“Amazing Experience, Great Instructor”
Review of New Way Diving

and up
4-Day Open Water Diver PADI Course on Koh Tao
Ranked #20 of 105 Tours in Koh Tao
More attraction details
Owner description: We are the 1st boat diving koh tao's best dive sites every morning, just to avoid the crowds. We offer small groups ( maximum four people) giving you the personalized service you deserve. we offer PADI courses from open water to dive master, and are the only shop on Koh Tao to GUARANTEE Sail Rock 3 times per week.
Reviewed October 22, 2015

I've just finished my Open Water course at New Way, it was a wonderful experience. I had some trouble breathing and clearing my mask at first but my instructor, Joel, was very patient and understanding and reassured me. I gained so much confidence that I even joined up for an extra day where we did a Deep Adventure and Night Adventure dive!

Date of experience: October 2015
Write a ReviewReviews (1,143)
All reviews
in 15 reviews
"great dive school"
in 16 reviews

Reviewed October 22, 2015

With the help of the awesome instructors at New Wave, I completed my open water diving course and became PADI certified. After an amazing three days, we were given a special opportunity (and price) to do a deep dive and night dive at Chumpon, one of the best diving sites in Koh Tao.

Besides having an amazing time diving, I felt like part of a small family as the dive masters and instructors would hang out at the dive shop after hours with the students. Our instructor Dominik was great. He made us feel very comfortable and was very thorough in his instructions so we always knew what to do underwater. After getting certified, he brought our group and a few other friends to the coolest viewpoint in Koh Tao to watch the sunset. I didn't feel like just a customer at New Wave and that made my first time learning how to dive so much more fun.

Reviewed October 22, 2015 via mobile

As a first time diver, it was lovely to feel comfortable and welcome at new way. We had matt as our instructor and he was attentive, thorough and made the dives fun whilst being safe. Definitely recommend new way for nervous, first time divers, it will put you at ease and you are in capable hands!!

Reviewed October 19, 2015

Having never dived before, the atmosphere at New Way Diving immediately felt comfortable and safe for a novice diver like myself. The whole staff was very welcoming and friendly, as well as very professional. Manager Lorne was very flexible and a funny guy, clearly works very hard to offer his customers the best. My instructor Joshua was patient and calm, perfect for teaching someone new, who has no previous experience in diving, he really knew what he was doing and provided me with a great base for future diving experiences. The rest of the staff was also always willing to help and give advice. I would definitely recommend New Way Diving to anyone who is interested in starting or continuing their diving. Great people, great experience!