“Good diving with very nice people!”
Review of Phoenix Divers

Phoenix Divers
Ranked #17 of 97 Tours in Koh Tao
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: We are a small dive school on Koh Tao that offers small groups and a family atmosphere but with all the facilities you expect from a bigger dive school. Our beautiful location is right in the heart of Sairee beach, nestled in between an array of the best bars and restaurants the island has to offer. We are also proud to have a purpose built dive pool, 4 classrooms, two big pink dive boats and an awesome team of friendly & experienced dive professionals. We offer a range of different diving packages and courses from beginner all the way up to Instructor. Our Open Water course (your first diving license) includes 4 nights accommodation all for the price of 8,500thb. Please check out our website, like us on Facebook or follow us on Instagram.
Reviewed August 19, 2013

I did my advanced certification with Israel as an instructor at Phoenix Divers. I learned a lot and had a blast! Diving was very professional, the equipment was good and the boat is freshly renovated. In general the people at the dive shop are very nice and always up for a beer after diving. Great value for money to dive with Phoenix!

There are newer reviews for Phoenix Divers

Reviewed August 14, 2013

I wish to qualify this review by saying I have previously dived with Phoenix and had quite the opposite experience (from older, more established staff) to today, but felt compelled to share my experience.

We had signed up for fun dives to Sail Rock and had a large team of staff (dm's) guiding. I was advised that the captain permits maximum dive times of 40 minutes (!!!) and tanks were filled to a 180 bar maximum for a deep dive site.

Guiding was done by a mixture of inexperienced and disinterested DM's who were more interested in their planned party for the return journey.

We were pressured into buying beers for the journey which we were told we'd be "the only ones not drinking" on the boat if we didn't. Then as soon as the 2nd dive was up, they got their party on, drinking and smoking weed with total abandon. Call me a square if you like, but I contract a professional dive school to supervise and keep me safe from door to door, not neglect my safety (including transfer onto long tail boat to the shore) at any stage in the trip.

It felt as though it could have been a 'while the cat's away' situation, but I got the impression this was not outside of the norm for this type if trip.

Needless to say, I'll be sticking with another school for my future Sail Rock dives. If you want to enjoy this beautiful site on fun dives, I suggest you go elsewhere too!

4  Thank Jessica L
Phoenix D, Manager at Phoenix Divers, responded to this reviewResponded March 20, 2017

Hi Jessica,

I'm really glad your first experience diving with us was a positive one and I'm very sorry that your second time here didn't live up to the first.

On our trips to Sail Rock we like to enjoy a drink after diving on the long trip back to Koh Tao and talk about all the awesome things we saw on the dives. At the time we had a lot of DMT's (Divemasters in training). They spend around 2 months diving with us to complete their proffesional training - they are NOT staff. They of course like to enjoy the cheap beers whilst they are on holiday and enjoy our beautiful island. We are very sorry if they disturbed your experience.

The one DMT in question (that was smoking) was told that she could not complete her proffesional training with us and we are very sorry that nobody stopped her from doing something so stupid.

Thanks for diving with us and we hope you come back soon.

James & the Phoenix Team

Reviewed August 8, 2013

Girlfriend and I did a "Discovery Dive" half-day with Phoenix a few weeks ago for my first Scuba Dive ever.

Our instructor "Marine" was very helpful, friendly and professional. The short instructional course was conducted well and She was able to handle all of our questions.

Hope I make it back to Koh Tao one day and if I do and choose to go for a full sized course, I'll opt for Phoenix Divers.

Reviewed July 29, 2013

I was in Koh Tao at May. I decided to take a course at Phoenix.
It was amazing! the people their was so nice and professional!.

I recommends for them because they were the best, and not so expensive/

Review collected in partnership with this attraction
Reviewed July 29, 2013

I cant criticize Phoenix for anything, am now here on my 3rd visit, 2nd this year, very friendly and professional dive company, so much fun, free accommodation when I was doing my courses.... did open water and advanced last year deep nitrox wreak and rescue earlier this year and am back again doing my divemasters.... and will be back in the future... Big thanks to all...

Review collected in partnership with this attraction