“Great Seafood”

Ranked #13 of 213 Restaurants in Koh Tao
Cuisines: European, Seafood, Thai, Fusion
Good for: Special occasions
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Located in the centre of Sairee Beach, Barracuda is a laid back and stylish dining alternative. Specialising in a large selection of seafood and Thai style fusion dishes. Within our extensive menu you are bound to find something to suit all tastes. After training as a Chef at, English's Seafood Restaurant and Oyster Bar in Brighton, straight from school in 1998, Ed moved to Koh Tao in February 2007, where he has since been working as a chef at various locations around the island. Ed had developed his menus using feedback he has received from his customers since he opened, Barracuda, in July 2010. With his latest menus, Ed has started to introduce the "Thai Fusion" range of dishes to suit all tastes, these are proving to be extremely popular with the locals and tourists alike.
Reviewed September 12, 2013

One of the nicest places we ate while on our holiday in Thailand. Exceptional service, amazing food (especially seafood).

Write a ReviewReviews (2,082)

Reviewed September 12, 2013

The menu is a little overwhelming with choice, and extremely hard for fish lovers. I decide to go with the chicken curry, and though the meat, sauce and condiments were served in individual dishes, all of the flavours merged perfectly together. My dinner companions both went with the baked barracuda, which they both enjoyed immensely. Will definitely get further visits so we can try more of the dishes!

Reviewed September 11, 2013

We actually live on the Island. We have tried numerous other restaurants but always returned to Barracuda, as nothing else quiet compared! The top of the tree has to be, the seafood platter for two. A plethora of fish and shell food all with different textures, tastes some with a small hint of Thai, topped off with amazing Barracuda fish cakes. It should be called the seafood platter for four! Gordon Ramsey would have nothing to complain about! Great value for money and cooked to perfection. The menu is not only limited to fish alone, there is something for everyone, duck, ribs and very tender steaks. For curry lovers, they cook a Tandori Barracuda to die for that has all the trimmings. The Asian staff serve to western standards and do it with a smile. Nothing is ever a problem. All the food arrives at the table at the same time which is uncommon in Thailand. Many times at other restaurants, my partner had eaten her food before mine had arrived or vice versa. It is, the complete dining experience and the best place to people watch on the Island. You can enjoy the antics of the gorgeous girls in Dream bar opposite or the lady boys parading up and down the street. The cabaret is next door, a great show, I would also recommend. All in all a very colourful, delicious evening topped off with great service. The only negative thing about Barracuda is it sometimes gets warm inside, so I would recommend booking a table outside.

1  Thank MadMonk2013
Reviewed September 10, 2013

This was the best restaurant for fresh seafood in Koh Tao. Service was great, food and drinks were fresh and delicious. I would say stick to the seafood on the menu, as these were far superior to the non-seafood offerings. Ok, I'm basing this solely on the duck that my companion ordered one night, which wasn't bad, but nothing to write home about. Why go with mediocre when you can have fantastic!

Reviewed September 10, 2013

Please bare with me... I have not eaten in this restaurant... At this you think to yourself why am I reading this review?! Answer, because I have eaten the chefs food and it was amazing! My partner and I were staying at The Place (no.1 location to stay on tripadvisor) and they offer for a very cheep 1300bht for Ed the creator of Barracuda to come and cook privately for you... 'You what!?' I hear you say... It's true, he comes to your villa and cooks an AMAZING meal for you... We had a full fish platter with... Not surprisingly barracuda, prawns, fish cakes... the list goes on it was some of the best fresh fish we had accompanied by some lovely salad and garlic potatoes. For pud we had an, as my misses puts it 'off the scale' chocolate tart and cream. Ed originally comes from Brighton and has clearly learned his trade in the top fish restaurants that you find in that corner of England and this was demonstrated with our lovely meal! I know I have not eaten in his restaurant but have eaten direct from his menu so feel sufficiently experienced to say if you can go to his restaurant or if you're at the place make sure you get him to come and cook for you... He's a top chef!

1  Thank Something funn y