“Must eat here when in Koh Tao”

Barracuda Restaurant & Bar
Ranked #11 of 202 Restaurants in Koh Tao
Cuisines: European, Seafood, Thai, Fusion
Good for: Special occasions
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Located in the centre of Sairee Beach, Barracuda is a laid back and stylish dining alternative. Specialising in a large selection of seafood and Thai style fusion dishes. Within our extensive menu you are bound to find something to suit all tastes. After training as a Chef at, English's Seafood Restaurant and Oyster Bar in Brighton, straight from school in 1998, Ed moved to Koh Tao in February 2007, where he has since been working as a chef at various locations around the island. Ed had developed his menus using feedback he has received from his customers since he opened, Barracuda, in July 2010. With his latest menus, Ed has started to introduce the "Thai Fusion" range of dishes to suit all tastes, these are proving to be extremely popular with the locals and tourists alike.
Reviewed June 8, 2013 via mobile

The prices here are a little higher than most other restraunts in Koh Tao but well and truly worth it!!! All of the food we ordered was 100% up to standard of the top restraunts in Melbourne which would charge $150 a plate minimum. I would suggest making a booking especially if you are travelling in high season as half the tables were already booked/reserved at 6:30pm in the middle of the week in low season. I highly recommend Baracuda though. Well worth it!!!

2  Thank LoLLyK11

Reviewed June 8, 2013 via mobile

We had an amazing meal here. We are from Melbourne and we love our food. The quality of the food here is just amazing, as good or better than most places back home. We will go again before we leave koh Tao

1  Thank Jaimeebm
Reviewed May 28, 2013

Great place for a nice dinner out on Koh Tao. Group of six had drinks, dinner & dessert for for about $165.00 (Canadian) including the awesome seafood platter for two!

Reviewed May 24, 2013

It’s actually a bit shocking to find something this good somewhere so small where generally this amount of thought and skill wouldn’t be put into food. My wife and I live in New York, eat out there several times a week and have spent far far more than we did here to get far less. I loved their appetisers and my wife declared one of their entrees one her favourite dishes of the past few years.
I liked the service, they were there when required without plaguing your existence, liked the décor and while without AC there were enough fans to keep me comfortable. The owner and staff obviously care about this place and someone knows their food. Were this transported to N.Y. I’d eat there frequently, were it transported there at these prices I’d eat there daily.

Reviewed May 17, 2013

Amazing little find on Koh Tao! When I thought all that could be found was straight forward Thai or Western food for burger starved travellers, along came Barracuda. Billed as Thai fusion, it really delivered. The mix of fine dining quality foord with hints of local flavor. Lemon grass, curry flavors, etc. All mixed up with fresh delicious seafood and vegtables. Inspired food and great, surprisingly attentive staff who couldn't do enough to make sure you were always set with what you needed. We stayed on the south end of the island but came to Sairee almost every other night to eat here. The best part, they are priced only a few baht more than if you ate at one of the other run of the mill places. All in all, very pleased to have stumbled on Barracuda. Try the bruchetta, and make sure you have some pan fried barracuda.