Aminjirah Resort
Pinnacle Koh Tao Resort(Koh Tao)(Great Value!)
$55
$109
$92
Savings alert! 37% below average rates

The price you found is 37% lower than this hotel's average rate of $146/night.

$106
$62
Savings alert! 10% below average rates

The price you found is 10% lower than this hotel's average rate of $69/night.

$95
$88
  • Breakfast included
Ban's Diving Resort(Koh Tao)(Great Value!)
$39
  • Pool
  • Beachfront
Koh Tao Simple Life Resort(Koh Tao)(Great Value!)
$54
Priceline
$99
$69
Trip.com
Savings alert! 32% below average rates

The price you found is 32% lower than this hotel's average rate of $101/night.

In Touch Resort & Restaurant(Koh Tao)(Great Value!)
$57
$34
Priceline
Haadtien Beach Resort(Koh Tao)
$193
$154
Savings alert! 13% below average rates

The price you found is 13% lower than this hotel's average rate of $177/night.

$167
$145
1,376 results
All reviewsinfinity poolmystery roomsunset dreamsairee beachbudget roomocean viewmain poolstunning viewsfree shuttlemy girlfriendwatching the sunsetwe loved our stayrent a scootermain towngreat poolshuttle servicelow season
Reviewed February 24, 2017 via mobile

From beginning to end this stay was fantastic. We had received emails about the pick up from the pier advising to email 72 hours a head with our times and the boat we came on as there are 3 piers in 3 different locations. We were picked up on time and driven to our hotel ( there are so many people shouting out taxi taxi and saying that no one is coming to get you and follow you up the pier.) once arriving check in was quick and easy. We had dinner at the restaurant the food Is good but pricey compared to in town but not too pricey. The location of the hotel is out of town so it is a bit of a walk but they offer free shuttle service in and out I think it's 10,12 ,2pm and 5pm. It is easy to catch a taxi but is expensive the price is meant to be 100 baht per person from town but it actually needs a minimum of 4 people to get that price or it's 400 baht cheapest we got for 2 ppl was 250 baht from the edge of town. The room was small and we did encounter a few small problems with the air con but the staff fixed it pretty quick. The breakfast buffet has a lot of options hot stations eggs made to order and cereals and fruits, they have two pools one sky pool off the breakfast area no lounges just chairs and then a pool with a beautiful view instagram worthy indeed. The staff are very friendly and welcoming and the grounds around the hotel are very clean. On a side note If you are confident on a motorbike I would recommend hire one as the island has amazing beaches with great snorkelling but the roads in some areas are very unkept and dangerous. I know that you can hire the bikes just outside of the hotel but we did not hire from there so unsure of the condition. We rented from Koh Tao bike rentals by the Nathan pier and they were fantastic no problems. Overall this hotel was a great choice.

Stayed: February 2017, traveled as a couple
PositivityPlease, Owner at Aminjirah Resort, responded to this reviewResponded March 5, 2017

Dear Sarah

Thank you for your thorough reviews and lovely comments. It was a pleasure to accommodate you!

Reviewed February 24, 2017

We used the restaurant's viewing deck to find our perfect sunset. The tuna salad and beer were good too. Did not stay at the resort. This little beauty is up the hill going north from Sairee. Best done on a rented scooter or bike. Take all your camera gear with you. The staff don't mind and the location is phenomenal.

Stayed: February 2017
Aminjirah, Owner at Aminjirah Resort, responded to this reviewResponded February 24, 2017

Dear Johann

Thank you so much for review our Ocean Lounge.

xoxo Aminjirah

Reviewed February 23, 2017 via mobile

I traveled a lot and have seen places from the very cheapest bamboo cottage up to five star suites. I guess I know what to expect from the place I am staying.... This was by far the worst experience I ever made.

We were traveling in a group of 3 people and booked the most expensive room they have with the private pool. We arranged a pickup from the ferry terminal the day prior to our planed arrival. No one showed up. After calling them they sent a car and we arrived at the hotel. The guy at the reception did not know we are 3 people and had the room ready for 2 even I had an email confirmation stating a booking for 3. They managed to add one of the cheapest beds you can find (Military style) to the room. The announced private pool exists but it is much smaller then expected. You can easily reach both ends of the pool with your hands while standing in the middle of it. The water color was tending to yellow.

