“The best choice for the experienced diver”
Review of New Way Diving

New Way Diving
Ranked #11 of 100 Tours in Koh Tao
More attraction details
Owner description: We are the 1st boat diving koh tao's best dive sites every morning, just to avoid the crowds. We offer small groups ( maximum four people) giving you the personalized service you deserve. we offer PADI courses from open water to dive master, and are one of the only shops to dive sail rock twice a week.
Reviewed November 1, 2012

After looking over the websites of the numerous scuba operators on Koh Tao I settled on New Way Diving as they appeared to have the best options for a certified, experienced diver. I am very glad I made this choice. This is a very professional operation, able to arrange fun diving, instruction and accommodation. Their morning trips start early, so their boat is the first to arrive at the dive site. This is important as sites I would regard as requiring advanced diving skills tend to get overwhelmed with discover scuba and open water students later in the day.

New Way met me off the ferry, took me to the dive shop to register and then to the accommodation they had arranged - basic but clean and great value for money. The dive trips were well organized and the dive guides friendly and knowledgeable. In fact everyone involved with New Way was extremely friendly and anxious to ensure that I had a positive diving experience. I would definitely dive with this company again.

1  Thank Jeremy C

Reviewed October 27, 2012

I did my Nitrox and Deep speciality and the Rescue Diver with New Way. The Staff there is just amazing. From the second I walked into the shop I felt like a part of the team/family. I not only did dive with them but also spent most of my non-diving time there. You can see and feel that all of the staff (from the really friendly "boat boys" all the way up until the lovely owner) is enjoying what they are doing. Even if you are not looking for new friends but only for a good dive school you should go there. Here is why:

-They are the first on the reef. You always have the first dive without other dive schools in the water. So we had the whale shark at Sail Rock only for us which is amazing.

-They are extremely flexible. How and when ever you want do you courses they will find a way that it perfectly fits to your plans. I rescheduled my courses several times and they always found a way to manage it.

-They go to Sail Rock even in low season and Sail Rock is a MUST. (We were really lucky and saw two whale sharks with three bull sharks underneath in the same picture)

If I return to Koh Tao then there is only one way... that's New Way!

Reviewed October 24, 2012

On our two month trip through SE Asia, I'd heard from a lot of friends and fellow tourists that Koh Tao is the place to do your diving certification. What I didn't realize is how many choices there would be, I found it very overwhelming to choose a school. After a lot of time spent on the internet looking at different dive shops, I decided on New Way because of their 'first ones to the dive site' reputation. Once we got to Koh Tao, I knew we'd made the right decision. The shop is small, but everyone is super friendly and there is a great family atmosphere. My friend and I had our own instructor (Anne, who is AWESOME) for our PADI open water certification, and for my advanced open water, I had the instructor to myself (which I doubt would ever happen at any of the bigger schools). I'm so happy I chose New Way, it really made my diving experience unforgettable. I can't wait to go back.

Reviewed October 6, 2012

Starting my Dive Master soon was not the way I planed to go...Before coming to Koh Tao I was sure I did not want to dive and I could avoid it for almost 2 weeks... while friends checked and dived with several dive schools I went snorkling... But I could not resist any longer and I happened to walk in the Best Diving School, not too big or small (with 4-6 Instructors and 6-9 DMT's), I could Imagine... Instructors and DMT's from Germany, France, Holland, England, China, America, Australia, Argentina and many more countries and all ages awakened my passion for diving and welcomed me like no other place!! Thank you very much for this great experience... see u at New Way

Reviewed October 1, 2012

I've been dreaming of becoming a diver for years and once I started my SE Asia backpacking trip in March 2012 I knew that I'll become a diver at the end of it.
Once I arrived in Koh Tao, Thailand, I knew this was the moment to get my PADI open water. After a lot of looking around with my friends we stumbled upon New Way Diving. After striking an amazingly good deal with them, we soon started our PADI open water course with them the same day. Before we were allowed to enter the open water, we first had to watch the first three chapters of the PADI book and do the tests with it. After passing it the next morning we hit the shallow water in the afternoon. A lot of dive schools do the shallow water part in a swimming pool, while New Way Diving did it in the sea. The shallow water dive is done to prepare everyone for the open water. Performing the basic skills etc. That sure was an experience! I've only been in the sea a few times and I never snorkeled before and the sea got the better of me and I failed the shallow water. Luckily, as the amazing people that they are, they offered me a second try in the shallow water free of charge! The second try went a lot better and my dive instructor Anne boosted my confidence a lot! I know for sure without her help I wouldn't be proudly waving my PADI open water card around.
After the first shallow water dive, we finished the last two chapters, did the tests and also the exam. So by passing the tests, exams and shallow water we were allowed to enter the open water. Oh yes, I got seperated from my friends because of my first failure in the shallow water, so I got put in a smaller group with Anne. Smaller groups are always better in my opinion so there is no rush behind it like there was in my previous group.
The open water dives 1 & 2 went great and the next morning we performed the open water 3 & 4.
I had an amazing time with them and I've done 4 extra dives after them so far.