“Not for the unfit!!”

Pinnacle Koh Tao Resort
Ranked #23 of 49 Hotels in Koh Tao
Reviewed January 4, 2013

We had a very enjoyable week here. We had requested a room near the beach and were given the furthest possibe room from the beach/pool. We were moved to a bunglow half way down and only 144 steps from the beach. The rooms were very clean and comfortable. There was no security at night, we had a drunken Russian kicking at the door at 2 am. When I phoned reception he said he was sleeping but did come down to sort it out. I pointed it out to management the next day and they knew nothing of it and said they would get back to me (they never did). The restraunt is over priced compared to what is just outside the resort. The location to the clear blue sea and snorkeling could not have been better. The breakfast was good but no varation. It would take 30 mins to get towels at the pool. There is a shuttle, but you might have to wait and does not operate at night. For all it's downfalls, I would return to it's comfort and beauty.

Room Tip: Must be on a level with the restraunt or lower
33  Thank Rocman2
Hotels-Resorts P, General Manager at Pinnacle Koh Tao Resort, responded to this reviewResponded January 11, 2013

Dear Rocman2

Thank you for writing a review about our resort. We appreciate you taking the time to share with us your thoughts and are happy to hear that you were satisfied with the experience of staying with us.

As for your points of critique, we do apologize for not meeting your full expectations, and we would like to let you know that to prevent the problems you experienced from occurring again In the future, the following has been done:

1) We have put a security guard on standby at the reception throughout the night with another guard roaming every section of the resort.

2) We have made adjustments to the schedule and procedures of our pool staff, to eliminate the wait for pool towels.

Should you come back to Thailand in the future, we do hope that we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back to Pinnacle Koh Tao Dive Resort.

Best Regards,
Tim

There are newer reviews for Pinnacle Koh Tao Resort

Reviewed January 3, 2013 via mobile

It seems I arrived at this hotel during a period of severe short staffing and unfortunately It really impacted on my experience overall. It wasn't all bad but the following things I felt really should not have happened:
Nothing was explained to me about the resort on my arrival i.e time of breakfast, how to get around the resort which caused me to panic in the dark when i first arrived and just had to keep walking until I was lucky to find an English speaking family who Were kind enough to walk me to reception where I was determined to be given the answers to the questions I had. Following this upon getting to room I do have to say it was basic but extremely comfortable and clean which helped me to calm a little. And the next morning I woke upto a beautiful sea view.
I had many problems with taxis during my stay at the hotel too. I was being charged ridiculous amounts to make small journeys because I was alone and at times many of them refused to take me back to the remote location of the hotel because I was just one person and at time this did make me feel extremely vulnerable as a woman on my own. This particularly disappointed me as I had emailed the hotel in advance to explain my situation and I had been reassured about a shuttle service down to the sairee beach area that would guarantee my safety and this just wasn't the case for me.
One final negative point I should point out that I was actually refused room service one day being told 'we're preparing for the party so no'.
I do think I was particularly unlucky during my stay at the pinnacle and towards the end of the 4 day stay i felt that the staff were becoming a more friendly towards me but unfortunately my experiences have put me off from ever wanting to return to this hotel.

• Stayed: January 2013
24  Thank Amy M

Dear Amy

Thank you for taking the time to write a valuable review about our resort. We are sad to hear that we did not live up to your full expectations.

From all the staff here at Pinnacle Koh Tao, we would like to apologize for failing to provide you with the expected standard of service all our guests deserve, and we thank you for bringing these matters to our attention and would like to inform you that we are doing the following to ensure better service:

1) We have new training regimes in place for the current staff and have brought in new experienced temporary staff to cope with the high season to ensure better service quality.

2) We are in the process of hiring night time receptionists to make sure guests arriving late are properly informed about hotel information on facilities and services, including transportation services.

We also deeply apologize for refusing room service on our New Years Eve party, at which time we could not facilitate room service.

We hope that you will give Pinnacle Koh Tao Dive Resort a second chance in the future, so that we may provide you with the positive experience we work to give all our guests.

Best Regards

Tim

Reviewed January 2, 2013

We came back again to this wonderful resort and this time we stayed a full week to enjoy the scenic view and complete relaxation. We were lucky to book into this resort right before the high season when the price would be much higher. We also noticed the staff were better trained, food was improved, nicer garden. The shuttle transportation within the compound also help you moving around.

29  Thank Kacharine K
Reviewed December 25, 2012

pinnacle resort has beautiful, spacious bungalows with a really stunning view.

service is very good and you're picked up (there are lots of steps, but it's good for you!!) if you don't want to walk the steps. there is a shuttle service to the pier twice a day for free as well. yes, it is remote, but i personally prefer a beautiful place like this, which is quiet and where i can withdraw after a night out!

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with friends
30  Thank arianna47
Reviewed December 23, 2012

Still a very much unspoiled toutist destination that one can enjoy beautiful island resort. we really enjoyed our holidays in Koh Tao and this new resort that was just finished earlier this year. Thank to the staff and the management that showed profesional courtesy and welcome. This place is ideal for privacy and isolation from the rest of the world but you can still go for drinks in the nearby night spots. Good breakfast and great sea view, We truly recommend this place.

29  Thank tina l
Reviewed November 28, 2012

The first thing we notice was the stunning view when you come in the reception it is breath taking.the rooms were really nice new and lots of space.
food here is good but a little expensive.the place is quite hilly so you have to ask for a golf cart to get around.we loved the beach and swimming pool it was so relaxing and we were lucky to have sun.we have to send our love to soe(sorry if we spell your name wrong) the barman near the pool who was so funny and heart warming he really know how to make someone happy and we also cannot forget carl the manager for being such a good host he fix so many problem for us.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
29  Thank amelie k
Reviewed November 19, 2012

This resort could be ranked one of our top places we ever stayed. its setting let you truly enjoy the scenic view of the sea and you can snorkeling right infront of the resort. The room is quite big and still very new. Thank to the guest relation who is an English for his excellent hospitality and information about Koh Tao. Wesurely had a good time staying here.

Room Tip: pick the bungalow
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple