“Disappointing ”

Ranked #12 of 191 Restaurants in Koh Tao
Cuisines: European, Seafood, Thai, Fusion
Good for: Special occasions
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Located in the centre of Sairee Beach, Barracuda is a laid back and stylish dining alternative. Specialising in a large selection of seafood and Thai style fusion dishes. Within our extensive menu you are bound to find something to suit all tastes. After training as a Chef at, English's Seafood Restaurant and Oyster Bar in Brighton, straight from school in 1998, Ed moved to Koh Tao in February 2007, where he has since been working as a chef at various locations around the island. Ed had developed his menus using feedback he has received from his customers since he opened, Barracuda, in July 2010. With his latest menus, Ed has started to introduce the "Thai Fusion" range of dishes to suit all tastes, these are proving to be extremely popular with the locals and tourists alike.
israel
“Disappointing ”
Reviewed October 24, 2013 via mobile

We tried this restaurant after reading the warm reviews on tripadvisor. Unfortunately, the food was poor. We ordered a platter of seafood, and almost nothing was tasty. The fish was tasteless, the mussels felt like it was cooked in the day before and the prowns were overcooked.

• Finnish first
  • Turkish first
Prague, Czech Republic
“Mind blown”
Reviewed October 22, 2013

One of the best seafood I've eaten anywhere. Came here based on all the reviews being 5/5 and cannot leave without my own. This is definitely a must go place if you ever go to Ko Tao. I would suggest booking a table as it was almost full every time we walked past, even during low season.

• Visited October 2013
Limerick
“Asian Fusion at its best”
Reviewed October 18, 2013

Went to this restaurant on two occasions during our stay came back the second time as the quality of the food was outstanding. The Fish platter is definitely worth a try as is the Thai Fusion Barracuda Fillet in banana leaf. By far the best meals we had in Koh Tao

• Visited July 2013
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Cheshire cat grin”
Reviewed October 17, 2013

I prebooked a table here as heard it is sometimes difficult to get a seat without a reservation.

Me and my partner ordered the 'All in seafood platter' When the food arrived I couldn't help but smile from ear to ear - it was more than enough for me and my partner to share, and everything was delicious (particularly the barracude fishcakes). I would also recommend trying the passion fruit and berry mojitos.

Great service, great food. Wish I had more time to try more of the menu.

• Visited October 2013
Koh Tao, Thailand
“Amazing food on Koh Tao”
Reviewed October 16, 2013

We had an amazing dinner at Barracuda. I had the duck liver pate as a starter and the barracuda wrapped in parma ham, both very tasty. My girlfriend had the prawn skewers and the vegetarian salad which was huge. We finished our meal with the chocolate cake...AWESOME! It was quite busy so we were glad that we booked a table. Would recommend this place to everybody, you don't want to miss out.

• Visited September 2013