“Best Diveshop In Koh Tao”
Review of New Way Diving

and up
4-Day Open Water Diver PADI Course on Koh Tao
Ranked #20 of 105 Tours in Koh Tao
More attraction details
Owner description: We are the 1st boat diving koh tao's best dive sites every morning, just to avoid the crowds. We offer small groups ( maximum four people) giving you the personalized service you deserve. we offer PADI courses from open water to dive master, and are the only shop on Koh Tao to GUARANTEE Sail Rock 3 times per week.
Reviewed September 15, 2015

If you are looking for great diveshops, its easy in Koh Tao. If you want something special, go to New Way. The atmosphere in the shop is laid back, everybody makes you feel welcome! I did a DSD (discover scuba diving) in 2013, and have now in aug. 2015 taken my Open Water in the shop. I wave had a blast, every time. My instructor Joel, came from USA, he was such a nice guy, and easy to learn from. He could easily have taught a monkey to dive. He know the reefs like his backpocket!
So, the place to go in Koh Tao -> New Way
You wont be disappointed!!

Date of experience: August 2015
Write a ReviewReviews (1,143)
All reviews
in 15 reviews
"great dive school"
in 16 reviews

Reviewed September 15, 2015 via mobile

My husband wanted to finish his open water course but I am a nervous diver so we spoke to New Way and they said they could help us out.
The next day we were sent out with Joel Gerstman. He was so patient and explained everything so I understood. We had to go over all the skills we had previously learnt which was a great help as this was the part that terrified me when I first dived two years ago but I did it and the way Joel was calmed me down a lot.
Joel gave me the confidence to not only get through my open water but I completed my advanced open water too. It's amazing, I'm a diver!!
We both highly recommend New Way to anyone and ask for Joel as he was amazing even with someone who may be a bit nervous. Patience of a saint! Thank you Joel and new way diving.

Reviewed September 15, 2015

Very good company to dive, with serious and fun people who gave us the passion for diving! We passed our Padi Open Water with New way, it was a bit difficult for us after the 1st theoretical lesson ( because everything was new ) but thanks to a good organization(thanks Lorne), we went diving the first afternoon to a beautiful spot of Koh Tao and we were really motivated to get our Padi after that!
We were just 2 with our instructor Josh, it was good for us, we were never in a hurry and he was always patient during the theoretical part and under the water.
New way is also the first one on the diving spot the morning, yes you have to get up early, but definitively it was worth it, you have all the fishes for you!
We recommend to everybody and we know we will come back for more fun dives and for the Advanced open water!
Thanks New waybody (everybody from New way)!
Astrid and Cyrille

Reviewed September 7, 2015 via mobile

My cousin and I are learning the Padi Open water at New Way.
We enjoy it so much that we are going for the advanced too.

The dives with Dominik the german speaking instructor are absolutely on the point, professional and personal.

The gear is also in good conditions and the boat not to big so we did our cours with 3 of us.

Nice school with cheap affordable prices also for Backpackers.

See more reviews
Reviewed September 6, 2015

After much research, I signed up to take my PADI open water diving course with New Way. I chose New Way because of the great reviews about the school, particularly with the reviews about the personal attention that comes with the small classes and professionalism of the instructors. Well, I wasn't disappointed. The team was very welcoming and friendly. My dive instructor Joel Gerstman is an excellent teacher and a good guy as well. Unfortunately I had a road accident during my stay and I was unable to complete the course. However, Joel and Mike Gilmore were really kind and helpful and made sure that I was ok for the rest of my trip. Kudos to Lorne and the team at New Way as they go out of their way to really take care of their students and are passionate about diving. Highly recommended. See you guys soon so I can complete my PADI.

Date of experience: August 2015