“Couldn't have been better”
Review of Golden Divers

Golden Divers
Ranked #48 of 104 Tours in Koh Tao
More attraction details
Owner description: Our dive school wants to give you the customer the best dive experience we possibly can, so for people wishing to take a PADI course we make sure our groups are no bigger than 4 people this enables our experienced instructors to give you plenty of individual attention making you a better and safer diver...for certified people who just want to fun dive our dive leaders are very experienced with all the dive site's around this beautiful island and we have no limit on dive time our boat only goes out once a day for 2 dives so were not restricted by schedules...and our boat does not leave until 11pm this means no setting your alarm at 6.30 your are on holiday after all, also leaving at this time means we arrive at dive sites when other schools are leaving so we can spend more time looking at the fish and not other divers so come join our magical underwater world on the rock (Koh Tao).
Reviewed December 7, 2013

Around the time I went with golden divers the conditions weren't very good but that didn't even come close to stopping me and my instructor Robert having a great time I finished my advanced and couldn't stop myself doing the rescue diver course it was easily the best course I'd ever done because of the staff me giving first aid to Arnold cos he fell down a grate and got tomato ketchup on his leg it was an awesome experience and if I ever go back I'm going there

1  Thank Chris B
"learn how"
"feel confident"
"amazing dive"

Reviewed November 14, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I had no plans to get Scuba Certified on our honeymoon, but then we saw that you could do a one-day "Discover Scuba Diving" course and our guesthouse recommended Golden Divers.

We are so glad they did! We did the "discovery," and then we're offered the opportunity to continue on to get certified. Remco, our instructor, made it so enjoyable and easy (I was a tad nervous going into the whole thing) that we couldn't wait to do more diving!

Remco was fabulous; a really fun, goofy guy who knows when it's time to be serious. He could tell when I started to feel nervous about something and made sure I felt comfortable all the time (I was the only girl in our group of 4 divers, so it was nice to have him pay special attention to my apprehensions.)

We even kind of got to know some of the other instructors just by being on the boat and they were also incredibly nice and helpful. They all seem to have the same goal in mind: teach us how to be safe divers, because that's how you have the most fun!

We were really impressed with the number of languages being spoken on the boat...they have instructors who teach in a lot of different ones! Even though English was not the first language for a majority of the instructors, not one time did that present an issue. They are beyond fluent.

I cannot say enough good things about Golden Divers. If you're going to Koh Tao, you should learn how to dive and do it with Golden!

Reviewed August 14, 2013

I arrived on Koh Tao with a specific plan to do my padi open water, after walking around and enquiring at several other shops, I found Golden Divers offered a great package deal and were by far the most welcoming, their friendly yet professional approach was exactly what I was looking for.
I was lucky enenough to have Jeff instruct me on a one to one basis, being the only English student at the time. The open dives on the course were amazing, Jeff showed me rays hidden under rock crevices, moray eels, groupers to name a few. Golden Divers have a real passion that shows, my girlfriend even joined us on the boat and did snorkeling while I was diving at no extra charge. I recommend Golden Divers to anyone I met wanting to dive on Koh Tao.

A big thanks to Jeff my intructor, Arno and the rest of the guys who made the whole experience enjoyable and safe.

Reviewed August 2, 2013

Stumbled on this place once I got to Koh Tao with two friends and we all did the open water certification course, and couldn't have been happier! Robert was an amazing instructor and the whole staff was great. I wouldn't have wanted to go anywhere else for scuba on the island. If you want to get scuba certified on Koh Tao, go to Golden Divers!

1  Thank Ryan B
See more reviews
Reviewed July 27, 2013

As French speakers, we passed our PADI open water with Jeff (great french instructor) at Golden Divers (but the school also offers lessons in English, Dutch and German). Jeff and the rest of the team are very friendly and make you feel comfortable in every situation. As we were seasick, they even offered seasick pills to make us feel better. You dive in very small groups (4 divers max per instructor) on various sites around Koh Tao. Instructors are great professionals with a lot of experience and impressive certifications. On top of this, we found their rates very competitive compared to other diving schools. To summarise, for the athmosphere, the friendly and very professional instructors, the rate and all the fun you will have, just do not hesitate, go for Golden Divers!