All reviews dive staff sairee beach wifi connection stayed here for nights light sleeper fun dives per night great diving min walk open water pool balcony island courses baht pier tao
Reviewed January 17, 2012

My friend and I stayed here January 2012, at first we really weren't sure whether to book, first it was the only place we could find in the resort that had availability (usually not a good sign!) and second, it seemed so far away from the main "action" of the village but was actually about a 60 second walk! (Must make the effort to map scales in future!) And being slightly set back from the main road meant it was nice and quiet. Its set in lovely grounds and has a nice little pool that was extremely clean. We had one of the standard rooms which was fine, had air con and hot water.

We also did an introductory dive with them, its very hard to pick a dive school in Koh Tao as there are so many and our trusty Lonely Planet didn't mention Asia Divers in its recommendations but we ended up being really pleased we decided to go with them. We'd both had very disappointing diving experiences before (Egypt and Australia) and so were very apprehensive but our instructor Rick, a lovely English guy, put us both at complete ease and made the whole experience one of the highlights of our holiday. They only seem to take out small groups (it was just the 2 of us on our dive!) which really made a massive difference for us - we're now even considering doing our PADIs!

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank Clapham1
Reviewed January 11, 2012

the hotel was fine in all areas just was very busy at the time and prices wern't great at the time. we were close to everything really. the pool was nice an quite deep in places. the rooms very basic, with ac and a balcony. we put 3 in a room and got an extra matress put in. it was sufficient. The food from the restraunt was good.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with friends
Reviewed January 10, 2012

We chose this place by renting a scoter and jus popping in and out of schools and resorts.
it seems Koh Tao is a cross between a mass production open water factory and an episode of Brits behavin badly overseas

We looked at a few schools n places on the strip but it was sure not for us but a nice guy called Barry at Sairee cottage pointed us away form the thronging yellow brick road and up towards the Muay Thai Boxing Center to look at renting a house for our stay on the search we popped into The Asia Divers Resort SO SO glad we did

Spoke to a British guy called Rick a gem no stress no hard sell no rush he took time to explain all and then the ladies at the desk managed to find us space on the resort.

Our room was only a basic AC room but was perfect hot hower AC balcony clean well kept and V WIFI eat value at 1000THB a night food at the bar is fab too n well priced

Onto diving matters I cannot rate them highly enough Aurora an english speaking Italian is a bundle of joy and from my observations a great teacher indeed so warm,Dan our DM n guide was a gent indeed,same for Mike another DM, Rick was a greatguide n all round top fella, there is a real sense of family about these guys (even tho they are not) Claude is a top man n a Chelsea fan to boot an a bit of a legend here in Koh Tao a big thanks also to Alberto and Vincent on being helpful and on guding some other guides.

All in all they have restored my faith in dive centres after Zanzibar and made it clear that it is about fun diving not being pushy and treating you like a person not a number on a balance sheet its nice you can go out on a boat and do as many or a few dives as you choif you wanna se so do dive one but skip dive two no penalty no charge no stress boats are big and well equipped air on board

My advice if you diving in Koh Tao it shoul be here

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 4, 2012

We booked a Comfort Fan Room for 5 nights over Christmas 2011. The weather was terrible while we were there...raining and cloudy!! We only had 1 afternoon of sunshine!!
The hotel itself was a good budget option. The room was clean and luckily had a TV to help pass the rainy afternoons!! The room was hot - the fan managed to cool it enough but was still stuffy. Luckily the weather wasn't too hot otherwise I think we would've suffered at night. The pool wasn't too busy and you could go in even when there were divers in it. Breakfast was OK for a freebie!
The hotel was close enough to walk into the resort centre but not too close to be disturbed by the parties.
Hotel staff were helpful and friendly. We had no problems with our laundry - we received everything back the next day nicely folded. It's definitely not a luxury resort but perfect for the budget concious traveller.

Room Tip: If you are going in the hot season be sure to book a room with A/C - fan room would be too hot!!
  • Stayed: December 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank naybabs85
Reviewed January 3, 2012

I arrived on koh tao and spent a full day going around at least 10 schools to make sure I didn't end up with a pack of jokers. To be fair there really isn't much difference between a lot of the schools and so my decision was ultimately influenced by the fact that the guy who showed me around (claude) gave me a very good impression of Asia divers. I wasn't too comfortable in the water and had all but quit until he suggested that I have another go in the pool. He took me on in his own time and walked me through the process at a pace I was happy with. I ended up completing the course which I certainly would not have done had Claude not been so accommodating. I found the other instructors to be excellent too (special mention to dave!) but unfortunately they are let down by poor management from above. The pool is a disgrace in terms of cleanliness and was a hygiene issue when I was there. The staff at reception could also at least try to be a bit more interested in customer service but to be fair I have come across worse in Asia. In summary this is a very good school which I would recommend thanks to the high standard of instructors. If management could bring about a few basic changes (most notably cleaning the pool more regularly) this place could well be the best on the island.

• Stayed: December 2011