“Large, Medium and Extra Small”

Charm Churee Divers
Ranked #58 of 104 Tours in Koh Tao
More attraction details
Owner description: With over 60 different diving organisations on the island why choose to become a Charm Churee Diver?When you choose Charm Churee Divers for your diving needs you will find experienced PADI instructors & guides, bespoke group sizes, amazing service, free continuing education, videography, regularly renewed equipment and the best boats on the island. We are also very experienced when it comes to teaching children to dive. Children as young as 8 years old can give diving a go and once they're 10 years old they can do their PADI Juniour Open Water course. They need the right equipment and the right location and we've got both.We have Jansom Bay as the resorts own stunning beach, which we dive from daily, which gives access to 3 different dive sites.If you are not a diver and don't want to become one yet we have free swimming and free snorkeling lessons daily, so if you don't think you are ready for diving yet just ask us and we'll start you off in the right direction.
Reviewed April 25, 2013

Hats off to the dive team at Charm Churee Villas. First to Merlyn for DSD and Open Water, thanks for the amazing instruction. Learning by watching someone as comfortable in the water is second to none. Thanks to Mo for partnering through PPB. Lorne, thanks for the coke at 30 meters underwater and the 30m sea crisps later on the boat. Amazing team of professionals. Thanks to all for an amazing holiday.

Reviewed April 22, 2013

I couldn't have asked for a better way to get my open water ticket. Never thought my
first ever dive experience would be with a tiny thai girl instructing, but
Mo was fantastic during the DSD. And to complete the diving part of the course one on one
with Merlyn was brilliant! He was a great teacher and very professional...and although he looked like a rooster, he was no coq!
Anyone heading to Koh Tao to dive should DEFINITELY GO TO CHARM CHUREE.
Might see you all again one day when I return.
So thanks - Mo, Merlyn, and all the Poms.

Reviewed April 11, 2013

Miles ahead, focus on matching dives that suit your experience instead of focusing on discovery diving which it appears every dive shop on this island likes to do. Lorne is an amazing manager with a great team of professionals who know the sites to maximise your dive time. Also very good value for money, and note they have the only real dive boat on the island.

We were researching a diving holiday in Thailand and with so many dive schools both large and small it was hard to find the correct one. We are experienced divers who did not want to go with the large boats which are factories, instead we wanted someone more boutique. After booking with Rocktopus we realised the mistake we had made as there was no communication, confirmation and they expected us to take a taxi to their dive shop which was 30 mins away only to come back to our hotel as the Charm Churee Resort was a 2 minute drive from the pier.

It was only by chance that we met Lorne and the dive team at Charm Churee as it was located in the village, after explaining our situation the guys sorted out us, by calling Rocktopus and getting everything coordinated for us. Rocktopus were horrible to dive with, however Lorne then offered to take us out for the afternoon. This was the best news all day so we ended up doing 3x dives with Charm Churee that day including an awesome UV Night Dive, which was followed by an amazing trip to sail rock the next day.

Charm Churee divers are professional, value for money, helpful, caring and want the best for it's divers, unlike the other schools who are greedy and could not care less about people that enjoy diving. What sets it apart is that it caters to your requirements instead of trying to sell you a discovery dive pack that most of the others tried.

Lorne was amazing, and despite the lack of information online, they are great and I would dive with them again.

1  Thank rwarneke
Reviewed April 8, 2013

I really recommend you this quiet and cozy place on the wonderful Koh Tao island. It is true that the island certifies 30% of the world diving license, meaning that every 10 meters you can find diving school.

But don't be fooled!

Choose the Charm Churee school, because you will never be more than 3-5 persons in the group, what allows instructors to pay more attention to each of student.
The diving school is just on the beach, so thanks to that the very first day instead of indoor theoretical lessons you will do your first REAL dive! What lets you experience diving straight away and get completely passionate about it.
The instructors have very high competence (my instructor was Lee) and they will do all to make you feel comfortable and confident. I had only 4 days in Koh Tao, so they organized my courses in this way that I not only got my license but also managed to do a 30meters adventure dive.
TOTALLY RECOMMEND!

See more reviews
Reviewed February 12, 2013

We ended up at the Charm Churee resort by pure luck as we did not plan & pre book our stay on Koh Tao. After a short chat with Lorne and team at the dive shop i felt immediately comfortable. I spent 3 days diving including my first open water dives- shout out to Merlyn, two thumbs up. My experience could not have been better as the service was fantastic with small groups unlike the 'dive factories' that I initially checked out on the island. The instruction was personalized and the dive locations and timing was great at avoiding crowds, getting in the best viewing & exploring. I could not have planned what ended up as the top highlight of a 1 month vacation.
I agree 100% with other posts that Dive at Charm Churee has the best service and best overall experience you can expect. Lorne & team exceeded my expectations in a huge way.