“Couldn't have been better”
Review of New Way Diving

and up
4-Day Open Water Diver PADI Course on Koh Tao
Ranked #20 of 105 Tours in Koh Tao
More attraction details
Owner description: We are the 1st boat diving koh tao's best dive sites every morning, just to avoid the crowds. We offer small groups ( maximum four people) giving you the personalized service you deserve. we offer PADI courses from open water to dive master, and are the only shop on Koh Tao to GUARANTEE Sail Rock 3 times per week.
Reviewed August 15, 2015

It has been a few weeks now since I completed my PADI open water dive course with New Way but I haven't stopped thinking about how amazing it was ever since.

I cannot fault my experience with them at all. From the moment we arrived on the island we were looked after, with a pick-up service straight to the dive shop. Service was friendly, welcoming and we were having a laugh with the staff from the off.
Our instructor Joel was very reassuring on day 1 when we were feeling overwhelmed by the information in the PADI video, and right enough, none of it was as scary as it may initially seem. Joel continued to take us through the course with his excellent teaching and the small group of us (just 3 students with Joel) had a good laugh throughout too.

Their very early trip to Sail Rock is well worth paying that little bit extra for and I'd recommend also taking them up on the offer of having Christine, the in-house dive photographer, photograph your dive. Amazing photos and another great member of the New Way team.

Thanks again everyone for a great first diving experience, I'll hopefully be back one day.

Date of experience: July 2015
Write a ReviewReviews (1,143)
All reviews
in 15 reviews
"great dive school"
in 16 reviews

Reviewed August 13, 2015 via mobile

We spent 3 days in ko Tao during our trip in Thailand and we could not loose the opportunity to dive here... my sister and myself did first a refresh course as it was a while since our last dive and then other two ones. Nice and professional staff in one of the best place we have ever dived... strongly recommend! A special thanks to Dave and Michael who dived with us!

Reviewed August 11, 2015 via mobile

My first plan was to only do my advanced course during my stay on koh tao. But because of the super friendly personell I felt so at home that I stayed langer and did my specialty courses as well. Great company and cheap for the service they offer. Diving is done in small groups (not bigger than 4) creating a great learning atmosphere.

Date of experience: July 2015
Reviewed August 10, 2015

I came to Ko Tao to learn to dive. I selected New Way because of the reviews on this website. I was not disappointed.

The staff are thoroughly professional, and showed great concern about customer safety and well being (they handed out seasickness tablets like candy).

The place is also run very efficiently, their claim that they are always the first boat out is true in my experience, and everything seemed to run like clockwork. Whilst some might be put off by the early leaving times (5:20) for Sail Rock, all of my early dives delivered a fantastic experience. The visibility and numbers of fish were definitely improved when no one else was down there.

The standard of instruction was also excellent. There was a very collaborative atmosphere, and all of the crew were eager to share hints and tips. I will make special mention of my instructor, Jessie. His teaching was excellent, there is a lot of information presented to you at the start of a course, but he distilled the information down into easily manageable chunks. He also kept the mood lighthearted but managed to convey the seriousness of certain points. Diving can after all be dangerous.

Overall, a truly excellent Dive business and one I would like to dive with again.

David