“Fun and good service” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Phoenix Divers

Phoenix Divers
Ranked #18 of 89 Tours in Koh Tao
More attraction details
Owner description: Phoenix is an award winning 5 star dive school that offers both SSI & PADI courses from beginner to instructor. We are located in the heart of Koh Tao’s main backpacker beach, Sairee. This gives us one of the best locations on the entire island and we are lucky enough to have a beachfront dive school, two big dive boats, and a resort with its own dive pool. We have been certifying divers since 2003 making us one of the first dive schools on sunny Koh Tao. Our team of instructors headed by the most experienced SSI instructor in the world and by one of the most prestigious instructor trainers ensures you will always have a fun and safe experience. Our small group sizes, ability to teach in a variety of languages and well maintained equipment are just a few of the many reasons why we are more than just a dive school. Come and join the Phoenix family!
Sydney, Australia
22 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 17 helpful votes
“Fun and good service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 28, 2013

Have been doing my open water, advanced and Rescue at this dive school back in 2011, and enjoyed it so much that there were no doubt about that I should do my fun diving with them when I was on a holiday this year. Great instructors and dive masters! Planning of coming back and do my dive master next year!

Visited March 2013

• Hebrew first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
Calgary, Canada
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 16 helpful votes
“Good, cheap diving”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 21, 2013

I have been back to Pheonix a few times now, and completed my rescue diver course there as well. I have every intention of going back for my DMT.

They have a nice big boat, and really great deals on dives. The attached hotel "AC resort" is very convenient and has an awesome club with fire show at night.

The people at Pheonix are wonderful. All the DMT's I met were great. The manager is a bit stuffy, I would have already started my DMT with Pheonix if it wasn't for her... but oh well. I'm over it.

Special shout out to Kim from Calgary, super friendly guy from my hometown who did my Rescue Diver.

Nuice, totally no idea how to spell that, she's a very friendly DMT who's patience is great because I'm slow as heck and she was very tolerant of that :)

Newt, or whatever his name is, the skinny Thai DMT, is GREAT. He has a very fun and laid back personality and is really good for teaching Thai's who want to learn to dive, I found Thai DMT's to be a bit of a commodity and I have brought Thai friends along to dive before, so it's really good to have a Thai speaking DMT (he's not the only one, but I know him more than the other diver that I am aware of at Pheonix)

They push a few divers out on a regular basis but definitely not overdone like Ban's or Blue. They often have really good deals on multiple dives as well.

Thanks to everyone at Pheonix and I'll see you again soon!

Visited March 2013
Bristol, United Kingdom
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 24 helpful votes
“Awesome!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 8, 2013 via mobile

This is the best dive company that I have ever dived with. All the guys are very professional, safe and make you feel part of the team! We dived with F for our refresher course and 4 fun dives, he made it really fun, interesting and genuinely passionate about diving and is very conscientious about personal safety. They have inspired us to continue with diving qualifications and we plan to go back to do our dive master course with them next year. Thanks guys x

Visited September 2013
Emmen, The Netherlands
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Diving”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 4, 2013

In november 2012 I went diving at Phoenix divers Koh Tao. I had planned to stay for a couple of days to do my advanced diving course. I ended up booking more fun dives and stayed for 1,5 week. The course was good and the fun dives were great! Great dive instructors/ dive masters.

Visited November 2012
Ayutthaya, Thailand
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Really loved it :)”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 2, 2013

My friend and I did our Open Water, Advanced and 4 fun dives with Phoenix and loved all of it ! The people are all very friendly and seem like a tight-knit family and there is always someone around at the dive shop to chat with or people to have a beer with in the evenings. The dive class itself was very good and we fell in love with Chumphon dive site, it was really packed with loads of things to see! Our instructor Clouse was great fun and easy-going and we also had two other instructors who were DM trainees and also real good fun! I definitely reccomend, actually HAVE recommended this Dive school and all my friends loved it. Try it, you'll love it :)
Cheers for all the rad diving guys! x

Visited July 2013