Open today: 8:00 AM - 6:30 PM

from $89.14
from $366.47
from $140.32
1,169 results
All reviews sail rock dive master dive shop open water course fun dives these guys made us feel padi certification advanced open water amazing experience great instructor small group my boyfriend shallow water friendly atmosphere whale sharks great dive school
Reviewed November 2, 2015

A first class experience! Everyone at the shop is friendly and very accommodating. My husband & I are into underwater photography and Lorne the shop manager set us up with an amazing photographer to learn from. Christine taught us so much about our Ikelite camera system from setting it up properly, maintaining it and taking great pics underwater. She was so patient and thorough in her instruction. She also helped us with the software program to develop our photos. Lorne also allowed us to bring in our own dive guide who we knew from our past trip to Koh Tao. We can't say enough about Sven, he took care of us. He monitored our air, DC time, depth, so all we worried about was learning from Christine. The boat Captain and his crew were so helpful getting on & off the boat from the pier and the water. Safety was definitely of upmost importance, and it showed! The dive sites they picked each day never disappointed. Lots of beautiful fishes and coral. We saw a whale shark our first day and a sea turtle a few days later. Definitely recommend the UV Night dive just an amazing experience seeing the underwater world in a different light! They also arranged transportation for us from our villa to the port or shop for no charge. Their prices are very reasonable especially since the service is top notch!

Reviewed November 2, 2015

Lots of people told me about this awesome diving school, when I was in Koh Phangan. So after the full-moon party, where I met some good dancing scuba instructors (Everyone knows who), I went to Koh Tao for my PADI Open.

I had one of the warmest welcomes EVER! A good price for my open water and two advanced dives. They showed me also three cool places to stay. The bungalow on the coast for 600 bath was my favorite and I stayed here for the whole week.

The first day was lots of videos and learning, with some good help and usefull instructions I was capable to do the exams. I past the final exams easily, so that was a good start.

After one swimming pool dive I went into the sea for some cool dives with my instructor Billy and DMT Rik. For Billy this morning swimmingpool dive was a little bit too excited, because at the end of the day he went sick home (Hope you are better now!). The next days I did couple more dives (included a cool night dive) and reached my PADI Open Water. I didn't only got the diploma, but I felt everyday more safe and comfortable under the water.

ENOUGH ABOUT DIVING!

If you want to have some coooool people around you during your stay in Koh Tao. This is THE diving school. Drinking some beers and eating together, it feels like one big, Thai-German-English-French-Dutch and maybe I forgot one, family!

Yep guys they ask me to write a review one TripAdivsor, so maybe i'm not totally objective haha :) But......everything in this review is completely true. This is one awesome beeer drinking and diving school.

All my compliments are given,

Cheers Bas

Reviewed November 2, 2015

Although I only completed the introduction to diving course, Lorne, Rik and the crew at New way diving made it one of the best experiences of my life!

I returned to Australia and was home for only 2 weeks before I booked my next 6 week holiday back to the team at New Way! I'm going to do my Dive Master with the New way team I wouldn't recommend anyone else!

I explored many other options, noting that most other companies offered a less attractive product for a similar price. What attracted me to New way was the atmosphere of the place. Lorne and the crew made me feel instantly welcome.

Yoshi was my instructor and Rik showed Rachel and I a good time by night. It was an experience of a lifetime and I can not wait to return. YOU MUST DO YOUR DIVE MASTER WITH NEW WAY! You will not regret it!

Date of experience: September 2015
Reviewed October 31, 2015 via mobile

It was the best experience of my life. I was send to new way diving by a guy from the Netherlands jesse he said, if you want the more private lessons (groups not bigger 4) and you really want to learn what you're doing down in the water you have to go to new diving and I'm happy that I did. I can't say there the best because I didn't go to any other diving school, but WOW what a great team. They make you feel like you're a part of there family. My diving instructor was Joshua , he helpt trough every thing. I had troubles making my exams and whiteout him I never would have past the test ( by the way it really but I just stressed out :-p ) Don't look further new way diving is the everybody should go.

My best you all,

Paukie Groothuizen

Date of experience: November 2015
Reviewed October 28, 2015

Before coming to Koh Tao I have contacted few different diving schools- I am kinda guy who has a lot of time and loves to do as much research as possible about anything which interests me. Got some template responses, offering me a discount without me even asking for it etc. And then I emailed New Way.
The response to my email surprised me a little bit- it was Lorne, New Way manager who wrote almost an essay! :) Long story short- I decided to go with New Way. And I do not regret my decision at all. And to be honest- diving with these guys changed my life!!!
They are most positive, happy and helpful people I ever met! So much that I overstayed on the island week more than I planned and done my Rescue Diver course with them. And I am coming back in few months to do Divemaster :) They treated me as a part of their family. It was most amazing time in my life.
Why should you choose New Way for your diving courses? Well, firstly- they really do pay attention to your progress- it's not like some other schools who just want your money and issue you with a certificate. Nope, that's the place to be if you REALLY want to learn to dive and be SAFE.
Also, New Way boats are always first on the diving spots so you can enjoy plenty of fish before other divers come. That's a big plus in my opinion. Well, if you are ok with waking up at 5am! :) But it is totally worth it. Trust me.
Another thing is that the student groups are very small- up to 4 students so you can be sure you will get the Instructor's attention and won't be left behind with some skills you need to polish.
Their saying is "Just one more day at New Way!" and I know why now. I overstayed instead of going to Phi Phi and Koh Lanta, but I do not regret it. It was worth every single minute and baht!
Totally recommended!