“Excellent Italian food”

Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
England, United Kingdom
“Excellent Italian food”
Reviewed February 1, 2014 via mobile

Situated right in the centre of town with open seating this is a very welcoming restaurant. The menu is extensive with a range of simple starters and a good variety of pastas and pizzas. There is also a nice mix of meat and vegetarian dishes on offer. My wife and I took one of the high tables situated on the pedestrian street outside the main restaurant. We shared a tomato and pesto bruschetta which was very tasty (the portion is quite small but very adequate for one person). For main course we each had a pasta. Both were very decent especially washed down with an Italian red wine. The coffee was perfect. Unfortunately, the service lets this place down. Quite unfriendly and not expected in such a wonderful island.

Visited January 2014

• Finnish first
  • Hebrew first
Saint Paul's Bay, null, Malta
“If youre after mediterranean good food, then youve hit the right spot”
Reviewed January 29, 2014 via mobile

At first considering this place has no sort of seaview like the resorts restaurants, i was a bit hesitating about it.

I never booked and didnt feel like waiting for a table si chose to stay on a table outside which was fine. (i noticed ppl inside the restaurant were given more attention then the ones outside but still it was fine enough for me)

I had a basil pesto bruschetta to start with which was good. (a small hint of salt made it happen more)

I then had a fillet from new zealand accompanied by a side pepper sauce. Perfectly cooked and the meat was as good as a prime fillet from new zealand can be.

My gf had a crab and salmon ravioli which once again was absolutely delicious.

I never had dessert but a swedish guy beside me said the cheese cake was mind blowing.

Espresso served the way an espresso shoul be served which is a breath of fresh air in koh tao and in thailand (generally speaking)

What i didnt like is that main course dishes werent taken out at the same time. I had akmost finished eating by the time the ravioli came out and no one came asking if i would have liked a coffee, liquer or dessert after i had finished eating and had to call a waitress myself.

Said this, i reserved a table for tomorrow as the food was delicious and staff were very nice...

Koh Tao, Thailand
“Top”
Reviewed January 23, 2014

We stayed 10 days in Koh Tao and this restaurant was our daily meeting point every night. Simply the best reastaurant in the island.

Jersey
“Nice change from Thai food”
Reviewed January 21, 2014

Make sure you book the place is always busy, and people always queuing for a seat! Although its worth it, we hadnt booked and turned up just at the right time we waited ten minutes and was told that if the people who booked didnt turn up we had their seat. Thankfully for us they didnt!

Portions are great sizes and food is very tatsy, wine was beautiful too! Although dont go for desert, it was tiny and wasnt what it stated.

As they where so busy I didnt get my second drink I ordered also, just something to be aware of.

Worth a visit though if you fancy a change from thai food.

Bedford, United Kingdom
“Make sure you book!”
Reviewed January 17, 2014

This place is always rammmed! So we decided to book for a couple of days down the line, and was well worth it. Starter was disapointing but our main courses were lovely. Really tasty well cooked food, and a great selection to choose from