“Amazing food, amazing service ”

Barracuda Restaurant & Bar
Ranked #11 of 214 Restaurants in Koh Tao
Cuisines: European, Seafood, Thai, Fusion
Good for: Special occasions
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Located in the centre of Sairee Beach, Barracuda is a laid back and stylish dining alternative. Specialising in a large selection of seafood and Thai style fusion dishes. Within our extensive menu you are bound to find something to suit all tastes. After training as a Chef at, English's Seafood Restaurant and Oyster Bar in Brighton, straight from school in 1998, Ed moved to Koh Tao in February 2007, where he has since been working as a chef at various locations around the island. Ed had developed his menus using feedback he has received from his customers since he opened, Barracuda, in July 2010. With his latest menus, Ed has started to introduce the "Thai Fusion" range of dishes to suit all tastes, these are proving to be extremely popular with the locals and tourists alike.
Reviewed March 23, 2014 via mobile

I had the ribs and my friends had fish dishes, barracuda in fact, tastiest food I have had in a long time. Lovely that I could choose my own side dishes too. We had a lovely bottle of red with our meal too, wine is usually something I don't bother with in Asia but this was great.

The service was fantastic, great recommendations of the menu, polite and friendly. Well worth a good tip.

Write a ReviewReviews (2,115)

Reviewed March 16, 2014 via mobile

We decided to eat here due to its high trip advisor ratings. My seafood meal was delicious and my partners vegetarian dish was also tasty. The service let this restaurant down for us slightly. We came here early for dinner and were told when we needed to be out of our seats (for reservations). Staff only seem interested in reservations, and don't seen to be bothered about fitting you in before.

Absolutely loved the food though!!

Reviewed March 15, 2014

We went diner with my girls, looking for a good restaurant in Koh Tao and we saw this one recommended by tripadvisor and we were really grateful!
The place is ok, not as nice as other places in Koh tao (no seaview) but I had to say the food was excellent, the wine too. We had double chocolate tart for desert that was absolutely marvelous.
The price was a little bit more expensive than other places in koh tao (around 15E) but for special occasion it is highly recommended! i would definitely go back.

Reviewed March 15, 2014

If you like seafood, this is the place to come. Great vibe, good service and food to die for; all at very fair and affordable prices. We wanted most things on the menu, so went for the seafood platter which covered most of the seafood on the menu. It tasted great and we are still thinking about it now. Mmmm....!!

10/10 for food. Horrible toilets though. If they get this sorted then I'd give 10/10 for whole restaurant!

Reviewed March 12, 2014

Ate here last night after drooling over the menu for a week while wandering Sairee's streets. Maybe my brain had set up all kinds of expectations but my wife and I were really disappointed. Had whole snapper and a barracuda fillet done in a creamy thai fusion basil sauce. First the food took an incredibly long time to arrive (around 45 mins) and came after other tables that arrived after us had already received their's. The whole snapper (or was it really snapper?) was OK - not too much flavour - basically a steamed fish with shredded ginger thrown on top. A standard thai chili sauce accompanied on the side which was tasty but seemed to be an afterthought. Overall it was just a bit boring. The barracuda filet was overcooked and the basil cream sauce was just way too rich - it completely masked the flavour of what is normally a very tasty fish. Normally my wife and I have no trouble with food - and definitely not spicy food in Thailand - but this gave us both heartburn.
Lastly I must say the service was a little off - 4 or 5 people working the tables (including the owner?) but a lot of standing around going on. The owner was eating (food from somewhere else) and kept forgetting to prepare our check.
Oh well, we'll go back to The Gallery for our next nice meal.