Aminjirah Resort
$110
$93
Savings alert! 39% below average rates

The price you found is 39% lower than this hotel's average rate of $152/night.

Pinnacle Koh Tao Resort(Koh Tao)(Great Value!)
$57
Trip.com
$163
$123
Agoda.com
In Touch Resort & Restaurant(Koh Tao)(Great Value!)
$27
$25
Savings alert! 19% below average rates

The price you found is 19% lower than this hotel's average rate of $31/night.

$82
$63
Priceline
Savings alert! 36% below average rates

The price you found is 36% lower than this hotel's average rate of $98/night.

Ban's Diving Resort(Koh Tao)(Great Value!)
$39
$36
  • Pool
  • Beachfront
Savings alert! 25% below average rates

The price you found is 25% lower than this hotel's average rate of $48/night.

$94
$88
Priceline
$54
$49
Hotels.com
$63
TripAdvisor
Haadtien Beach Resort(Koh Tao)
$164
TripAdvisor
1,375 results
All reviewsinfinity poolmystery roomsunset dreamsairee beachbudget roomocean viewmain poolstunning viewsfree shuttlemy girlfriendwatching the sunsetwe loved our stayrent a scootermain towngreat poolshuttle servicelow season
Reviewed October 8, 2016

This Resort is located on the side of a hill with breathtaking views away from the noise of the beach bars etc. Staff, Pool and the Rooms are all amazing with food and drinks available all day around the pool. Scooter hire next door made exporing the island a dream. Also Popeye snorkelling tour of the island is a must. We stayed in room 12 beside the pool and highly recommend it for its view/ambience. It was totally worth every the extra money spent. The only negative is that the check in/checkout could do with some more staff to make the process a little less time consuming.

Room Tip: Room 12 Worth every cent
  • Stayed: May 2016, traveled with family
Aminjirah, Owner at Aminjirah Resort, responded to this reviewResponded October 10, 2016

Dear Tammy,

We are super happy to receive your review after a few unfair ones below. It's always a pleasure when guests take their time to research their resort and in this case our website thoroughly, so they know what to expect. We feel that our website is extremely honest and we would much rather overwhelm than underwhelm. Often when guests book through third parties, they see only pretty pictures and a list of facilities, but they don't get a feel for the vibe of the resort.

In any case, we appreciate your time and hope to see you again :-)

Reviewed October 8, 2016 via mobile

My sister and I came here and loved it! We booked a cheaper room, but it was just right for us. Clean, nice decor etc. The poolside view did not disappoint! In fact we felt in heaven there! Cocktails by the pool were very yummy and found the staff friendly. Not too far to walk from town at all. It was about 15-20 mins, and we weren't walking fast. Well worth the walk I'd say!
Sadly we only stayed for 2 nights, longer would have been way better!

Stayed: October 2016, traveled with family

Dear Guest,

You just made our day with your sweet review. Such a pleasure to have so nice guests staying with us and the fact that you appreciated our smallest rooms. As we state on our website: they are small but comfortable and for travelers wanting to spend their time outside on beautiful Koh Tao, basking in the sun and enjoying the views. We know our resort is a bit quirky and we have a wide range of room types available and we often get bashed for that, as some travelers unfortunately don't book directly with us and thus end up just seeing the beautiful pools and forget properly researching what they are booking.

Once again, great to have you !!

Reviewed October 6, 2016 via mobile

Beautiful property poorly managed. We stayed at the old school beach view room.
Prior notified pickup at the pier didn't happen and the staff didn't bother to answer the phone despite calling half a dozen times from the pier. Reluctantly, they refunded our cab fare on the threat of a poor review. The room was clean though the crockery and kettle was not. We had problems with wifi, ac and kettle not working which were resolved by us or with staffs help. The door has a very strong spring which has hurt both of us at different times. The room is at best for a nights stay as there is no place to put the opened strolleys though the view from the balcony is good. The breakfast was basic and had hardly any non pork options probably because of lesser number of guests. The chilli ketchup rim has fungus growing on it which was yukkk. Most of the staff does not speak English. There is no phone in the room so one needs to go to the reception for any issue or requirements or call and hope they answer. The drinking water is charged at 25 baht per small bottle and there is no free drinking water provided which considering the price that we paid for the room should have been included.

Stayed: October 2016, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Shubha V
Aminjirah, Owner at Aminjirah Resort, responded to this reviewResponded October 7, 2016

Dear Shubva,

It was great sadness I read your review. I realise that having put our resort on other booking channels such as expedia and agoda, we will be getting guests that just read the very little information these websites provide and who just look at the pretty pictures and book. On our website we do our very best to explain exactly what we are about and if you had booked with us, I am sure you would have known that we do not have phones in the rooms and you would have had better managed expectations. The last 4 reviews we have received, have been from guests expecting a 5 star resort rather than what we clear describe on our website. We do not charge 4 or 5 star rates compared to "higher self rated resorts" on Koh Tao and we are very careful in our room descriptions as we would rather overwhelm than underwhelm.

With that in mind I am indeed sorry that you did not enjoy your stay, but of course had a look at your comments and spoke to our front desk staff.

First of all you called and asked to be picked up from Seatran Discovery, where our driver waited for half an hour. When you arrived, quite angrily, in our reception you actually wore a sticker from Songserm Express Boat. These two piers arrive in different areas, so we simply cannot ensure a smooth transfer if we do not have the right details. I think the fact that we actually re-imbursed you despite it not being our fault says a lot about our way of thinking.

