“Would go back in a heartbeat!”
Review of Roctopus Dive

Roctopus Dive
Ranked #3 of 100 Tours in Koh Tao
More attraction details
Owner description: Roctopus Dive, pioneering the future of scuba dive training ... We also have an award winning Professional Training centre: Divemaster Internships, Instructor courses and Technical diving! The Roctopus Dive team is a young, friendly and energetic collection of dive instructors from throughout the world. Handpicked because of their passion for the underwater world and first class knowledge and experience teaching people how to dive. We promise small group sizes (max 4) for increased personal instruction, safety and enjoyment. The Thai style Roctopus HQ is situated in quiet, relaxing grounds close to Sairee beach, a short walk from all the shops, restaurants, and bars. We can offer customized courses for couples, groups and families, by arranging a diving package to suit your needs. Also take advantage of our infamous Sail Rock Trips (every Sunday) and see the best dive site in the Gulf of Thailand. Come and join the Roctopus Dive family and become part of the sub culture.
Reviewed August 25, 2013

I visited Koh Tao in early August and wasn't sure where to dive or which company to go with - I was relatively nervous too & planned on just doing the two day 'scuba' course... We decided on Roctopus & were very glad we did!

Roctopus picked us up @ the pier, sorted out our accommodation for us & we got started that same day... Amber, our dive instructor was really upfront on day 1, set out the differences between the 'scuba' & 'open water' courses, gave us her advice but said we could decide which to do as we went along.. We ended up deciding there & then...
We had planned to pay by card, and on arrival realised that the only card option was PayPal - for some reason we had an issue with PayPal & our payment kept failing - roctopus were really accommodating about this and let us keep trying for a couple of days (eventually we gave up & paid in cash!) but I really appreciated that there was no pressure in this respect.
I was particularly impressed by the small groups and the personal touch... Some instructors went out with just one diver, we were just a group of two & there was no waiting around for others on the boat which was also great..
Amber, who I've since dubbed 'angelic' & 'maternal' (due to her calming under water persona) is ace - she is a very patient and encouraging instructor with a genuine love for diving! I was really nervous pre dives one and two and she reassured me massively both before and during the dives... Even under water when my 'buddy' had issues clearing his mask, she held onto him and helped him, making me feel once again pretty safe in her hands... Can't thank her enough for my new found love for diving!
On our last day CT filmed us during our dives - and that DVD is amazing! He's great at what he does and has really captured the fun in our film... I recommend everyone buy the DVD!!

My only suggestion would be that they start taking credit card... Which is something I am sure will eventuate with time anyway!

Logistics aside, the Roctopus crew were good fun, and I'd dive with Amber again any day!

RoctopusDive, Owner at Roctopus Dive, responded to this reviewResponded August 25, 2013

Hey. Thank you for taking the time to write such a detailed review. We are very proud of our staff and i will happily pass on your comments to Amber.

Write a ReviewReviews (2,230)

Reviewed August 22, 2013

My friend and I did the discovery dive as we had never tried diving before. We had a look round a few of the dive schools and they all had similar prices but the reason we chose roctopuss was because the staff that worked there were probably some of the coolest people we'd ever met. We had a great time diving with them and wished we had done the open water course. Our instructor was Sanne and she was absolutely amazing. Highly recommend. Plus the parrot fish is a must see!!!

Hey Luciano, Thanks for the review. The SSI Resort dive is a great way to experience the underwater world in one afternoon. We are glad you had so much fun. I have passed on your comments to Sanne.

Reviewed August 22, 2013

With two friends we did the Open Water Course by Roctopus. It is the best diving school! The people are so nice and they make you feel like you're at home. We wanted to stay for two days on Koh Tao and ended up there for ten days. After the Open Water Course we did four fundives. We wanted to do the advanced but our money was low. In perticular I want to name our instructor dutchie Sanne! She's an awesome chick and I really mis her! When I have the money, I'll go back for sure. Cheers Roctopus, do what you always do, love for you all!
Charlotte - team blobfish

RoctopusDive, Owner at Roctopus Dive, responded to this reviewResponded August 22, 2013

Hey Charlotte. Thanks for leaving us a review. I have passed on your comments to Sanne. Safe travels and come back for more diving soon!

Reviewed August 21, 2013

- Really nice guys, made me feel really welcome.
- dive in small groups of people around the same experience as you.
- really well run business
- my only advice was that the accommodation they recommend / are linked with is very over priced for what it is, maybe find alternative accommodation if on a budget?

Hey, Thanks for leaving a review. We are glad you had a great time diving with us. Regarding the cost of our accommodation options; we have packages to suit all budgets. Next time, please don't hesitate to ask if you would prefer backpacker priced accommodation.

Reviewed August 18, 2013

I've lived in Thailand for nearly two years and can honestly say that my four days with Roctopus are definitely up there with some of the best I've had. My girlfriend and I went to do our open water and the whole team there were brilliant and would do anything to help us and at the same time were very professional and passionate about their job... and what's more it seems like every member of staff there wanted to make sure we had the best possible time... and we did.
There are loads of diving schools on Koh Toa but I can honestly say you won't find a better one than this.
Lastly I can't write this without mentioning 'The Dutch Giant' (Sanne). An absolute gem of a person and superlatives aren't enough to describe her! I look forward to seeing you guys again when I come do my advanced!
Cheers Roctopus... see you again soon!

Hey there. Thanks for the review. I have passed on your comments to Sanne and she said it was a pleasure teaching both you and your girlfriend. We look forward to seeing you again for the Advanced Course.