Open today: 9:00 AM - 6:00 PM
Review Highlights
Amazing dive company!!

Thank you so so much Roctopus for putting up with me and the family today. You were absolutely... read more

Reviewed 3 days ago
J4779OEchrisg
Glasgow, United Kingdom
via mobile
Excellent OW20 experience

A dive school is only as good as the instructor you get, and I was lucky to have the opportunity to... read more

Reviewed 1 week ago
Rhanuwu

Recommended experiences in and around Koh Tao
from $21.90
from $22.50
from $61.63
from $53.99
3,568 results
All reviews open water these guys diving experience made us feel amazing experience my girlfriend great instructor making sure diving school advanced certification big shout marine life whole team explained everything special thanks feel comfortable fun diving
Selected filters
Reviewed August 10, 2019

We went as a couple. I had already dived once before in Mexico and this felt significantly better organised. Me and my partner both really enjoyed the experience. Our instructor, Vicky, was a great teacher and very supportive and we were both made to feel safe in the water. We were able to see a good selection of fish, as well as other aquatic humans.

Reviewed August 9, 2019 via mobile

I went with my 11 year old son on a try dive in Koh Tao. Eric was our instructor for the day, and took us out separately. I almost gave up during the skills training, but Eric convinced me to try it a bit longer. I’m glad a stuck it out, because the actual dive was amazing. The water was so clear and we saw so many fish, including a spotted ray. Eric guided us and used hand signals to identify the different types of fish. He also watched our air supply and controlled our depth so that we didn’t need to worry about anything.

My son and I both chose to do the second dive. The second one was even more enjoyable, without the initial anxiety, and we were able to go deeper - down to 12 meters.

Date of experience: July 2019
Reviewed August 9, 2019 via mobile

I did my open water certification at Roctopus with Erik. Great experience, a lot of fun and friendly staff.

I highly recommend Roctopus and will visit the sister shop in Lembongan next week.

Reviewed August 8, 2019

We came to Koh Tao having never dived before but wanting to give it a go. After some great recommendations from friends we went into the Roctopus shop to ask a million questions before we committed to our Open water course. From start to finish with our time at Roctopus every member of staff were really friendly and happy to answer any questions or give any advice we needed. We were lucky enough to have Beth as our instructor who was amazing and so patient with all of us! I was very nervous for the first time but Beth was so calming and understanding but didnt let me give up. We just wanted to thank everyone at Roctopus for being so calm and fun! We have left Koh Tao so excited and confident to get back into the water for our next dive and will definitely be back to do our advanced courses soon! Thanks everyone :) #teambeth

Reviewed August 7, 2019 via mobile

A friend and I did a 3-day open water course with Roctopus. This was a great experience! Roctopus is a very professional and fun diving school.

I had a bad diving experience at another place in the past so I was a bit reluctant at first to try it again, but we had a great time diving in Ko Tao. Our instructor Birgit struck the perfect balance between being a professional and responsible diving instructor and making the course fun.

After the first pool session, we already felt really comfortable with all the equipment. Birgit explained the theory for our online theory exam very clearly. When we first went into the open water, we felt comfortable (although it was still very exciting!). At Roctopus they want to make sure you are actually able to dive on your own after you have finished the course, and I deeply appreciate all the constructive and useful feedback that I have gotten throughout the course.

Oh, did I already mention that the open water dives were beautiful? See pictures for proof ;)

Conclusion: I highly recommend doing an open water course with Roctopus!

Thanks Birgit!

Date of experience: August 2019
JayRoc83, General Manager at Roctopus Dive, responded to this reviewResponded August 7, 2019

Hey there

Congratulations on completing your OW course with Birgit and well done for giving it another go after a bad experience somewhere else! We love producing autonomous divers and teaching you all aspects of the course and marine life! The course is super fun as you stated and mixed with the right balance of theory and safety. Now you have a new hobby that will open up many different holiday destinations! Thanks for taking the time to write us a review and welcome to the sub culture!

Roctopus Dive