I would also like to point out that we have a nice buffet breakfast, which changes slightly daily. You had not made known any specific requirements before arrival, so we tend to go with with the majority of customers crave. We do actually have an egg station and believe we provide a wide variety keeping that in mind.

We also provide free water in every room. They are in the bathroom as to avoid confusion which the water in the fridge, which is not free of charge. My reception explained this to you.

Once again I am really sorry that you did not enjoy your stay and have certainly taken your comments seriously and we always look to improve. However, one thing I find distasteful and which I have noticed often happens, is the willingness of reviewers here on TripAdvisor to sensationalise the reviews. In your case: "Stay there are your own period!". Seriously? What happened to normal decency and respect. We accept your comments and your critique but why go that extra step and make it sound as if it is dangerous to stay at our small resort? And what happened to basic research before making a booking. If you had read what it says on our website I am sure you would have/should have booked elsewhere. I saw you booked a 5 star resort in Koh Phangan, which is twice as expensive at least and thus I fail to see why you booked our small 3 star resort only to tear us down ?

It is a sad day, when everybody has no kindness in them...

Reviewed October 3, 2016

I have to start by saying that the view from the hotel pool is amazing!!
And that i wouldn't be writing this if i wasn't paying for more than a basic room.
But ones i pay for something more i expect to receive the service i pay for.
Me and my wife arrived at the hotel as part of our honeymoon trip.
It all started with a big misunderstanding that was caused by lack of English speaking crew in the reception what made us stuck in the reception for an hour,
Ones we got to the room we understood that honeymoon atmosphere we not going to have here.
-The mini bar was empty
-There was no phone in the room, what made me walk to the reception every time i need anything(wait there until someone back and only then try and explain what i want since she speaks only Thai).
-Water are running so low, we barely could take a shower.
- The sheets were not replaced.
I could go on forever, it was a really bad experience

Room Tip: Choose the cheap rooms there is no extra value except the hotel's pool(for everyone)
  • Stayed: September 2016, traveled as a couple
Aminjirah, Owner at Aminjirah Resort, responded to this reviewResponded November 2, 2016

Dear Sirs

It is with regret that I read your review. While we are certainly not perfect, you said prior to checking in that you would write a bad review, due to us being unable to refund your booking with agoda.com and re-book you at the same room cheaper with us directly. You refused to accept that you were bound by agoda.com's terms and conditions and blamed us for this. It was a very unfortunate situation, made worse by your rude and threatening behavior towards our front desk and myself, when we did our best to help the situation. All we can do is recommend future guests to book with us directly, as when you book with a third party, then it is out of our hands.

Reviewed October 2, 2016

As most people have reported this place has a great view. The staff were friendly and helpful and the location of the hotel wasn't too far from town to be an issue and with the free shuttle back and forth this was made easier. The guy renting the scooters has family linked to the hotel and he was rented me a bike for a few days at a good rate. (You can get cheaper in town but I would not trust them, too many stories of being ripped off and I saw people arguing twice with these people in three days). He asked me if I wanted to take photos of the bike and made me check it very thoroughly. He was honest and helpful and didn't even want to charge me for the bottle of gas I needed. Would definitely recommend using him.
I can't say anything negative about the place in general. My only gripe was the room we had, which I think was called ocean infinity was expensive, paid around £80-£85 which in September is quite high. I stay on Kohphangan quite often and only pay this for top 4* hotels. This was not a 4*hotel, two at best. However most of the other rooms, which were perfectly OK were reasonably priced, I think around £40 which I think is good value.
As the hotel was marketed as a resort, which it is not, and the price was high I thought it would be 4*. My fault for not doing more research.
I hope the owners do not think I am being negative as I have marked quite well in most places except value for the ocean room and the marketing as a resort.

Room Tip: Ocean room not worth double the money of normal room.
  • Stayed: September 2016, traveled as a couple
Aminjirah, Owner at Aminjirah Resort, responded to this reviewResponded October 6, 2016

Dear Jonny777,

We do thank you for giving us high marks across the board and conclude that your main concern with Aminjirah was the price you paid for the room. To that end you compared us with hotels and resorts you had stayed with in Koh Phangan. Comparing room rates between two properties is always like comparing apples and oranges. Many factors play a part and especially in this case. Koh Phangan has a much better local infrastructure, which includes easy access to cheap and stable electricity and government water. Koh Tao does not. Electricity is unstable and more expensive and in many cases, we are forced to run with a backup generator that is quite costly. We also have to pay much more for water than our neighbors on Koh Phangan, again adding to the overall cost of running a business here. Food, drinking water, alcohol, gasoline, cleaning materials and all the other items you use a lot in the hotel business also comes at premium. Thus you simply cannot reasonably compare Koh Phangan and Koh Tao. We'd love to have access to better government facilities, but have to make do with what we are given. Hope that makes sense.

With regards to your comment, that Aminjirah is not a "resort", I have looked up the definition of "resort" and this comes courtesy of Wilipedia:

"In North American English, the term "resort" is used for a self-contained commercial establishment which attempts to provide for most of a vacationer's wants while remaining on the premises, such as food, drink, lodging, sports, entertainment, and shopping. "

Granted we do not have much in the way of shopping or sport on the premises, but we are certainly as much a resort as the other "resorts" on Tripadvisor's list.

Thank you again for staying !!