“Amazing food, great service”

Barracuda Restaurant & Bar
Ranked #12 of 208 Restaurants in Koh Tao
Cuisines: European, Seafood, Thai, Fusion
Good for: Special occasions
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Located in the centre of Sairee Beach, Barracuda is a laid back and stylish dining alternative. Specialising in a large selection of seafood and Thai style fusion dishes. Within our extensive menu you are bound to find something to suit all tastes. After training as a Chef at, English's Seafood Restaurant and Oyster Bar in Brighton, straight from school in 1998, Ed moved to Koh Tao in February 2007, where he has since been working as a chef at various locations around the island. Ed had developed his menus using feedback he has received from his customers since he opened, Barracuda, in July 2010. With his latest menus, Ed has started to introduce the "Thai Fusion" range of dishes to suit all tastes, these are proving to be extremely popular with the locals and tourists alike.
Reviewed November 16, 2013

Barracuda restaurant has amazing food with service to match which is often a problem in Thailand, we had amazing food, my girlfriend who is not a fish lover tried the barracuda and loved it and I had one of the chicken dishes which was lovely. One very hard working waiter served us and was almost running everywhere, he understand what gluten free meant which was really helpful as my girlfriend is coeliac. Couldn't have been more happy and left the waiter a large tip as he was working twice as hard as the other waiter.

Write a ReviewReviews (2,051)

Reviewed November 11, 2013

The food and service here are incredible, we had the barracuda fillet which comes with a choice of 2 sides and it was delicious, however we found the prices quite steep for our backpacking budget. It cost us around 250BHT for each dish, and that was one of the cheaper ones. All the staff are incredibly friendly, a rarity on this island.

You will probably want to book in advance, especially in peak season.

Reviewed November 11, 2013

I had read about this restaurant both in Tripadvisor as well as my LonelyPlanet guide, and I was not disappointed.
I was alone, and yet the restaurant (rather small and cozy) was packed, so I had to wait around 15 minutes before being able to sit down at a dining table.
Staff is very accommodating, helpful and fast.
I wanted to have the seafood place, but it was only for two persons and I would have not been able to deal with it alone (too bad as the price is excellent), so I went for two small starters and a main course. Barracuda cakes + spicy mussels (can't remember the name of the dish), and grilled snapper with spinach as a main course. All washed down by an Australian chardonnay, if I'm correct.
The food was real good, staff stopped by to check if all was OK without being intrusive.
The bill is a bit more expensive than the average Thai restaurant, but then again I was alone and had a bottle of wine, so maybe It's not that bad at all.
Definitely recommended!

Reviewed November 10, 2013 via mobile

On a 2 month stay in koh Tao I'm glad we only discovered this restaurant 2 weeks before we left. We couldn't have afforded to eat here all the time but definitely wanted too once we found it.

We ate on 3 occasions and didn't have anything we didn't like.

Hubby is celiac so needs gluten free and that was accommodated without any hassle.

Gets very busy so pays to book in advance.

Reviewed November 5, 2013

We visited the restaurant with friends following up on a recommendation and were not disappointed. The meals were excellent as was the service. Nothing was too much trouble.