“Amazing dive school with great knowledge and excellent equipment”
Review of Impian Divers

Impian Divers
Ranked #19 of 93 Tours in Koh Tao
More attraction details
Owner description: Impian Divers is a Dutch PADI 5* dive center founded 7 years ago on Koh Tao by manager/owner having himself more than 20 years of dive experience on Koh Tao; South East Asia; Egypt and Europe. We offer you all PADI diving courses and fun diving in a very relaxed manner and in small groups of maximum 4 persons per dive professional.Our experienced dive instructors adept themselves to you as diver, and not the other way around. Therefore, more personal attention during all diving activities; longer dive times and very well maintained equipment.We have our own boat, which we not sharing with other dive centers to ensure the personal atmosphere of our dive center.Free accommodation arrangements during diving courses in clean, comfortable room(s)
Useful Information: Activities for older children
“Amazing dive school with great knowledge and excellent equipment”
Reviewed June 17, 2013

Impian divers is a professional and friendly dive school. Robert the owner has a great knowledge about diving and has a great staff off instructors working with him. The dive boat and school are professional set up and make sure you become a good diver after your courses. The friendly environment and staff makes sure that you will enjoy your time while you learning to become a diver. Thnq for the great time and we will seE eachother in the future.

Thomas van riemsdijk

Singapore, Singapore
“Good Experience Overall”
Reviewed June 15, 2013

Did our Open Water course with Impian Divers and enjoyed it immensely.

Instructors were friendly and approachable, which made our time there memorable.
Just a short overview of those we interacted with:

1) Robert - Owner. Friendly and funny guy who taught my gf and I some basic dutch (Doe niet zo gek?).
Prior to our arrival, he was very helpful and provided prompt replies and advices (to queries that we had)

2) Paul - Instructor. Awesome guy, patient and knows his stuffs.
As I am not much of a water-sports person, he managed to make me feel comfortable and confident throughout the course duration.
Thanks for the beer =]

3) Rico (?) - Another staff instructor I believe. Funny french guy.

Will not go into much details regarding the course as others have already done so.
Just some points that stood out for us:
1) Small group size (max 1 instructor to 4 students)
2) Good teaching style - Relaxed approach but firm when need be
3) Tests were manageable (some readings to be done but not much)

Best Regards,
Neo & Lynnette

Visited June 2013
“In 1 word amazing dive school nice people small groups”
Reviewed June 5, 2013

Robert the owner is an honest guy and has a good know how of the island and diving! They goth good equipment experienced dive instructors it really makes u feel good In the water! I love the island and above all I fall inlove with impish divers that much That I will comeback in January 2 do my divemaster course with impian divers Greets rody

Visited May 2013
“IMPIAN DIVERS! No where else!”
Reviewed June 5, 2013

My experience with impian divers was awesome! Everything was taken care of. The staff was very laid back but strict when they had to be. There where small groups (4 students per instructor) wich is perfect. I've met a lot of people on Koh Tao complaining about their diving school. And i'm so glad that i can not share that experience.

If you ever planning to go to Koh Tao, just Go to Impian divers! They will welcome you with open arms and treat you like your family!

Lindau, Germany
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 37 helpful votes
“Don't choose your diving school (only) because of the reviews”
Reviewed May 26, 2013

We did our Open Water course here, and unfortunately can't share the enthusiasm of other reviewers. Sure, there were good things about the school:
-5 nights of free accommodation (a double with fan close to the school, that would otherwise cost 500Bt/night)
-close to the port
-very small groups (we ended up having the instructor just for the two of us)
-snorkeling gear free to use
-discounts in both fun and adventure dives after you finished the course with them
Please note that most of the schools on Koh Tao offer similar things, so there isn't really anything from the list that stands out.
What we didn't like:
-we didn't expect to find buddies for life but the instructors weren't too friendly, only in the beginning when we were signing the papers. Later almost every time we went to the school we felt like we were bothering them. There was no friendly vibe, just uninterested politeness at most. On the other hand, if you're Dutch, that's a different story altogether, you'll get a great service and many smiles.
-the experience. Many of the instructors were ex students of the same school and some of them have only dived in Koh Tao, nowhere else! Honestly that didn't make us feel very safe. When during my deep dive I shot up to the surface accidentally without doing the safety stop, I was freaking out quite a lot, but nobody really cared and we went straight for another dive.

We chose Impian divers based on the reviews here, but we wouldn't do it again. Not that the school is so bad, but it just didn't work for us. There really are dozens and dozens on the island, come, walk around, talk to the people in the dive shops and see which you like best. I read the same recommendation somewhere before going to Koh Tao but ignored it, unfortunately. I believe now it's important that you feel good and confident about your instructor, and you can't get that from any review.

Visited January 2013