“This is a great place to eat”

Barracuda Restaurant & Bar
Ranked #11 of 181 Restaurants in Koh Tao
Good for: Local cuisine, Kids, Families with children, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Located in the centre of Sairee Beach, Barracuda is a laid back and stylish dining alternative. Specialising in a large selection of seafood and Thai style fusion dishes. Within our extensive menu you are bound to find something to suit all tastes. After training as a Chef at, English's Seafood Restaurant and Oyster Bar in Brighton, straight from school in 1998, Ed moved to Koh Tao in February 2007, where he has since been working as a chef at various locations around the island. Ed had developed his menus using feedback he has received from his customers since he opened, Barracuda, in July 2010. With his latest menus, Ed has started to introduce the "Thai Fusion" range of dishes to suit all tastes, these are proving to be extremely popular with the locals and tourists alike.
Pattaya, Thailand
“This is a great place to eat”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 10, 2013

This Restuarant is very popular and so must book to get a table. The food is excellent and presentation up market. Would highly recommend.

Visited October 2013

• Turkish first
Toronto, Canada
“Excellent Meal”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 10, 2013

To celebrate one of us leaving Koh Tao we splurged at Barracuda one night.

It's definitely not the easiest spot to get a table and we were a little cramped as a group of 5, but it was well worth it.

Most of us ordered red meat, but a few of us ordered the chicken caesar. Everybody thought their meals were excellent, but the service was even better. Super-friendly staff, and the chef takes great pride in his work. It was a really nice change from exclusively Thai foods. I wanted to return for another special meal, but most of the people I was hanging out with felt this restaurant was out of their budget range. Great (if I recall) lime shakes. Very refreshing. I promised myself if I came back I'd order seafood. The steak was excellent, but my decision to order it was influenced by my friends (I didn't want to be the only person without one).

I definitely didn't feel I overpaid, but there are better values to be had. From what I understand, they cook some of the best Western food on the island, and I felt I got what I paid for.

Like almost everywhere on Koh Tao, appetizer doesn't really translate well. It almost always comes out with your main course unless you are really specific and ensure understanding. My salad did come out as an appetizer (before my main meal) but I accidentally ended up with main course-sized chicken caesar. Small or 'starter' definitely got lost in translation. I definitely wouldn't (and didn't) complain, it was a great salad at a reasonable price, just waaaay more than I could eat.

Definitely a superb meal

• Visited August 2013
Singapore, Singapore
“Just as good as the reviews”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 10, 2013

Excellent sea food, warm personal service - just a delight to visit Barracuda Restaurant in Sairee Village. We will surely be back !!!

Visited June 2013
Kent, England
“when you need a change from Thai food!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 9, 2013

Had a delicious meal there celebrating a family birthday. Amazing menu with masses of choice, seafood especially good. Not the cheapest place to eat, but great for a treat when you need a change from Thai food. Make sure you book to get a table near the street, as it's a small place and gets hot near the kitchen.

• Visited September 2013
Morpeth, United Kingdom
“top restaurant”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 9, 2013

we ate here twice during our 2 week visit to koh tao, altho a bit more expensive than your typical thai restaurant the food and service was great, large choice of foods and excellently presented, will def return next year. booking recommended.

• Visited September 2013