh Tao
Ranked #20 of 105 Tours in Koh Tao
More attraction details
Owner description: We are the 1st boat diving koh tao's best dive sites every morning, just to avoid the crowds. We offer small groups ( maximum four people) giving you the personalized service you deserve. we offer PADI courses from open water to dive master, and are the only shop on Koh Tao to GUARANTEE Sail Rock 3 times per week.
Reviewed March 28, 2016

I just did my open water PADI course with New Way Diving. I worked with two instructors, Lorne and Meggy, who were both kind, funny, and extremely patient. I was VERY nervous starting the course, but by the end I loved it!

I'm latex sensitive, and the school went out of its way to make sure my mouthpiece, mask, etc., were completely latex-free. I was really impressed by their thoroughness.

There are lots of dive schools on Koh Tao. I shopped around before going with New Way, and couldn't have made a better choice! Lovely boat, good equipment, great staff. And I highly recommend a fun dive with Meggy at Sail Rock!

Date of experience: March 2016
Write a ReviewReviews (1,143)
All reviews
in 15 reviews
"great dive school"
in 16 reviews

Reviewed March 28, 2016 via mobile

My friends and I reached Ko Tao, went to Sairee Beach, and rang up New Way Diving, for they were highly recommended in one credible article I had read online. We were requested to drop by at the Office.

The atmosphere there was so damn lively, as though friends were hanging out at work. Lorne, the boss, absolutely went out his way to break the ice with me and my friends, understand the experience we were looking for and completely made us feel at home. I think that got us to stick around.

Then, we met Seth and Laurie. They were really nice. They were cool and lively most of the time, but equally careful and particular when it came to safety and Diving Instructions. With this gang, I could relate why so many articles online spoke of having good diving instructors.

On the day of the dive, we met up with the "dream team" - Alex, Laura, Billy, Captain and his aide. They were all like family.

Our first dive was mostly us getting the hang of the skills and the strangeness of being underwater. What was amazing about the experience at New Way was that the package included a second dive. This shows attention to experience. And boy, the second dive was ecstatic. We were so high on the dive, we didn't want to get out of water. The guys took good care, made us feel comfortable, ensured our safety and in all, it was a whole lot of fun.

Thank you so much. The dive made it so damn hard to say goodbye to Koh Tao. I still miss it. I will definitely come back again.

Reviewed March 27, 2016

These guys made my trip.

I showed up on Friday, thinking I'd do one dive with them, then explore other dive shops and offerings.

I ended up staying for a week straight, diving every damn day.

One fun dive turned into two, turned into getting my advance certification. My first night dive. My first (mind-blowing) UV night dive!

In retrospect, If you asked me why I went to Thailand now, I would say "to go UV night diving". I can't believe I hadn't even heard of it before- an adventure into a surreal, phantasmagorical world of neon creatures à la Burningman.

Everyone on this team is friendly, knowledgeable and caring. Thank you Natalie for welcoming me in, and setting me up. Thank you Sam and Jay for being fantastic divemasters. Thanks Ramsey for the conversations. Thank you Maggie for being such a great dive buddy! And a huge THANK YOU to Lorne for being a fantastic teacher— and, no exaggeration, opening up new worlds.

Lorne is an irreverent, clever and creative divemaster with a passion for teaching. His enthusiasm made the "boring" classroom parts of diving delightful. Him and his team also made me feel really cared for. These guys picked me up from the ferry, found my cell phone, got me ear drops and let me stay late at the shop snagging their wifi.

The entire vibe of this crew is loving, positive and adventurous. They're also the first ones out on the dive sites each morning, and treat the environment with respect.

Date of experience: February 2016
Reviewed March 27, 2016 via mobile

I received my dive certification with New Way diving and had an amazing time. They are thorough and very patient. Seb Bell was my instructor, highly recommended!!! He is the best!!!!!!

See more reviews
Reviewed March 27, 2016

My boyfriend and I did our DSD here and our Padi open water. We fell in love with New Way and the under water world, what an amazing experience!
This diving school really want you to have a nice experience! The diving groups are never bigger than 4 people and they avoid to dive at the crowed divingspots. So when it is too crowded they will go somewhere else.
Our dive instructor, Seb, teached us how to dive in a really good way! So it was easy to pick it up and so much fun! We really enjoyed the dives with him, he showed us how beautiful the under water world is, something that we would never forget!!