Asia Divers Resort
$73
$57
Agoda.com
Haadtien Beach Resort(Koh Tao)
$131
$108
$249
$123
  • Breakfast included
Ban's Diving Resort(Koh Tao)(Great Value!)
$66
$39
  • Pool
  • Beachfront
Pinnacle Koh Tao Resort(Koh Tao)(Great Value!)
$45
$36
$55
$41
  • Breakfast included
Montalay Beach Resort(Koh Tao)(Great Value!)
$32
$30
Agoda.com
In Touch Resort & Restaurant(Koh Tao)(Great Value!)
$22
$96
$70
Agoda.com
Aminjirah Resort(Koh Tao)(Great Value!)
$51
All reviewscross fitdive staffnice poolsairee beachswimming poolwifi connectionstayed here for nightsfun diveslight sleeperper nightcleaned every daydive schoolgreat divingopen waterclaudebalconyisland
Reviewed September 10, 2012

I'm writing this review more to promote asia divers itself, rather than the hote resort. I stayed for two weeks at the resort which was pretty average accomodation unless you upgraded rooms which was, in my eyes, worth it as the standard was a lot better. The pool area is nice and it's good to have the restaurant on site which does good food and great shakes!

But what made my stay in Koh Tao brilliant was just how much fun I had learning to scuba dive with asia divers. Definitely something I will never forget! My friends and I originally were just going to do a day of diving but very quickly ended up deciding that it would be great to do our PADI open water. Everyone working there is so kind and friendly that, although I thought I would be nervous about diving, I really wasn't at all. We had Rick as our instructor who made everything fun and relaxed from start to finish. I definitely recommend him as an instructor, especially if you're new to diving! I loved it so much that I ended up staying and doing my advanced scuba diving which was incredible. I was able to do a shipwreck dive and a night dive!!

We also decided to get our 3rd and 4th dives filmed by one of the company's viedographers which I also recommend because it's something you can keep forever and is a great memory to have. If you're interested you can get them to show you some examples whilst out there - they're really good!

Personally, I think the staff at the resort could take a few lessons from the asia diving instructors in hospitality and customer service! They aren't particularly friendly at the desk, especially if you have an issue. But I still really enjoyed my time here - go for the diving!

Room Tip: I was originally put into a tiny claustraphobic room - this was a basic room I think. It didn't even have any hanging space and the drawers were broken. I was staying for two weeks so I upgraded and was a lot happier. I had a big balcony overlooking the pool and a spacious room. It did get very warm in the room even with the fan but this is Thailand and unless you have aircon - it's going to be warm!
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank Helena D
Reviewed August 19, 2012

I stayed here for one night only. Ko Tao is a scuba diving destination of Thailand. The hotel staff were very friendly and hospitable. We could not do our breakfast as we had to leave early for the diving session, once we came back we asked them if we can get our breakfast in the lunch time and to my surprise they served us that. A very warm gesture by the hotel staff and we never had any problem during our stay.

The location is great, near the beach and shopping street, clubs, etc.

Stayed: July 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank arghasengupta1
Reviewed August 17, 2012

We arrived on Koh Tao and strugged to find a room anywhere with most hotels fully booked or changing at least 2000 baht (double our budget!). Asia divers had 1 room left a fan twin for 800 baht and we took it gladly. The room was newly decorated and had a balcony overlooking the pool. It was cleaned daily which seems somewhat a rarity in Thailand.
It was only 2 mins walk to the main bar/restaurant/beach area which was fine by us as it meant the room was always quiet. There are places to eat and drink closer but we always went to the beachfront.
To be honest the room was too hot despite the new rotating fan but we found having a cold shower before getting into bed helped to cool us down. Having a pool was a nice touch, small but lovely to cool off.
We never ate at the bar or had much to do with the staff but everyone seemed helpful enough and we enjoyed our stay.

Room Tip: Get and AC room, you really need it!
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 6, 2012

We got the room as soon as we landed from the boat having not booked before arrival; driven straight to the resort which is on the main hub beach of the island. only a 5 minute walk from waterfront to the hotel. However there were no a/c rooms left; i wasn't hugely fussed but it was just unbearable - no breeze and only one small fan. we also got bitten alive as we backed onto the treeline!

Staff were bearable but service at the restaurant was poor. Good for divers and people just looking for a base.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed July 14, 2012

Somewhat overpriced. Had a superior AC room which was ok. For the price you would expect a room security safe for belongings. The room was somewhat run down.

The main thing you really notice is the staff just don't smile. They seem to just be after your cash and don't care about showing any hospitality in return.

Finding another place to stay is recommended, especially for the price they charge here. For the money you pay here you could stay at Regal hotel which is plush and new and right on the water.

• Stayed: July 2012