“Best choice!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of New Way Diving

New Way Diving
Ranked #7 of 89 Tours in Koh Tao
More attraction details
Owner description: Located on the pristine island of Koh Tao, is a small to medium sized dive center known for its family feel and personal touch. Do you want to be the first diver in the water? Then come and dive with us! Our boats are the first to leave the island early in the morning in order to have the premier dive sites to ourselves.
Stuttgart, Baden-Württemberg, Germany
“Best choice!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 6, 2012

In 2005 my boyfriend did his Open Water Course at New Way Diving and was really happy. After having checked some dive schools that made their offers on the boat we were happy to find New Way Diving. The offer was absolutely clear with no hidden costs. A really nice bungalow directly at the beach was included in the price where I could stay with my boyfriend.
I did my Open Water Course with the manager and master instructor Jim in a group of five. During the dives he was supported by another dive master or instructor and thus it was the perfect group size. We had a lot of fun and felt absolutely safe. They really make sure that everyone gets good equipment, dives as he was told and they take their time to solve problems of every participant. Jim was a really good instructor. He was funny, absolutely professional and really good and absoulutely clear in explaining the facts. Thus three of our group added the adventure diver course after we finished our Open Water Course.
Moreover, the atmosphere was really good there. You get to know the whole dive shool and feel like in a little family. Great time! I would always go there again and recommend it to everyone.

Visited December 2012

• Hebrew first
“Good accomodation, great dives and even better instructors!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 5, 2012

I had my first experience diving with New Way. Decided that I was going to do an open water diver course but was pretty nervous about it. The theory was covered well and then reinforced brilliantly by our instructor Jim. Very clear and professional in all dives and exercises. Even when somebody didn't get it, Jim was very patient and helped us to think for ourselves without simply doing it for us. As a teacher myself I really appreciate a good teacher who encourages everybody to understand rather than telling them the answer. This of course is very important in diving when safety is first.
Also got to see a whale shark on my fourth dive! I loved the diving so much that I decided to stay on and become an adventure diver by doing 3 more dives. I had it all booked and paid for but got an eye infection from my contact lenses. Anne (one of our other instructors) advised me to go to te doctor and get clearance before diving. Again safety first. Unfortunately the doctor said it would be too risky to dive again and advised me not to until the infection cleared. I went back to New Way to cancel my dives which I was due to do the following morning. They were very sympathetic and gave me a full refund on the spot.
Overall, I thoroughly enjoyed my time at the school and would recommend them to anyone. Special shout out to Jim who instructed us for all the dives and theory. Great teacher and a great guy to boot!

Rajasthan, India
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“WHALE SHARKS and more”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 1, 2012

So I rocked up to this little dive shop after a 15 hour journey from Bangkok. I am an extremely cheap/tight person, and wanted the best deal. New Way gave me free accommodation with my rescue course, and then I liked the place so much, I signed up for my Dive Master training course.

New Way is awsome. There is a good mix of awesome people who love diving, and also love to party. I've been here for two months now, and I have no regrets.

I've seen 3 WHALE SHARKS in the last 2 months, and the number 1 dive site, SAIL ROCK, is well worth it. Absolutely beautiful.

The team at New Way have become my new family, and the manager, Jim; well, he's a TOP MAN.

Wooohooooo. Leggins all the way.

See you there.

-Bagi

Nuremberg, Germany
3 attraction reviews
“Professional and nice diving school - New Way”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 30, 2012

The last days I made my open water diving licence at the New Way Diving School at Koh Tao. This diving school is absolutely professional and it was so much fun hanging out with the group. At my third dive during the course I got some problems with my health. The way the group of instructors and members of the diving school handled the situation was absolutely professional. Safety first - not just a slogan, it's the way you go diving and you guide your groups. I am really happy that I made my first diving experience with you.
Thanks to my instructors Anne and Will, your teaching was very instructive and funny. Thanks to Stefan for your support on the boat and afterwards. And Thanks to the group, especially Jake, who 's always ready to have a couple of beers...

After completing the course I went to a fun diving trip todays morning. We saw a whaleshark, which was absolutely spectacular. Think it was one of the most impressiv moments out in the nature for me so far...
Beautiful!

Koh Tao, Thailand
“The ultimate experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 14, 2012

Having been involved in commercial sports for more than a decade, I make my living dealing with whitewater sports, I know what I expect from a sports shop offering any type of activities. All I can say about New Way dive centre is, it's a group of diving enthusiasts from all over the world doing their job professionally.

Special thanks to Stefan who took the time to give me a thorough introduction into the open water diver course and the lovely accommodation away from the crowdy area.

Special thanks to my instrictor Anne, a Dutch lady who had answered all my questions, even when they didn't fit into the part of the course we were in. None of the participants in our group was a native English speaker - in fact, I am from Slovenia, we had guys from Colombia, Switzerland and Germany. Anne conducted the course in both, clear English and I guess clear German, to make sure everyone understood all parts of the course.

Dealing with water sports for most of my life I can say diving is for sure the ultimate experience I've ever had in water. In the magic of depths it is very easy to forget the theory you have just learned, but instructors make sure you play the game by the book.

In the end, I also want to mention I've met some really awesome people during the course and am happy to have shared dives and free time with them.

Keep up the good work!