The bed was contaminated with bed bugs. Also the bathroom is the home for cockroaches. The bedsheets had stains on it, same like the provided bathroom slippers. I am used to either do not receive any slippers or get new ones for each guest - at least clean ones. They were definitely neither clean nor new.

The attached restaurant is way to overpriced. Even a simple coke costs double the price to comparable other locations. The food is ok and the restaurant team is willing to do their possible best. The prices are not by them so I tipped the team for their good service.

The hotel pool has a stunning view that's it. Just come as a walk in and enjoy the sunset from the pool but do not stay here.

After we moved to another room the bed bug problem increased even more. I told the guy at the reception and the changed the mattress and the bed sheets as well. This stopped getting new bites but the bites from previous nights where ruining the rest of the stay.

In addition to that the towels were dirty, things were broken and dirty in the room as you can see on the pictures. You could easily see that previous guest where fighting agains the mosquito problem as well because there were leftovers from dead mosquitoes on the walls everywhere....

I asked the guy from the reception what he can do about our bad experience. Short answer: nothing, he did his best already with changing the mattress......... no discount, no extra from the restaurant, no extra shuttle. Just NOTHING.

The island is beautiful and the people are nice as well. But avoid staying at this place. You won't find a place more worse then this on the island.

Stayed: February 2017, traveled with friends
7  Thank toberho
Aminjirah, Owner at Aminjirah Resort, responded to this reviewResponded February 25, 2017

Dear Sir,

First of all I am extremely discouraged that you did not enjoy your stay. We work extremely hard to ensure that our guests are happy and satisfied with their stay.

Your review is extremely hard to comprehend since we have had guests stay in our villa just before you checked in and just after you checked out and they all gave excellent feedback, including here on tripadvisor and also in our facebook review section. None have mentioned an issue with bed bugs or particular problems with mosquitoes (except during dusk - which is normal).

I have also looked at your images and they are not consistent with bed bug bites. I have once tried it myself while traveling and that's not how it looks. Furthermore we very very carefully inspected the sheets and madras, when you asked to change and were so satisfied there were no bed bugs that we put the madras in our own room.

It is my clear opinion that you had an extreme reaction to local insects and mosquitoes, but certainly not bed bugs.

In many ways your review is really out of the ordinary if you look at our other reviews. How you can be so unhappy, while at the same time we have so many guests is just very strange.

I was actually there when you arrived and saw our beautiful pool villa myself before you checked into it. Furthermore I took some new pictures, which I posted on our website and on our social media and at the same time I checked the villa and found nothing wanting.

With regards to your other complaints:

#1

First of all we advise all guests that we should be informed ahead of time of guest's arrival details. You did not advise us at all. I have checked all our emails.

#2

It is correct that the extra bed was not in your room on arrival, but that is normal procedure for most hotels. We added it shortly after check in.

#3

We have never stated that it is big pool. In fact we go out of our way to post pictures and video on our websites and social media and the pool is described as a plunge pool. And it was very nice and blue.

#4

Our prices are commensurate with our facilities, our views and our service.

Having said all that, I am of course disappointed you did not enjoy your stay.

xoxo Aminjirah

Reviewed February 20, 2017

My girlfriend and i stayed in the resort's pool villa and must say that the views were stunning. you walk from the main pool down a little path and enter the small villa through a bamboo door.There is a little terrace with chairs and table and then step down to a plunge pool. The bedroom is large and tastefully decorated.Bedvery very comfy - so joy to stay at Aminjirah. Must also mention the lovely employees of the resort and very friendly owner, who was always doing the garden or small improvements around the property ...talk about hands on....

Room Tip: Pool Villa is recommended
  • Stayed: February 2017, traveled as a couple
Aminjirah, Owner at Aminjirah Resort, responded to this reviewResponded February 22, 2017

Dear Sir,

Awesome you liked our unique pool villa! The view is just stunning from it, especially at sunset...

Reviewed February 20, 2017 via mobile

We actually booked for the wrong days and booked through an outside travel site and the staff here worked with us to sort it all out. The pool is great. The breakfeast was great. And the staff wonderful. Jack at the front desk I believe is his name was very helpful and hooked us up on all the hot spots. Scooter rental outside. Had a great time

Stayed: February 2017, traveled with friends

Dear Eli

Our pleasure! Glad you enjoyed your stay...