“Great diving - incompetent business.”
Review of New Way Diving

New Way Diving
Ranked #10 of 96 Tours in Koh Tao
More attraction details
Owner description: Located on the pristine island of Koh Tao, is a small to medium sized dive center known for its family feel and personal touch. Do you want to be the first diver in the water? Then come and dive with us! Our boats are the first to leave the island early in the morning in order to have the premier dive sites to ourselves.
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“Great diving - incompetent business.”
Reviewed November 6, 2012

My girlfriend and I prebooked some diving with new way divers prior to arriving at koh Tao. We arranged everything through email with the manager Jim. He confirmed pick up from the pier and we selected to stay at pric Thai resort which he said he would book for us - this was never booked and we were put in a different resort. We were told we would be met at the pier by new way staff with a whiteboard with our name on it. We arrived and no one was there to pick us up. In the end (after waiting about 40mins) a friendly taxi driver contacted new way and dropped us off. Jim had completely forgotten that we were arriving despite confirming the day before, although he did give a lame excuse that his taxi driver had picked up other customers who had no booking but forgot about us... There were no new customers at new way when we finally arrived. Go figure.. My partner was doing her open water dive course which was to include 4 nights accom. This is as per their website and Jim had confirmed this in an email. Upon checking out of our accom we were told that new way had only paid 3 nights, leaving us with a bill of 600 baht for the 4th night. My girlfriend commenced her induction by watching videos - unsupervised with no instructor present to explain anything to her. We paid for her course in full when we arrived. I did 6 fun dives and was told it would be 700 baht per dive. Upon completion of my dives, I went to pay and was told I needed to pay an extra 1000baht for each of us because one of my dives was at sail rock - this was never mentioned prior to the dive. Jim was not there when I tried to clear my bill and the lady at reception simply said "not my problem"... Overall I feel this company is incompetent and can not handle bookings. I also feel they tried to rip me off by adding extra charges without telling me first or paying the 4 nights accom. The only saving grace was that the dive instructors were friendly, competent and nice, the dives were great but this would be the case with any dive company in koh Tao. The experience was still good but I was left feeling bitter and ripped off by this company. I recommend diving in koh Tao, but I do not recommend new way.

3 Thank Bangers87

• Hebrew first
Bradenton, Florida
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“The best choice for the experienced diver”
Reviewed November 1, 2012

After looking over the websites of the numerous scuba operators on Koh Tao I settled on New Way Diving as they appeared to have the best options for a certified, experienced diver. I am very glad I made this choice. This is a very professional operation, able to arrange fun diving, instruction and accommodation. Their morning trips start early, so their boat is the first to arrive at the dive site. This is important as sites I would regard as requiring advanced diving skills tend to get overwhelmed with discover scuba and open water students later in the day.

New Way met me off the ferry, took me to the dive shop to register and then to the accommodation they had arranged - basic but clean and great value for money. The dive trips were well organized and the dive guides friendly and knowledgeable. In fact everyone involved with New Way was extremely friendly and anxious to ensure that I had a positive diving experience. I would definitely dive with this company again.

Visited October 2012
1 Thank Jeremy C
Basel, Basel-Stadt, Switzerland
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“There is only one way of diving in Koh Tao - That's New Way!”
Reviewed October 27, 2012

I did my Nitrox and Deep speciality and the Rescue Diver with New Way. The Staff there is just amazing. From the second I walked into the shop I felt like a part of the team/family. I not only did dive with them but also spent most of my non-diving time there. You can see and feel that all of the staff (from the really friendly "boat boys" all the way up until the lovely owner) is enjoying what they are doing. Even if you are not looking for new friends but only for a good dive school you should go there. Here is why:

-They are the first on the reef. You always have the first dive without other dive schools in the water. So we had the whale shark at Sail Rock only for us which is amazing.

-They are extremely flexible. How and when ever you want do you courses they will find a way that it perfectly fits to your plans. I rescheduled my courses several times and they always found a way to manage it.

-They go to Sail Rock even in low season and Sail Rock is a MUST. (We were really lucky and saw two whale sharks with three bull sharks underneath in the same picture)

If I return to Koh Tao then there is only one way... that's New Way!

Visited October 2012
Edmonton, Canada
“Best diving and Instructors on Koh Tao”
Reviewed October 24, 2012

On our two month trip through SE Asia, I'd heard from a lot of friends and fellow tourists that Koh Tao is the place to do your diving certification. What I didn't realize is how many choices there would be, I found it very overwhelming to choose a school. After a lot of time spent on the internet looking at different dive shops, I decided on New Way because of their 'first ones to the dive site' reputation. Once we got to Koh Tao, I knew we'd made the right decision. The shop is small, but everyone is super friendly and there is a great family atmosphere. My friend and I had our own instructor (Anne, who is AWESOME) for our PADI open water certification, and for my advanced open water, I had the instructor to myself (which I doubt would ever happen at any of the bigger schools). I'm so happy I chose New Way, it really made my diving experience unforgettable. I can't wait to go back.

Visited June 2012
Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Feel the passion of diving at New Way”
Reviewed October 6, 2012

Starting my Dive Master soon was not the way I planed to go...Before coming to Koh Tao I was sure I did not want to dive and I could avoid it for almost 2 weeks... while friends checked and dived with several dive schools I went snorkling... But I could not resist any longer and I happened to walk in the Best Diving School, not too big or small (with 4-6 Instructors and 6-9 DMT's), I could Imagine... Instructors and DMT's from Germany, France, Holland, England, China, America, Australia, Argentina and many more countries and all ages awakened my passion for diving and welcomed me like no other place!! Thank you very much for this great experience... see u at New Way

Visited September 2012