“Nice way to learn and have fun”
Review of New Way Diving

New Way Diving
Ranked #13 of 103 Tours in Koh Tao
More attraction details
Owner description: We are the 1st boat diving koh tao's best dive sites every morning, just to avoid the crowds. We offer small groups ( maximum four people) giving you the personalized service you deserve. we offer PADI courses from open water to dive master, and are the only shop on Koh Tao to GUARANTEE Sail Rock 3 times per week.
Reviewed May 19, 2013

I have been in Koh Tao in May'13 for fun diving after refresher course. I am certified open water diver from a big school but this time decided to go for refresher with a school where I can get some personal attention to review the skills. Decided to try with New Way and very much satisfied with their professional way of teaching and their extended support. Thanks a lot to the entire team of New Way.

John Moon was my DM. He was always been excellent while showing me the skills.

Bad part is .... I thought of diving into some new dive sites like ( Mango Bay ) but had to dive at Japaneese Garden where I already dived thrice in last year.

I was there at Koh Tao for a very short span of time with my wife and 4 months old baby and could not explore other dive sites much.

Next time I wish to swim with Whale Shark and of course with New Way Dive Team.

Thanks a lot....

Write a ReviewReviews (1,031)
All reviews
in 35 reviews
"great dive school"
in 15 reviews

Reviewed May 18, 2013

I thoroughly enjoyed doing my advanced course with New Way. My first open water experience with another top dive school was quite stressful - blame it on the instructor of course. However, the guys at new way put me at ease immediately - Stefan, Shane, Chris, Margo and Chloe you were very patient, empathetic, professional and above all great fun. I had different instructors on each of the dives and I think that was one of the best things. Each successive dive made me more confident.

The early mornings can be a bit of a struggle but once you are at the dive site it's well worth - you have the dive site to your own before the others get in- that simply means peace and bliss. Also thanks to the early morning dives I got to swim alongside a whale shark which is now one of my top life experiences - thanks Chris! Sail rock was another beautiful site on the early morning dive - thanks Margo you made sure there was enough entertainment all the way through. The night dive was another totally different experience and Chloe kept it very relaxed and stress free.

If you looking for people who know their stuff and passionate about diving and above all great teachers who are always approachable, then look no further. New way is small, friendly, fun and yet professional. These guys have got me hooked, definitely getting back for more

Reviewed May 11, 2013

I came here for my open water diver certification on a whim and was thoroughly impressed. Clean and fully outfitted facilities, friendly experienced staff, and a great atmosphere.
The dives were great and instruction was thorough and comprehensive, overall a great experience. My instructor was Chloe. if she's available ask for her, she was fantastic!

Reviewed May 11, 2013

With New Way diving, not only did I get a PADI certification, but also had an amazing experience with instructor and group. I did my frist scuba diving at Japanese Garden- the most beautiful island around Koh Tao! Did my last dive at Sail Rock, there are so many fish around me, I would like to say the lesson in New Way is perfect!

See more reviews
Reviewed May 8, 2013

There are about 50! dive schools on Koh Tao, many of them are just interested in selling courses and you even can´t go for fundives with them. I did my advanced open water and about another 10 fundives. The instructors and divemasters are good and its just great fun to dive with them (I did most of my dives with Jim & John).
Diving around Koh Tao is especially good if you wanna do a course, because the instructors are doing so many of them, that they are well trained and know what you need to know. Fun diving on Koh Tao is also very interesting, just the variety is not that big, but the prices are just really good, so you can improve your skills a lot without spending too much money!!

The best reason for choosing New Way Diving, besides the nice staff, is because they are the first in the morning at the divesite! more fish than divers for sure! When you come back from your first dive, then there are another 4-6 boats!

So if you do a course or fundives, New Way Diving is just better than the others on Sairee beach, if you are more interested in quality than quantity.

There are british, dutch, french, german... instructors and divemasters

I was there end of april/beginning Mai

Dominic